PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island Fishing Expo - Does it have a future

Derek Bullock
01-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Public pressure from conservationists may force Toyota to withdraw its sponsorship.

Check out page 7 of this http://www.fido.org.au/moonbi/moonbi110/Moonbi%20110.pdf

Cheers

Derek

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
01-07-2005, 05:51 PM
If it is true that non-Toyota owners are charged a higher entry fee to the competition than their Toyota owning counterparts, >:(, and if it is true that a non-Toyota owner cannot win the Toyota prize, >:(, then I feel that a new sponsor would be most welcome. Fishing is fishing, and fisherperson's should not ever be discriminated against by the type of vehicle they own or don't own.
Conservationists would obviously have other reasons. Perhaps it is time the whole Fraser Is competition deal was looked at in a more fair and reasonable light. :) Don't get me wrong here, I love fishing competitions, for both the eompetitiveness and the comraderie. :D

Dave

Dave

kc
02-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Interesting read....also to see that the State Labor conference passed an urgency motion calling for 34% green zones in GSS rather than the proposed 4%..and then quoted the example of the GBRMPA zoning "success".hmmm!

After Fraser comes Morten Bay

KC

TonyM
02-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Ouch Kevin, I hadn't heard ! :o

I guess it doesn't really surprise me, the greens have had their proverbial "inch" guess they're going the whole mile now :-[