View Full Version : What type of burley bucket?

30-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Just looking for a burley bucket for the back of the 575 outsider so I can go out to wide caloundra or barwon banks.
Would fix it to the other side.


31-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Get one of the removable plastic ones. They work a treat.

Some pics of my Cruisecraft Explorer 600 with berly bucket.

31-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Side view

31-05-2005, 03:39 AM
close up of bucket

31-05-2005, 04:51 PM
That's exactly what I need. Thanks for the great pic's. Good looking rig there too.
Have you had it long and where do you take it normally.

31-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Well Heath you're the one that made me interested in this style of burley bucket but I ended up making my own (I was too impatient to go to the shop). This style works really well, I'll vouch for that.

31-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Have had the rig a little over 2 years now. Fish mostly on the southern end of the GoldCoast, with the odd trip north up near Jumpinpin, but would like to try a bit further a field sometime in the future. Especially Fraser Is, would love to give it a hit up there one day :-/

One thing to watch if you use this make of bucket is when you drill through the transom, that you come out above the shelf above the scuppers.

Your right, this style of berly bucket works very well, mostly because it is removable, making it easy to clean. I actually drilled bigger holes in mine as well, just to make the berly a bit more free flowing.

31-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I see that you have protection between the rollers.........Here's my version

31-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Take a while to hollow them out to fit


01-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Yes, I noticed the Dumbier trailers didn't come with protection for the roller arms. A bit silly for a drive on trailer.

The Tinka came with them as standard.

02-06-2005, 03:16 PM
To Corry, In reference to the bimini.....Mine is a fixed bimini over the fishing deck.

It does look to me that Heath has what you are enquiring about