PDA

View Full Version : DAMB MEAT FISHERS

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 12:37 PM
gaday all .
had a run of bad luck and the wife got very Ill which caused our Mondurran trip to be canciled. so close local dam was fished.
which brings me to my gripe.
Why is it that when the Dam levels get low or lower than normal the Country FU@### hick dirt bag Meat fisherman come out of the woodwork.
it pisses me off no end that in the days of the acceptability of catch and release fishing with sport fish species like bass.
that you still get these wankers not giving a toss about size or bag limits.
while i dont give a toss of any one keeping a feed, its a free country and all.
but these pointy toed shoe wearin dumb ass hat wearin country dead sh##s still want to stuff the dams population of fish because the fish are confined to a smaller area.
i watched a boat with 4 adults , 3 older and 1 youngin kept everything that landed on there hooks. i fished probably 30-40 metres away, along the weed edges.
and they probably caught 12 or so fish while i was near and there were a couple small fish put in the keeper bag hanging from the side of the tinnie.
they where still fishing when i left so the tally is probably much higher than 12 bass
on a different note the DPI is on pertroll everyday at Moogerah dam which is all but empty.
but they dont come to maroon which is fishing fine still and has more stable water level.
i scarred 1 couple with what i was wearing, they thought i was DPI and they went into speal about being legal now with all the permits and stuff. ya right.
given both these dams are 15 minites apart ( drive time).
they could atleast check the slaughter going on at maroon dam by the locals. what happened to .ALL THINGS IN MODERATION ???
after talking to a few poeple who fish here a lot they say they've never seen a inspector at the dam. ive never seen 1 ether.
i'll be E-Mailing the DPI and informing them to the meat fisherman from the local area.
Cloud 9

Big_unit
13-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Cloud 9,
# # # # # Dont certain freshwater species like Bass which have been hooked, cause the other fish in the area to spook if they are released straight away back into the water. Maybe they were going to release the fish in the keeper bag when they were finished. Just a thought obviously I wasnt there but some people do know what they are doing. You didnt mention whether or not you said anything to them while you were there. If I saw somebody doing something I thought was wrong I would say something then and there. Not go and start spruicking off about how wrong they are and how you are going to dob them in. At least know for sure if they were doing the wrong thing.

Not to mention your comments about country people which I take offence too, perhaps while I am wearing my hat and boots you would care to tell me all about it ... cause who says the people you are talking about are from the country. #

Cheers
James

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 03:20 PM
ok james the funny hat and boots was probably too FAR but from my experence the country folk tend to not give a crap about anything but themselves.
you my be the exception?
old fellers i know and give crap to about their fishing habbits and stuff , just say im getting a feed.
anybody with a current boat rego should know the bag limits, considering the water is in their back yard . and who gives a crap about spooking the other fish. 2 in possesion per person per day. in the keeper bag is against the law. because its in your possesion.
anyone bait fishing is not there for sport.
i could be wrong and have been before. but when was the last time you heard of a sport fisherman useing bait for catch and release?? ( For Bass )
like i said im not against catching a feed.
but braking the law is braking the law! and ignorance is not an excuse sorry james.
your NOT egnorent, but a lot of your country cousins are sorry.
cloud 9

nigelr
13-06-2005, 03:20 PM
No 1. Country boy. No 2. Meat fisher. No 3 Old Man, 49yo. No 4. ONLY TAKE WHAT I (AND MY WIFE AND KIDS) CAN EAT! No 5. Want my grandkids to be able to enjoy fishing like I do. No 6.There is no excuse for ignorance! More power to your elbow Cloud 9!

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 03:39 PM
crips nigle.
took a bit to figure that lot out. lol
big unit and myself have had words before.
we tend to see the otherside of the same coin. ;)
i think that anyone on AUSFISH who thought that i was haveing a go at them
is thinking to small, i feel that 99.9% of Ausfish members are responsible people.
otherwise you wouldn't be on here.
look at the amount of people who are here trying soft plastics .thats sport.
i know im off track but i have a book here called
How to clean a mess of fish without ,
without making a mess of the fish.
even thopugh it sounds like the meat fishers diary its more the sportfishers diary with the first 8 chapters on the history of fishing from trhe begining to care for the fish of a lifetime for the taxidermist.
good read.
Cheers Cloud 9

banshee
13-06-2005, 04:02 PM
"from my experence the country folk tend not to give a crap about anything but themselves"
Cloud 9,wake up to yourself,I would be interested to know just what is the extent of your experience with country people.

blaze
13-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I am a country person
cheers
blaze
ps
I give a dam, even to the extend of being mixed up in the political side of things
Cloud 9, i take no offence, in my country area there are not many meat gathers, lot of sports fisherpeople though

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 04:32 PM
i feel that 99.9% of Ausfish members are responsible people.
otherwise you wouldn't be on here.

