PDA

View Full Version : Drought Broken

squidgiepalmer
01-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Well it is really raining cats and dogs down here in Northern NSW 97mm yesterday 197 last night and 30mm now from 9am that is Evans record but i think is wrong we have had more,k Lismore is being evacuated Byron Bay closed Evans is just about cut off bloody hell please send it out west Huie we don't need any more bloody fish will be hard for a few days but blackfish love dirty water use yabbies as bait in any deep hole near mouth of river 1\0 hook
cheers a very wet Squidgie

rando
01-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Looks like it missed most of the catchments except the goldcoast
Bugger

once_bitten
01-07-2005, 11:09 AM
its been raining on and off here in the illawarra for a few days but the last 24 hrs its been pouring and its expected to last 1 or 2 more days currently we are on level 3 water restrictions but this wont change unless the dam levels rise. we can only prey they get this amount of rain out west as well but not to much to fast they dont need to be flooded out as well as having to survive the drought for so long

JT
01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Just caught the news, out my way at Oxenford we had 290mm. In closer to Surfers they had around 600mm at Carrara and around 450mm at the Seaway. Hinze dam has risen 2 metres in the last 24 hours which is around 12%, they think it'll be upto around 90% over the next couple of days which is good news.
Just thankful we had no damage at home, really feel for all those that did though.

John

Burley_Boy
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Had a bin out the front of my factory and it copped 600mm.... had pillies in the toilet this morning I think,,,,, hell of a way to get your baitfish.
cheers
BB
Gold coast.