PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Beach Fishing Classic 2005.

SURF_SNIPER
15-06-2005, 12:19 PM
hi guys/girls wondering if any other Aus fish members will be heading to the Rainbow fishing classic next month. ill be there with bells on ready to do some serious fishin, and will also be handiling the weigh inn on some of the evenings. ;D

the comp is starting to get even bigger and better, this years sponsors are VB, bunderberg Rum, channel 7, Mitsubishi, cougar bourban, qld fishing monthly and plenty others.

major draw including $8000 first, $6000 second, $4000 third.

catergorys iclude.....

BEACH
whiting
bream/ tarwhine
tailor
dart ( swallow tail)
flathead

REEF
red emperor
snapper
parrot/ tusk
pearl pearch
red throat/ grassy sweetlip

and the seperate Jew fish ctergory.

heaviest of each species for the week in each catergory wins $400 cash, second gets $200.. also theres a bonus $1000 random specieces draw meaning ,, if you catch the heaviest bream for the week and they randomly draw bream as the bonus fish you win the $1000, whoever was second gets $400 and the third place gets bumped upto second and gets $200 bucks.

genral heaviest daily prizes include, fishing rods, fishing reels ,fishing gear, evakool eskies, tropical eskies VB eskies, drizas bones, accomidations, holidays, Vb swags, quality electrical appliances etc.

mitsubishi are providing the stages and tents for this year once again.

there is a ladies day, kids day and vetrens day as well

So anyone want to go?

Drew

stevo
15-06-2005, 12:34 PM
How you going , have you any information on this comp, or where can I find it. The dates and cost would be great. Thanks ;) ;)

Stevo

SURF_SNIPER
15-06-2005, 12:55 PM
stevo, entry into the comp cost $60 + $15 bucks if your not a member of the rainbow beach sports and rec club( you need to be a member for insurance purposes )

if you enter before 19th of this month you go in the chance to win three seperate 100 buck notes.

offical sign in and opening is on the sunday 24th july and fishing can begin at midnight of that night. weigh inns will be held in the park area daily at the rainbow beach bowls club between 4pm and 6pm, daily prizes will follow the weigh inn. last weigh in is on saturday 30th july.

approx number of people is around the 400 mark but its getting bigger each year.

you can contact the sports and rec club at rainbow beach on.... (07) 54863191

Drew :)

Derek Bullock
15-06-2005, 03:10 PM
This site will give you some good info on Rainbow Beach and surrounding areas.

http://www.rainbowbeach.info/

Derek

Big_unit
15-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Sounds good to me. How much to become a member of sport and rec club ?

Cheers
James

Reefmaster
15-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Can't wait
looks like i have finally got my butt into gear and will enter for the first time.
Bring it on :D

Cheers Greg

dfox
15-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Im still a possibility at this stage, just have to see how busy work is at the time...

SeaSaw
15-06-2005, 06:16 PM
hmmm, good timing. If things go to plan, I should be on holidays for the last 2 weeks of July. ;D Need a deckie Greg or Dave ;) :)

Mark

SURF_SNIPER
16-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Greg, Dave normaly some pretty fierce competion in the reef catergorys, a few of the local boaties up there pull some monster reds perlies and snapper during the comps so it should be a good show. ;D

SURF_SNIPER
16-06-2005, 04:26 AM
some idea of quality

SURF_SNIPER
16-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Big unit... $15 bucks to become member of sports and rec club for 12 months

MICHAELG
16-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong(i remember reading on hear I think?), but pro fisherman may enter and fish under their licence and be eligible for the prizes?
Or did I hear last year they were going to change that rule must fish as a ameteur.
I have never fished it just interested thats all
Michael

SURF_SNIPER
16-06-2005, 12:02 PM
michale, pro fisherman and there boats can enter and must fish like amatures and abide by the same rulesand regulations. all reef fish have there pectral fins cut off at weigh in so no one ( pro's )can sell there catch after the comp.

Reefmaster
16-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Surf Snipper
Never go to win but just to have some fun and try our best. Its a tough comp with blokes like Ed falconer, Tony stewart and Ivan Jansen all having a good crack at it. Craig Tomkinson looks like at this stage may also enter which is another to look out for. Anyway all i hope for is good weather.

I think it would have also been a good idea to include Nannygai into the species. Maybe they will do in the future.

Cheers Greg

dazza
16-06-2005, 01:20 PM
hi all,
we will be there, have only missed one since its inaugeration. took the boat up on the weekend and had a bit of a pre fish ;D ;D.
hopefully get a couple more trips in before the comp. will be leaving the red country alone, nothing worse than nailing a whopper a week before the comp ::) ::) there was tons of bait around.
greg
good idea on the nanagai, they are pretty prolific off of di

it is a great comp, look forward every year to catching up on old mates and trying to give the local offshore boys a bit of a hurry up
whooo, bring it on
cheers
dazza

SURF_SNIPER
16-06-2005, 01:29 PM
yep, ya right greg bring on the good weather. both ed and ivan had a good little pre comp fishing trip last weekend gone, ivan had a LOAD OF BIG SNAPPER, and ed some bi perlies. it took ivan and mick sims about 30minutes just to weigh in all there fish in at the club comp.

im starting to get gear ready ( rigs and stuff) made up already.......... ;D

Big_unit
21-06-2005, 07:35 PM
So who else is going ? So far its; Surf Sniper, Dazza, Reef Master, Sea Saw, Big unit,

Be good to meet a few more Ausfishers over there. Will be a ripper of a fishing event.

Cheers
James

SURF_SNIPER
22-06-2005, 12:13 PM
got a club comp up there on the 9th of july, another little practise run before the big event;D

might target some whiting this time....... or tailor....... or bream....... [smiley=devilish.gif] oh... decisions deciscions

Big_unit
22-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Surf Sniper,
Do you know any good local Jew spots ?

Cheers
James

SURF_SNIPER
23-06-2005, 01:47 PM
james, a few mates have caught a few recentley on the northen end of the beach near the cherry venture and chris ( another mate ) got a 30 pounder in a big suck out near the fresh water track a week or so ago fishing for tailor. dont know where to get'em offshore but i know a couple of fellas who have got gps marks of jewie spots ( doubt they would give them away though )

Thinking of chasing the jewie catergory hey ;) ;) ;)

Drew

Big_unit
23-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Thats a start. Just would like to have a crack at beach fishing for them.

Cheers
James

Big_unit
24-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Went around DI and Cherry Venture today, didnt catch a Jew but got 8 Tailor. An old guy caught a monster Cod on the rocks at the lighthouse this arvo would have been about 20-25 kg, needless to say I also fished the rocks for a while. The weed is terrible around DI, very stinky.

Cheers
James

SURF_SNIPER
03-07-2005, 11:55 AM
ONLY THREE WEEKS TO GO [smiley=laola.gif]

so any one else who could be going?

we've got..... myself, big unit, dazza, reef master and sew saw.

com'on guy's and gal's it's only 1.5 Hours drive to tewantin then ya straight up the beach to rainbow or 2.5 hours if ya go through gympie or 3 hours if ya take the secnic rainforest route through the forestry........ great week of fishin and fun to be had!

Drew..

Albatross
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Can anybody tell me if their is a web site that lists all of the trailer boat fishing comps up and down the East Coast.... ???