PDA

View Full Version : Joining Ausfish Website

theoldlegend
02-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Since I've joined this website, I look forward each day to reading the different articles and their replies. Wife reckons I've become addicted!!
Being a passionate (but not very succesful) fisherman, I've always been embarrassed to ask questions in tackle shops as some of them can really put you down. "You wanna do WHAT??"
A lot of my questions have been answered simply by reading about what others put in. Some of the replies are from Platinum, Gold & Silver members, so I sit up and take notice. Doesn't seem to improve my catch rate though.
Best thing I've ever done.

Touchy - R.I.P.
02-07-2005, 02:18 AM
G'day G'Day, Where are you fishing, what are you trying to catch, Bait?Frangers?,boat or landbased? Touchy.><>.

theoldlegend
02-07-2005, 02:39 AM
G'day Touchy,

We're land based and go to Iluka about 3 to 4 times a year for a week at a time. Main targets are bream & tailor. Rock walls and headlands. IQF pillies, yabbies and beach worms.

I don't catch much, but hey, who cares. gets frustrating at times. Went to Iluka on 13 June for a week. One morning on the wall, my mate was catching reasonable bream and I was about 30 feet away using same line, same hooks, same lead and same bait (yabbies) and not a touch. Go figure.

blaze
02-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Hi legend
thats why they call it fishing, just watch ya mate real carefully. Not something on ya hands (nice smelly soap, sunsceen)
cheers
blaze

gunna
02-07-2005, 06:30 AM
A know a few serious land based guys down here who go to Iluka for their kicks. Have seen some awesome photos of tuna caught off the wall.

saphire
04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Legend,
I like to come here and ask questions as well. Its great to see what other people ask as well.
I have learnt some great things from coming here to read about what is happening and whats available.
cheers saphire [smiley=balloon3.gif]

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
05-07-2005, 04:20 PM
G'day Legend! I have learnt a lot from reading what others are prepared to contribute. :) And sometimes, just sometimes, we might have something ot offer. ;) Don't take too much notice of the level of some contributors. It seems to me that it is based on the amount of postings people put up, and truly some of them do like to rave on. ::)There is much to learn here, and it fosters a wonderful of sense of communicating with like minded people. Hope I get to meet you one day. :D

Cheers

Dave

jeffo
05-07-2005, 04:44 PM
howdy legend!! good to hear there are others around who enjoy reading about fishing day in day out ;D i too have learnt stacks from this site and made a few mates along the way.

Dreamfish
06-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Have learnt an amazing amount from this site already. Its a credit to everyone that contributes.

ba229
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I haven't learnt a thing and haven't made any friends # ::);D

Quine
07-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Good on ya legand, im a new member but have been watching the site for a couple of years, have just bought a computer, First thing i did was join, going to buy a digital camera and startposting reports on a regular basis(if i catch any)
This site lets you enjoy fishing when you dont get out as much as you would like
It is a credit to all who contribute
Stephen

Stu
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah Legend,
This is a pretty good forum to get in touch with the fishing and boating fraternity.
Cheers
Stu

theoldlegend
08-07-2005, 12:36 PM
The other thing I like about this site are the very witty and funny comments.

mal-laurie
09-07-2005, 05:59 AM
check your tackle box its probably got a banana in it if your not getting any fish.
cheers mal