PDA

View Full Version : Who caught what at the Hookup???

Lundy
14-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Who won the $20?? Looked for the banner on Saturday night and didn't see it?

Cheers
Steve

DNO40
14-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Fished all three days with the kids at spot X. Caught a number of fish including Bream, Flathead, Cod and the ever elusive Mangrove Jack. The only fish weighed in were Flathead and Bream. The Jacks being undersize.

Also looked for the Ausfish Banner and heard the Call on Sunday night but Couldn't find anyone.

Seen you weighing in Fish on Sat Steve but you were busy as was I. Bumped into CQNOMAD and Pash67 over the weekend also.

All in all the kids and I had a great time although not prize winners. I think its just as good to see the look on the kids faces when they haul in that fish that makes it all worth it.

Counted 72 boats in the Boyne River between Benaraby and the Boyne Ramp on friday.

Congratulations to all winners.........was there any AUSFISH winners ?

See you up the creek ! :D

DNO40
14-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Young Bloke with a Bream

DNO40
14-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Daughter with a small Cod

DNO40
14-06-2005, 04:10 AM
The smallest of the Jack

Lundy
14-06-2005, 11:10 AM
CQ

you should have stopped and said hello.
Unlucky with the Jacks, Did you see the couple we had in the tank?
A 24cm whitting was dropped into the tank and lasted less than a minute :o :o
A woman saw it get taken and was shocked.
Also some guy caught a 3.9kg grunter on a whitting hook. Massive capture that one.

Cheers
Steve

DNO40
14-06-2005, 02:14 PM
There were some magnificent fish caught over the weekend. I would like to know where those big Jacks came from ?

As for the whiting, what about the monster at 560gm or thereabouts.

All in all a good weekend.

Cloud_9
14-06-2005, 02:50 PM
the monster whiting you speak of is small beside the 710gr wieghted in at the mortern bay comp this weekend.
mate fished the comp up there and hooked a couple big chinaman fish the width of the back of the 18.6 seafairer.
but no prizes.
some pics would be good.
Cloud 9

Lundy
14-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I used to fish with wanderers light gear club and we never ever had anything like that
weighed in. That whitting was an absolute monster :o

BladeRunner
14-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Hallo
I put up a report in the report post
Tabs look for you on Sunday they said at the live tank you had gone fishing sorry I missed you Mate You too CQ
We will catch up soon . Good pics
Blade

Ps. Team Streaker won the pot Tony. T

harry_h01
15-06-2005, 05:03 AM
I was there.

Caught up with Big E, but didn't see the banner anywhere. I was looking for stickers on boats etc, but saw none around the ramp.

I only spotted Big E cause of the AusFish cap.

As to fish, we ran up short. A few Bream weighed in, and a small parrot was all we managed.

Harry

CQ_Fisher
15-06-2005, 07:10 AM
CQHORNET,
Sorry mate but it wasnt me that you were talking to the other night. I couldnt make it this year and was out of town all weekend.

Cheers
JD

DNO40
15-06-2005, 11:42 AM
JD,

you are right, I was talking to CQNOMAD....you are CQ_Nomad, .....Yes there are two of you!

seafox
15-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately the banner did not arrive in time :-[

Needmorerum
15-06-2005, 05:26 PM
JD,

you are right, I was talking to CQNOMAD....you are CQ_Nomad, .....Yes there are two of you!

Oh my god, that's all we need. He He He. Where's the other CQ from?

Must be almost time to get out for a fish hey JD. Fuel must be almost stale by now.

Corry

DNO40
16-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Another Gladstonite with a Stacer Nomad

CQ_Fisher
16-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing to have 2 of me. As a trial can the other CQNOMAD come to my house and mow my lawn, wash my cars and listen to my missus tell me in great detail all about her UNeventful day.

Corry,
I agree, definately time for a fish. Thats if theres anything left around after the hook-up. Ive gotta go to Rocky again this weekend for my old mans birthday but after that i'm free until the missus has our next baby (only 4 weeks to go)

JD

Needmorerum
16-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Sounds like we have to do something soon then. But I reckon your gunna want to get away sometime shortly after bubs arrived.
I've got to go and chase a golf ball for a work thing the following Saturday (25th), and I've got VMR on the Saturday morning, but Sunday (26th) next weekend should be good, so far. Probably end up having to take the missus with us as we won't have any kids over the holidays.
Maybe we can get some of the other CQ fisho's interested in a day out as well.

Talk to you later,
Corry

DNO40
17-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Come up with a plan and we'll see if it fits in.