PDA

View Full Version : Ooooh noooo...... MIGALOO!!!!!

jugs
20-06-2005, 09:04 PM
The poor Japanese are again in the bad press. After the earlier discussion on dolphins, I have just read in todays paper that they want to increase their whale culling to include the humpback whale. Seems Migaloo's days could be numbered, as they hunt him/her down to sell onto the "endangered species" black market. Anyone got any ideas of who to petition???
Did you read how they kill them? Harpoon with a grenade, blow their sides out, then sell the meat that wasnt damaged!!! BAD PLAN!!!
Yeah I know, going the emotional route because it is cute, but hey, I am a girl after all.............. ;) [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

el_carpo
21-06-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't think they'll harm a hair on his head with him being the celebrity that he is. The international outcry would be huge, I'd guess, and they know whale hunting is pretty much frowned upon by most everyone else. They won't hurt him for fear of the backlash. It would risk getting the whole of whale hunting banned. His kin on the other hand are in for it. >:( Don't worry about getting emotional about it either. You SHOULD get emotional about it in my opinion for whatever it's worth (I know, not a hill of beans ::)). Forget whale meat and eat some d@mn chocolate cake or "cheesey poofs" ya goofs!

...AND I'm not a greenie either.... AND I don't have anything against the Japanese people (I think their culture is kinda cool in a lot of ways.) I just don't like killing whales.... AND....there IS one more thing... as a fat, white guy (Latin: Honkieus Maximus), I worry I may get harpooned by mistake while taking a swim. ;D ;D ;D Yeah, it's true, some self-preservation comes into play here for us "husky" types! Am I right fellas? (c'mon, you know who you are) ;D ;D ;D

E.C. ---- Working for a harpoon-free swim for all of God's plus-sized creatures, because He just loves us more (there's more of us to love). ;)

Now where's that chocolate cake?

Pwoida
21-06-2005, 05:37 AM
The International Whaling Commision meets this week and the pro whale hunting nations seem like they'll have the majority which is mainly due to the japanese and norwegians openly bribing various countries for their vote. So it seems that soon it will be open slather again on the old whale.

Jack_Ass
21-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Wont be long before we see the Greenpeace zodiacs tearing around and people chaining themselves to Migaloo!
I hope :)

Hoges
21-06-2005, 08:59 AM
;D I have given up sun baking! Not because of the fear of skin cancer but due the fact everytime I did bloody Green Peace would roll me back into water. ::)

“Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?”

DR
21-06-2005, 04:13 PM
someone has to say it... [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devil.gif]

mmm Migaloo, the other white meat!

jugs
21-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Fortunately for me, I can sunbake! Green peace might roll me back into the water, but at least the Japanese couldnt sell my meat as a rare white endangered whale on the black market!!! ;D

jugs
21-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey another thing I have just heard, WHY are we refuelling the Japanese whaling boats in Freemantle at the moment?? Isnt that encouraging them to murder our whales?? Think about it........... several years ago,New Zealand told the whalers to take a flying leap- they werent gonna sell petrol to THEM so they could go on their merry way, murdering whales!! If we did the same thing, they would have to go to South Africa or South America to fill up, making it NOT a financially viable prospect to come back and hunt in our waters!!!
Therefore:
NO FUEL -> NO JAPENESE WHALERS= MORE WHALES!!!!

Big_unit
21-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I heard on the news tonight that the Japanese will just walk out of the conference on Whaling if they dont get their own way. I am stuffed if I know why they even attended it. Seems to me that Japs killing Whales is inevitable.

Cheers
James

Fishinmishin
21-06-2005, 09:48 PM
[smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=veryangry.gif] [smiley=behead.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=end.gif] [smiley=furious.gif] [smiley=hanged.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=stare.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]-get the point.

lordy
22-06-2005, 03:50 AM
Time to find out if the Collins Class subs actually work.

sominc
22-06-2005, 06:06 AM
maybe we should just start eating pandas

Mick
22-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree with what Peter Beatie has said. "We are living in the 21st century now... we don't kill whales any more". (Quote Peter Beatie)
Also, do you know how they are hunted? Its not just a harpoon, its a grenade tipped harpoon that explodes inside the whale and can take an agonising 30 minutes for the whale to finaly die. Thats not right in any nations language.

adds31
22-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Fairdinkum! With the technology the japs have got these days you would of thought they have worked out the ins and outs of a whale by now from so called scientific research. Maybe we should put a big billboard down at Surfers with migalloo on it saying "Welcome to Qld and the home of Migalloo." Maybe that might stop them raping our oceans. I doubt it.

landbasedtossa
22-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Votes are in ,
Whale loving countries - 29
Whale wannabe killers - 23
The japs will have to try it without the support of the majority of countries.