PDA

View Full Version : River to Mud Challenge (M & G)

webby
19-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Try Again

Derek Bullock
19-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Webby, reproduced it cause not everyone will be able to read a .doc

Derek

RIVER TO MUD CHALLENGE M&G

* Sat 9Jul 1.30pm to 10.30pm (Whyte Is Ramp)
* Plastics v’s Bait
* Ausfish Members Only (member since 1May 2005)
* Both the River & Mud offer good Bream Areas (Day & Night)
* Protected Zones to be Adhered To
* Land & Sea Options
* Low 1652pm H 2330pm (new moon 6Jul)
* If Inclement Weather the River will still offer options.
* One Fish per person Eligible (Bream & Other Species)
* Those wanting to fish thru the night past 10.30pm around Mud and not return, must provide a Photo of Fish (weight-time-length).
* All turning up on the Day will go in a Draw for a Donated Gift.
* Weight In 6pm-11pm with a BBQ (Bring own drinks).
## Best Bream (live will override dead). AUSFISH PACK
## Second Best. BUSH 'N BEACH PACK
## Best Plastic (Other then above two). AGNES WATER BAIT & TACKLE
## Best Bait (Other then above two). Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder
## Best Land or Under 16 (Bream or Other Species). AGNES WATER BAIT & TACKLE
## Best Other Species. Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder
## Lucky Draw. Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder

Lucky_Phill
19-05-2005, 05:25 PM
sounds like a challenge to me !

Bream hey !

I reckon I could put my hat in the ring for this one.

Phill ( user of secret bream bait that blasts SP's out of the water )

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Phil,Since when did gelinite become "bait"?? :-X :P,secert bait eh!, cluck cluck, you would have to be all HEART to use this bait :-X ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy.><>.

snapattack
20-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Count me in. Looking forward to meeting a few fellow Ausfishers.

SCOTTYGC
20-05-2005, 05:38 AM
anyone have a spare seat in a boat?

bait or plastics

scotty

NeMo84
20-05-2005, 05:38 AM
sounds good to me, i'll be there armed with my sic stik, would also like to meet some fellow ausfishers too. Will be landbased but thats no problem, good idea Webby ;)

Jeremy
20-05-2005, 06:21 AM
I am interested. Should be there. Might have a 'seat' in the boat. Will be using lures only. Plenty of time yet to sort things out.

Jeremy

mulletgut
20-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Phil, what's your secret bait, I won't tell anyone. lol
Yep, I'll be there.
mulletgut

beefaman
20-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me. Should be a good time, thats for sure!!!

searaider
20-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Webby ,
Top idea count me in .

Just a sugestion ,
but how about recommending a single designated 27meg radio channel for everone at the the M&G to use ???

Peter
Searaider 2

Billo
21-05-2005, 07:30 AM
I am a potential starter .Very keen , just got to plan out our open house inspeciton for the day to let me get out there ..

If i can get in , i will have a spare spot on my boat for any angler without a ride .

Jeremy
21-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Webby ,
Top idea count me in .

Just a sugestion ,
but how about recommending a single designated 27meg radio channel for everone at the the M&G to use #???

Peter
Searaider 2

Good idea Peter, and same goes for those with VHF.

Jeremy

snapattack
21-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Excellent idea with the radio. Caught two horse bream in the river on Monday afternoon land based near th mouth on the Northern side. I could see a few 4wds almost right out at the mouth. Can anyone tell me how to get all the way out there in a vehicle?

finding_time
21-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I hope you reported them to harbour security snapattack they could have been terrorists!Were they in a no go zone?

ken4159
21-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Be in it Webby it should be a good get togeather, fish or no fish
Ken

SURF_SNIPER
22-05-2005, 01:38 PM
snapperattack, i think your talking about the area near the swerage outlet, if so these car got there by travelling to mrytle town and then turning off onto a dirt road that goes to the pickup zone for the sailors berthing at the fuel dock there. you can keep following this dirt track right up to the crap pipe line at the mouth. dont try it after rain unless in a 4wd as you soon be stuck in the mud!

Drew

NeMo84
23-05-2005, 01:16 PM
hey billo i'll take that seat if your not giving it to someone else :)

Fishin_Dan
24-05-2005, 05:13 AM
I'm in! :D Top idea Webby!!! Hopefully will have the boat recon'd by then. If so, will have a spare seat. Otherwise, land based it is....

stevo
24-05-2005, 12:19 PM
It sounds like a great idea and i will be in if I'm free that weekend, will know as the date gets closer. :) ???

Stevo

Touchy - R.I.P.
26-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Spiderman,I have just sent you a pm. Touchy.><>.

BigE
26-05-2005, 02:07 PM
have to check the roster ............. but it sounds like a goer to me ... onya brian

webby
28-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I notice a couple of Boatless coming, so what about some of you Boatables offering a lift.
Mines Full as were only fishing casual.
Bit of a map below that mite help those not sure of the area.

