PDA

View Full Version : Squid berley

Snapper_King_SA
22-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Hay guys does any one know of any squid berleys? Theres a pro guy here in SA at our renowned squid erea marino rocks where this guy was throwing somthing out of his boat i wasn't close enough to see. Yet he was bring them in 20 to 1 with 3 boat 5 meters away from him. Any thought would be great.

NeilD
23-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I have them come up and hang around a burley pot but they may have just been chasing baitfish. I would be interested if you can prove if it works.

Neil

Leo_N.
23-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Have heard of people hanging fish carcasses out on a float. Sounds like shark attractant to me though.

Dug
23-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Anything that attracts small fish will attract squid.

from my limited experience you will catch pike etc first and then when everything goes quiet grab the squid jig.

Snapper_King_SA
23-06-2005, 03:04 PM
It difinatly works horse, my brother inlaw know this guy and has been out with him but not when he was using the burley, and my inlaw dosn,t get along with him any more else we would have parked right next to the other 3 boat and asked. It seemed to me it was a liquid solution with mashed up pilchard, but not sure. This guy does this for a living and his boat was black from all the ink. there were no fewer than 15 han was paboats in 100m radius and only this guy was catching 20 to one to the other two boat on his right side, he was in 10 mto 15 foot of water with the shore to his left. Some one must know who visit this well renown squid area. cheers