PDA

View Full Version : Summer and Winter Choices

zedjack33
17-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi all
As the summer species start to slow and the winter blighters come on-board, I’m curious what each of you start and finish chasing.

I’ve gone from Jack and Barra to Grunter and Bass.

What’s your winter choice?
[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

agnes_jack
17-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Flathead on lures, Coral trout, snapper, tailor, and still trying for a decent size jew!
Instead of jacks, barra, spanish and coral trout ::)

Regards, Tony

Mick
17-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Creek wise, stop chasing Jacks, queenies, trevors and Barra. Start targetting Fingermark, Jew and Grunter (however, these creek species I mentioned for winter, I actualy chase off shore in deep water.
Ocean wise, stop targetting box jelly fish ;D and start targetting the Mackerel. Crays are usualy in more shallow water in Winter as well.

gunna
17-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Down here in NSW waters winter brings the trevally into the estuaries. Luderick numbers increase. Bream become harder to find but are bigger. Salmon increase in number. All the rat kings go away but some bigger ones move in. And theoretically hairtail come on the chew but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

devocean
17-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Stop targetting creek fish start chasing Mackeral. Have also got onto the squid at the moment on jigs as they come on in the colder months.

Jeremy
18-06-2005, 04:39 AM
just about time to stop targetting mackerel and switch to snapper. Actually, this winter I am hoping to put in some effort to catch a good jew. Had a good talk at a club meeting and some good chats with other club members who know what they are talking about. Last few winters I have worked the estuaries (Pin and Pumicestone), but this year I want to concentrate on offshore. Going out this Saturday evening for a crack. Come August, it will be time to target flathead on lures. Always alot fo fun.

Jeremy

DICER
18-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Summer Queensland - anything
Winter Queensland - definitely Jew
Winter South Australia - Tommy Ruffs/Salmon
Summer South Australia - Jew (Tommy Ruffs as bait)
Summer Holland - Meter long pikeperch or pike (my target right now)
Winter Holland - nothing zip nix!!!!