PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat in cobby cobby

MEGA'bite
04-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Hi all does anyone know anything about the half sunken h/b in cobby cobby passage near jumpinpin

CHRIS_aka_GWH
04-07-2005, 08:07 AM
the prop eater has moved to bigger game ;D

Big_Muddie
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
My understanding is that it was used in a movie produced on the Goldcoast (Shark Bay or something like that). I have no idea who owns it.

It did have someone living in it for a while - then it started to list badly. I haven't seen any sign of life there for ages now.

MulletGuts
04-07-2005, 04:51 PM
As you say, it's half sunken. Still mostly out of water, so it not in a channel or any significant water. Wouldn't think it would be acting as a reef or anything.

flattymattyb
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi Flattyfinder,

Don't know about it being in a movie but it was in jewel creek for a few years before that he spent years playing the game of anchoring in one part of the creek until he was told to move so he'd move a couple of hundred meters and wait until he was told to move again, and so on and so on went up there one morning and gone off to cobby and it only lasted a couple of months and she went down.

Cheers
Matty

kevin
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
That houseboat was abandoned be the owners a year ago,the family that owned it use to tow it around to where they wanted to go. When one of the pontoons sprung a leak there was another fellow looking after it at the time.They had plans to re-float it with drums and salvage it but it all seemed to hard for them.They camped on some of the close islands for about 3 months then disappeared back to the mainland.
Hope this solves the mystery
Kevin ;)