PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in retirement.

markpeta
25-06-2005, 03:45 AM
What do you guys think the fishing will be like in 30 years ?

Mark

rando
25-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Ask the bloke with the illegal net,
he must know something I dont!!!

Big_unit
25-06-2005, 06:16 AM
30 years ago people didnt believe that today would be what it is ... the cost of everything is rising and its getting harder to get anywhere.

Cheers
James

dasher
25-06-2005, 01:33 PM
30 years ago people didnt believe that today would be what it is ... the cost of everything is rising and its getting harder to get anywhere.

Cheers
James

James don't forget you could easily gather your own b4 going fishing 30 yrs ago. Not that bloody easy now. ::)

jimbo59
25-06-2005, 02:14 PM
30 years ago we went out with no gps,a paper sounder and caught heaps.Now we need a gps, top sounder just to get a feed.With side scanning sounders comming into there own and better more acurrate gear,more reliable outboards and boats that can go further offshore im sure it is going to go downhill.

Big_unit
25-06-2005, 03:30 PM
James don't forget you could easily gather your own b4 going fishing 30 yrs ago. Not that bloody easy now. ::)

Dasher,
Thats exactly what I meant, it will not be any easier in 30 years if we are allowed or able to fish.

Cheers
James

DaneCross
26-06-2005, 08:16 AM
None. The whole ocean will be a Green Zone - closed to all rec & pro fishers. All commercial seafood will be farmed from genetically engineered/cloned species. Fishing will be done in commercially operated, land-based 'super tanks' that you will pay $500/day to fish in and even then only the mackmaulers, dfoxs, and webbys of this world will be able to pull anything decent out of them and Ausfish will still be thriving because everyone will still be wanting to know how they do it ;D ;D ;D

Big_unit
26-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Gee I really hope your wrong DC.

Goodoochaser
26-06-2005, 09:42 AM
We will all be virtual fishing on the World Wide Fishing Net, Hosted by Robot Paxavarnus. sensery rods, electronic braid, surround sound waves and the nostalgic smell of two stroke puffed into the specially constucted 3d motion chamber. Dial in the degree of difficulty and species and away you go.
Ah I remember the good old days when a fish could get his own back but you had the last say, the trickle of blood from being spiked and the release of a few choice words S#*! Bu^#er to show the critter who was boss.
I'm investing in some casting plugs to flick from my wheel chair in the back yard, sometimes the Kookaburra plays the game and hangs on to the plug and put up a good fight.

Howard.

jimbo59
26-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Goodoochaser,lol :D[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

PinHead
27-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Cheers
James

30 years ago the cost of everything was rising also..and the same degree of difficulty was involved in getting anywhere.

Charlie
27-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Thirty years ago we had no stocked bass,golden perch or murray cod etc so you could say the fishing improved,maybe we could see stocked yellowfin tuna,snapper,kingies,jew,bream etc lets hope the fishings better in thirty years from now.
Regards Charlie

GES
27-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Fishing in retirement ?? I think it's wonderful... I fish only midweek and leave the weekends for the workers and the nuisance boaties... not many other boats to bother me when I'm out there ... catch more because I don't have to worry about traffic noise... I can pick my weather, times, tides to suit myself. Yes, my retirement fishing is great thank you. ;D

GES