PDA

View Full Version : Lake Macquarie

david203
26-06-2005, 03:55 PM
New member as of today.
Any Lake Macquarie based boaties/fishos out there?
Just bought my first boat and looking forward to time on the lake!!
Cheers
David

slugo
26-06-2005, 04:39 PM
port stephens..... the fish are bigger up here ;D ;D ;D
and welcome David

cheers
LEN

ba229
26-06-2005, 05:11 PM
yep I am lake mac based. And Newie Harbour for that matter.

What size is the boat? If it is BIG we could be best of friends ;D ;D ;D

david203
29-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Haines 4.8 mtr.
Any tips for good fishing spots on the lake?
David

slugo
30-06-2005, 08:29 AM
with a boat like that we too can be friends. I can show you some good spots up the bay ;D

cheers
LEN

Jethro
30-06-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm a Central Coast boy but fish Lake Macquarie and Newy Harbour a bit.

If you see a purple bream boat come over and say G'day

ba229
30-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok tips for the lake.

Look for birds working the surface from the drop off (end of channel) to Pulbar island. If you see them get the chrome out for the Tailor. Some good sized ones about time to time.

Other than that plenty fish the drop over for not much. Try drifting for snapper, bream and flatties.

Sand flats for whiting and in the small channels try for bream. Swan bay can be a good place for whiting on worms.

Try around moorings with SP's for bream

Lucy's breakwall is the one on the south side of the channel as you are just about to exit to the ocean. Fish next to the breakwall on the ocean side for squid.

Top end of belmont bay is Cardiff point. Plenty of the tackle store guys fish around there on SP's for good snapper. There is a bit of a ridge that runs through there to the other side of the lake.

Blue swimmer crabs in plenty of locations when it is warmer than now and i have heard of Muddies if you know where to look.

Outside in moon island. Fish ocean side for kingies and a few others.

The lake is bouncing back after years of pro abuse but it still needs 3 or 4 more years to be a great fishery. It also lacks structure which doesn't help. Most of it is a dead flat 30ft deep but if you can find the little pinicles you will find fish.

A couple of man made structures wouldn't hurt either, and the fisheries dept is talking about just that at the moment.

Where do you live and what time are you picking me up? ;D

david203
09-07-2005, 04:48 AM
I'm a Central Coast boy but fish Lake Macquarie and Newy Harbour a bit.

If you see a purple bream boat come over and say G'day

I'll look out for you Jethro!

david203
09-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Ok tips for the lake.

Look for birds working the surface from the drop off (end of channel) to Pulbar island. If you see them get the chrome out for the Tailor. Some good sized ones about time to time.

Other than that plenty fish the drop over for not much. Try drifting for snapper, bream and flatties.

Sand flats for whiting and in the small channels try for bream. Swan bay can be a good place for whiting on worms.

Try around moorings with SP's for bream

Lucy's breakwall is the one on the south side of the channel as you are just about to exit to the ocean. Fish next to the breakwall on the ocean side for squid.

Top end of belmont bay is Cardiff point. Plenty of the tackle store guys fish around there on SP's for good snapper. There is a bit of a ridge that runs through there to the other side of the lake.

Blue swimmer crabs in plenty of locations when it is warmer than now and i have heard of Muddies if you know where to look.

Outside in moon island. Fish ocean side for kingies and a few others.

The lake is bouncing back after years of pro abuse but it still needs 3 or 4 more years to be a great fishery. It also lacks structure which doesn't help. Most of it is a dead flat 30ft deep but if you can find the little pinicles you will find fish.

A couple of man made structures wouldn't hurt either, and the fisheries dept is talking about just that at the moment.

Where do you live and what time are you picking me up? ;D

Many thanks! Plenty to go on with there - what boat do you get about the lake in??
David