PDA

View Full Version : Nerang tomorrow ?

Dodgy_Back
01-07-2005, 11:53 AM
With fridays being my regular Nerang fishing day, and with all this rain , should I still go or will it be a terrible day around the canals with debri and stuff
Mick

gunna
01-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Maybe round the mouth might be ok. Have to think there would be too much fresh anywhere else ??

simon_vaughan
01-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Dodgy Back, I was thinking of going for a fish tomorrow as well around the Pimpama and maybe the canals of soveriegn Is, was wondering the same thing??? Any thoughts???Is there too much fresh in the system?

finding_time
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Dodgy back
It would be a good time to target a few squire,jewies and flatties in and around the river mouth tomorrow morning

Dodgy_Back
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Simon I was thinking of Soveriegn as well but I think finding time might just have a better idea!
Thanks Fellas
Mick

simon_vaughan
01-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Dodgy Back, probably play it safe tomorrow and go out to the Southern Bay (Macleay and Coochie) but will be interested to see how you go tomorrow. Would you be able to write a post on how you go tomorrow and the conditions of the creeks??? Might head down there Saturday and Sunday, need a few spots for the comp coming up in July.

gogecko
02-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Yes, Id also like to hear how you went. I was gunna fish the Coomera south arm and Soveriegn Is this weekend.
Is there too much debris in the water?

Dodgy_Back
02-07-2005, 10:33 AM
OK here my report.
Launched at sundale bridge I reckon I could smell the mud in the water it was that dirty, went to Soveriegn for 45 minutes before I realised I was waisting my time, just too dirty.
Drove back to Bris and decided to fish the Brissy riv as it was a lot cleaner than the Broadwater, went to all my regular spot ,no hits at all!!!!! Nothing ,and even managed to get the Water Police to tell me that I was fishing too close to an unsigned wharf, I didnt think that was a problem. I thought it was the signed wharfs you had to keep 30m away from.
All in all it was one sad day.
And no secret spots for the comp as Iwill keep those to myself for now.
Cheers Mick

Dodgy_Back
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh and also , as shown to me years ago by an old fisho ,I tasted the water in the bris too see how salty it was and not very. OK MUST GO AND GET A TYPHOID INJECTION NOW.
MICK

finding_time
02-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I think you might have to change your name to dodgy stomach ;D

I would have though you would have gone ok! where were you fishing in the river? Plastics or bait?

Dodgy_Back
02-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Plastics
Mick

flickflack
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I am suprised you didnt catch a few yellowbellies and bass

simon_vaughan
02-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks dodgy back, I ended up going out to the bay and got a few squire. I will give up going down the coast tomorrow and maybe go to the bay again. I also wanted to find some spots for the ABT comp coming up. Oh well maybe next weekend, before the fishing closure for the comp starts. Thanks for the report again. It will be interesting to see how the fresh plays with the weights and where the bream will be found. Cheers.