Dylan_Rylatt
28-05-2005, 04:54 PM
would love a trip out but i dont finish work till 4:30 pm on the weekends. So if anyone has a spare seat would love to share full and bait cost's. pm me if yah got a space

Thx everyone

Dylan

joeT
28-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm relatively new to the forum, but I love to join in and meet some ausfishers :D

I have a 4.1 brooker and I'd be happy to take 2 other participants who are boatless. I think I'll be fishing plastics only and I'd be fishing only around the river (unless the weather is exceptional).

Anyone interested send me a pm.

Lucky_Phill
29-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Jeez Brian, I hope you really don't mean what is printed at the bottom RHS of the map. ' hindsight '.

I was hoping for some ' insight ' into the area ! ::) ;D

All sounding good, so pm each other about getting a lift/ deckies spot etc. make aure you're organized prioir to going.

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
29-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Have made some changes to map Brian, for those looking for bream.

hope you'all can follow

Phill

PinHead
29-05-2005, 07:44 AM
New permissible boundaries for some

CHRIS_aka_GWH
29-05-2005, 06:49 PM
on what side of Mud is the surf webby so the real men can have a fish ? ::)

Kendall
30-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I have worked out I will be home for this and would like to take part. One question though. It stated Ausfish members only, but could I bring my two teenage sons along as fishing partners even if they arent part of the comp?
Kendall

webby
30-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Sure thing mate, never knock the kids back, they could be better then some of the adults. :-X

Chris what sort of surf do you want, will depend on how good your casting abilities are ;D

Anyway its not really a comp, more a Challenge to see which can produce the goods, and we just happend to have some people offer prizes, which are greatfully accepted.

We also have another prize offered by Jay Fishinmissin to his restrauant Montezumas Mt Gravatt, which will be work out soon, Thanks Jay.
regards

Cheech
30-05-2005, 04:06 PM
You can probably put me and Matt ("Commodore" from Manly. No not "The Commodore" vicky point) down as well. Would be good for a meet and greet with those I already know, and those I have not had the pleasure yet.

Matt, we better get out there soon for a Bream run to get into practice. May be a good idea to find a new secret spot as well because I think we may need a ticket to access the other secret spots.

Cheech

Commodore
01-06-2005, 06:54 AM
i'm with ya Cheech, ready when you are....should be some fun.
Will have to test out the new bait ;)
Matt

longtail
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
i only joined ausfish the other day , am i eligable to enter ??? if yes i'll be there with my secret bait [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheech
01-06-2005, 04:34 PM
If you are a member, you are eligible. See you there on the night.

madman1
02-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Is there a cost?

Touchy - R.I.P.
02-06-2005, 08:22 AM
YES THERE IS A COST!!, 4 Bots of green death :-X. Touchy.><>.

Jeremy
02-06-2005, 09:07 AM
I hope to be there and will be able to offer a ride to someone if I can make it. 9th of July is still too far away for me to make any definite plans. Will be lures only for me. I'll keep an eye on the thread and post again nearer the date.

Jeremy

SNAFU
03-06-2005, 05:20 AM
sounds good to me,would like to meet some other ausfishers.sounds like a big evening.is BBQ at ramp park area.
SNAFU.

SCOTTYGC
03-06-2005, 09:12 AM
i am unfortunatly going to have to pull out ( something i should have done 9 months ago) :-X
as we are expecting number 3 deckie that weekend

have fun
scotty

Touchy - R.I.P.
04-06-2005, 02:44 AM
Scotty, The bbq wont be the same without you mate(the fish would still of been safe tho' :P ;D),Crickey mate these women will go to great lenghts to stop a bloke going fishing wont they :'( :o, Cheers to you & the minister for war & finance & I wish you both all the very best & await word on the addition. Touchy

Fishinmishin
04-06-2005, 04:59 AM
If all goes well and I've got my new rig :-/, I'll be in for sure [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Look out breamys [smiley=uhoh.gif]. Don't know what I'll be using, but probably bait as I don't think I've ever tried or caught a bream on artificial :-[. I should have a spot or two on the boat and am willing to convert the boat to artificials if majority rules, but book my spots as last resort as they could fall through. I've attached my highly recommended bream spots I recommend everyone fishes if I fish the day ;D ::).
Cheers, Jay
PS- Thanks Brian, the bold font is greatly appriciated [smiley=thumbsup.gif], but now Big-Unit knows where to find me, and his Nanna when she's not home[smiley=thumbsdown.gif] ;D ;D .

Big_unit
04-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Jay I am coming to get you. ( Sinister laugh and shotgun being loaded in background.)

Nanna says her Poodle is better endowed than you.

Cheers
James.

Touchy - R.I.P.
04-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Jay, Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 3 of those "spots" (in red) in the middle of land 8) :-X, or did you just throw 'em in to confuse :-/ ;D.Touchy.><>.

PinHead
04-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Touchy, didn't you know that is why fishing for Jay is a mission...an overland mission to hwere he thinks the fish might be.

