PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Net

beatle
21-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Was fishing down at the Tweed today and noticed a group of our overseas friends dropping a huge net from a small bridge on a canal off the river it looked like an oversized cast net. Cast nets are illegal in NSW but this net was enormous. I gave them a dressing down but they "no understand". I know I should have reported them but I didn't.

Scott15
21-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Beatle.
The old "no understand english" trick worked again.I was down on a jetty and i told a few overseas ppl off for keeping undersize fish. their comment "sorry sorry dont understand" soon as i walk away they start speking english. Report em if u see them doin it again.

Bearded_Clam
22-06-2005, 12:17 PM
hooor ry so rurried.. prenty fish. ::)

Mick
22-06-2005, 12:47 PM
lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

slugo
23-06-2005, 06:01 AM
The ''no understand english'' dosen't work in my books. it may not have been a net it was buckets and buckets of pippies off stocton beach. there were these asians 3 of them collecting buckets of pippies and I advised them it is against the law to do so. there reply was the fake smile a giggle and then proceed to walk away with the pippies. I advise them if they keep walking I will make a call to the DPI ;yep they started to walk so I kept my promise and called the local DPI and went fishing.
about 45 min later I seen the fisheries unload buckets of pippies on the beach and I found out later in the day why they took so long was they had to call the police as the asians were quiet upset and were abusive to the officers. The ''no understand english'' fake smiling asians had run out of giggles and were fined ;D ;D ;D

Big_unit
23-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Yep its not just Asians, have seen a couple of Greeks catch a pile ( around 15 or 20 ) of undersized Moses Perch and Bream here in Tin Can. Could not help myself, knocked their bucket clean off the pontoon into the water, just about caused a riot but being Mr.Cool & Calm I just said " Oh sh!t, sorry mate geez I didnt see it there. "

slugo
23-06-2005, 06:45 AM
good one Big-Unit ;D

Jeremy
23-06-2005, 07:55 AM
The ''no understand english'' dosen't work in my books. it may not have been a net it was buckets and buckets of pippies off stocton beach. there were these asians 3 of them collecting buckets of pippies and I advised them it is against the law to do so. there reply was the fake smile a giggle and then proceed to walk away with the pippies. I advise them if they keep walking I will make a call to the DPI ;yep they started to walk so I kept my promise and called the local DPI and went fishing.
about 45 min later I seen the fisheries unload buckets of pippies on the beach and I found out later in the day why they took so long was they had to call the police as the asians were quiet upset and were abusive to the officers. The ''no understand #english'' fake smiling asians had run out of giggles and were fined #;D ;D ;D

well done sluggo. You did something about it and it got results. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jeremy

snapattack
23-06-2005, 10:07 AM
A mate of mine got into an argument with one of the "no speak english" brigade on the sand pumping jetty one day. Ended up in a brawl with 4 "no speak english" brigade swimming back to the beach. Funniest thing I ever saw. One aussie versus 4 of the others. He just threw them and their gear off the jetty. 20mins later the police arrived and nobody saw nothing.

Daintreeboy
23-06-2005, 04:11 PM
A mate of mine got into an argument with one of the "no speak english" brigade on the sand pumping jetty one day. Ended up in a brawl with 4 "no speak english" brigade swimming back to the beach. Funniest thing I ever saw. One aussie versus 4 of the others. He just threw them and their gear off the jetty. 20mins later the police arrived and nobody saw nothing.

now that's funny ;D

SNAFU
24-06-2005, 12:16 PM
BLOODY BRILIANT.
SNAFU.

Burley_Boy
24-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Still friggin laughing ;D ;D ;D ;D Should post signs to that effect and see if it helps...
NOTE ILLEGAL FISHING MAY RESULT IN YOU AND YOUR GEAR BEING TURFED OVER THE RAILS!!! OPEN SEASON ON ILLEGAL FISHING ENCOURAGED. :-X

fishin4fun
25-06-2005, 08:27 AM
world champion asian throwing ,good sport that one :o ... not knowing the laws and limits is no excuse for pilfuring our childrens fishery,s

Big_unit
25-06-2005, 08:39 AM
world champion asian throwing ,good sport that one # :o ... #not knowing the laws and limits #is no excuse for pilfuring our childrens fishery,s

Go a bit steady, you will get us in the sh!t with posts like that. Still I do agree about our childrens future. Remember there are overseas visitors on this site. Nothing wrong with being patriotic but even I have to be diplomatic and I dont like it sometimes.

Cheers
James

agnes_jack
25-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Thirsty merc
Trouble is they do know the rules and they just laugh a us.
I've had some good arguments in my shop with a few, who when you tell them about size and bag limits, respond with comments like...."We only eat the little ones, much better." Or "lots of little fish, no problem"
They are not as dumb as they make out, they know our rules and choose to ignore them because it is so easy not to get caught.

Mongrels >:(

Regards, Tony

slugo
25-06-2005, 11:59 AM
That is 100% correct TONY. I have done tour work with asians and they do know what the rules are and they know everything what we say. just be careful if anyone calls them names who works in the tour industry as I know people that have been sacked after complants have been made and they will take there business elsewhere and they will advise other operators in the asian industry.
BUT with the rules with fishing reglations the is no ingorance with the law as phamplets are made up in different languages.

cheers