PDA

View Full Version : Marine Police in my local area

blaze
20-06-2005, 04:10 AM
I often read reports of Marine Police being hard to get to report breaches,
Well I had an interview yesterday in relation to a pro netting in a NO NETTING AREA and his excuse (or one of many) was that he didnt see the sign at the boat ramp (which he doesnt use) that showed the area very clearly, why was I interviewed, As an ANSA public officer I put them there and they wanted a statement.
Well after just talking and sharing fishing info and gps points (he is a fisho to) he left me with his business card with his home private number on the back. Now I was inpressed because you cant get much more accesable than that.
So what I am saying is maybe if you take the time to know these people they will become more accessable.
Will I ever ring him, I dont know but if I think it nessary I will.
Just thought I would share
cheers
blaze

Bearded_Clam
20-06-2005, 05:37 PM
what the?? ???

Pwoida
21-06-2005, 05:56 AM
So are you saying is that he's
1. an honest bloke who didn't realise that he was doing something wrong or
2. an honest bloke who knew he was doing something wrong or (which doesn't make sense)
3. a dodgy bloke who didn't realise that he was doing something wrong or
4. a dodgy bloke who new he was doing something wrong or (which makes perfect sense)
5. some other combination?

Jeremy
21-06-2005, 06:43 AM
I think Blaze is talking about a meeting with the marine police, not the netting pro.

Jeremy

Pwoida
21-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Ahhhhh, I see. :)

blaze
21-06-2005, 09:45 AM
All I am trying to point out is that if you build a rapall with your local marine coppers you may have more chance they will respond when asked. There has been a lot of comments on these boards to the affect of "whats the point in ringing as nothing gets done".
The pro that is in discussing has a reputation of being a mongrel as far as fishing rules go BUT he has put his life at risk and he has lost family members rescuing idiots that dont have an understanding of the sea.
cheers
blaze