thats what i said
im not haveing a go at anyone on here.
so why the defencive fellers?
do you know someone too?
ive seen this type of thing before in another dam as the water level got very low a few of the locals thought wacko. easy fishing.( long time ago. )
the country people that are on here that are takeing offence. Why? Are you one of the people im talking about?
if your NOT 1 of the meat fishers breaking the law, why take offence ?
Cloud 9

southernson
13-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Im a country boy. Fair few round my area that fish but all i know abide by the laws. I back you on what your sayin Cloud 9, It costs a S$@% load of money to keep inpoundments stocked n its quite possible the ones breaking the law dont have permits as well. If they take undersized fish there depleting the system n stuffin it up for everyone else.
My two cents
Cheers Matt

Burley_Boy
13-06-2005, 04:51 PM
keep informing people of wats right and wrong and u will make a difference, more power 2 ya Jamie

camsharkman
13-06-2005, 05:32 PM
I currently reside in the country but also have a place on the coast and have spent equal parts of my life between country and city.
You have my full support on what you are trying to say, I have no problem with that. The offenders should be caught and delt with. But the way you sterotype country people I do. It would be just as easy for me to go on about the countless times I have seen exceeded bag limits and under size fish on coastal cleaning tables. At the end of the day these are dumb ass people not dumb ass country hicks.

PinHead
14-06-2005, 12:17 AM
why restrict the criticism to country people...people who break the laws in fresh or salt water, regardless of where they are from should be penalised.

markpeta
14-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Fishing around Bribie with the older population you sometimes get an old guy walk up and say getting anything then he'll say I remember when we use to come down here and walk away with 3 potato sacks of fish. I always bite my tongue but pitty bag limits and sizes were not introduced 20 years ago the fishermans world would be a happier place.

Mark

PinHead
14-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Fishing around Bribie with the older population you sometimes get an old guy walk up and say getting anything then he'll say I remember when we use to come down here and walk away with 3 potato sacks of fish. I always bite my tongue but pitty bag limits and sizes were not introduced 20 years ago the fishermans world would be a happier place.

Mark

There were size limits back then..in the old days..but no bag limits. let's not get carried away here...do you honestly think that the numbers that were caught back then by recos have any bearing on numbers today ? Surely not...fish would have bred a lot in that time to continue the species...maybe we should look at other reasons why the numbers are not as great:
1. Commercial fishing
2. Increased number of boats hence more people out on the water doing several things..polluting etc
3. Run off of commercial and agricultural areas into the waterways.

The list goes on and on...I went down to the Pin yesterday morning...bloody boats everywhere..when I started fishing 37 years ago we fished down there in row boats and hardly saw another boat all weekend....I believe that fish numbers themselves have not dropped however they are not coming in to the busier areas to spawn as they used to..especially skittish species like bream.

Cloud_9
14-06-2005, 02:20 PM
well its good to see i upset a few people again, even though not intentionally.
lick camsharkman said why restrict the Dumb A factor to just country people??
well i'll bag the wiss outa who ever is doing the wrong thing, its just in this case its the local inhabitants of the maroon area that are the culprits that i watched break the law.and after the coments from couple at the ramp im questioning the DPI checking methods too.
while I'm relatively new to fishing so to speek 12 or 13 years that ive been in a sporting way.
dad took me fishing a couple times but it was the old way catch as many as you can.
biggest bag i can remember was 135 whiting from scarbough.(think i was 10 )
think i started to get scales from the fish diners we ate.
im happy to show my catch to who ever wants to see so more checking is fine by me, its just ive only been checked once in the time ive been fishing.so i think that that in itself breeds contempt for the laws.
never been checked yet so no big deal.
there are lots of people who think that way.
i want to see these people fined and the fines put back into the stocking money pool.
that way their damage can be repaired in time.
Cloud 9

basserman
14-06-2005, 05:28 PM
well i'm a country hick for sure cows dirt roads and kangaroos hopping down the streets however i do agree somewhat with ya
however and i don't know the facts but can relate to something that happend over the range at copton is that when the dams do fall too low the oxagian also falls so it is better to fish and keep some fish in these time than to put them back because if you put all the fish back as the water is falling then all you will do in the long run will be to starve the fish of air and doom them to a slow painful death however you should still always stick you your bag and size limits so no matter these people still sound like they are in the wrong ;)

Daintreeboy
15-06-2005, 12:33 PM
I wonder why the country areas fish better than the city areas? ;D ;D ;D ;) :D

Cloud_9
15-06-2005, 04:21 PM
because a lot of people like myself just tick the box for all the dams with reguards to the SIP money alloction. so lots of money and fewer people fish the farther away dams.
Or something like that ;D
Cloud 9

devocean
15-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I fish for a feed I go out fishing everytime to catch my bag limit and I dont think there is anything wrong with it.