Fishinmishin
04-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Seems Rob's pic (below and in fav. pic. post) gives away the fact that he has stumbled upon one of my hot spots. Just don't give anymore away Rob to ensure the suckers fish the Mud shallows and river structures while I go off in my red hot spots ;D ::).
Cheers, Jay

ON-THE-CHEW
04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I will be keen, will be land based fishing hopefully giving you guys with boats a run for your money.

sharkbait
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I'll be fishing mud island with bait if i can get out there. Having a test run tonight / tommorrow morning :) will post results...

roz
04-06-2005, 06:52 PM
I would like travel up and fish this, but I don't know the area at all.

Roz

mackmauler
04-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Roz,

I shouldnt let the secret out but lucky phill plans to stink any competition out, follow your nose and it will lead right to him.

no chickens were harmed in the making of the mud island fishn comp.

PROMISE :-X

bungie
04-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Going by his map, Fishinmishin' new boat is going to be four wheel drive ::) :-X

longtail
05-06-2005, 04:45 PM
heading down the brisbane river t/morrow (sun) after lunch , sort out my spots ;) maybe hang some no parking signs [smiley=stop.gif] ;D ;D

webby
06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Roz im sure if you turned up, some of these derelicks would show you around or let you tag along. Pretty hard to get lost out there.
regards

Jason173
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Count me in. Probably fish bait and plastics if the rules allow it ;D It's still a fair way off though so I'll post later on if I have room on my rig for other ausfishers

Cheers,
Jason

roz
09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanx Webby,
I am tossing around whether or not to tow my boat up, if I do I would need a deckie who knows the place. If I just turn up without a boat, are there plenty of land based spots to fish? (without giving too much away). I am open to suggestions (reasonable ones).

roz

roz

joeT
09-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Plenty of land based spots around, even the rocks around the ramp aren't too bad. Plus there seems to be plenty of spots on boats too. No one has contacted me, so looks like I might be fishing alone. Or I might just ditch the boat and hitch a ride with someone...

webby
09-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Need a favour off someone who knows the area, one of the blokes who has thrown in some prizes Trevor Mayhew, wants to have a fish also, but seeing as my rig is full, need someone to offer him a spot, think he's a plastics man.
Plus it seems a few others also, so if your going solo or have room for one, you could end up with a good looker or a ugly duck, but who cares, so hands up those that can offer a ride.
Never no you both might learn something from each other ;D
regards

Jeremy
10-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Webby,

you know my rig - can take up to 4 ;D, but I'll be happy to take 2 crew for the afternoon flicking plastics. Don't know my way around the area real well but I'm learning and I have a GPS to store any marks thrown my way ;D ;D.

You wanna organise crew for me, or should I put it out to PM?

You missed a great talk by Bob Kozien on Moreton Bay jew last night. I should have sent you a reminder.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Volvo
10-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Without having read all the thread :-[, whats the chances of someone tellin me where this even is??... :-[
Cheers

Derek Bullock
10-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Here ya go Volvo.

Derek

RIVER TO MUD CHALLENGE M&G

* Sat 9Jul 1.30pm to 10.30pm (Whyte Is Ramp)
* Plastics v’s Bait
* Ausfish Members Only (member since 1May 2005)
* Both the River & Mud offer good Bream Areas (Day & Night)
* Protected Zones to be Adhered To
* Land & Sea Options
* Low 1652pm H 2330pm (new moon 6Jul)
* If Inclement Weather the River will still offer options.
* One Fish per person Eligible (Bream & Other Species)
* Those wanting to fish thru the night past 10.30pm around Mud and not return, must provide a Photo of Fish (weight-time-length).
* All turning up on the Day will go in a Draw for a Donated Gift.
* Weight In 6pm-11pm with a BBQ (Bring own drinks).
## Best Bream (live will override dead). AUSFISH PACK
## Second Best. BUSH 'N BEACH PACK
## Best Plastic (Other then above two). AGNES WATER BAIT & TACKLE
## Best Bait (Other then above two). Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder
## Best Land or Under 16 (Bream or Other Species). AGNES WATER BAIT & TACKLE
## Best Other Species. Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder
## Lucky Draw. Donated Gift - Hooked Up Downunder

ken4159
10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Phill, I may have a spot or 2 available, anyone need a ride pm me.

The Goanna

Volvo
11-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Thanks Derek, what i was actually after was where the possie was that the event was to take place:)..Was for a weee while contemplating heading down with the opportunity of meeting up with folks more so than the Fishing :-[ but workduties take priority :'(...
Cheers

NeMo84
11-06-2005, 10:51 AM
wondering if anyone has a spare seat i could occupy as id love to fish out of a boat :)

webby
11-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Have a look two post above, Kens not a bad bloke ;D

youngfisho
11-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I may have a spot available provided that I can get the time off work.

andrew

Here is my ride

PinHead
14-06-2005, 04:43 AM
I will be there...currently wiring the boat for some lighting...will be using bait

Cloud_9
14-06-2005, 07:34 AM
it's looking like a possible maybe for me to turn up?
mite have to have a prefish as im green to the area, well green to anywhere in the bay.only been to mud once :-/
have to decide when it gets closer.
there maybe a spot on cloud 9
if im solo there'll be a spot.

Cheers Cloud 9

Jeremy
15-06-2005, 03:23 AM
bugga! I'm out. Going to straddy for a week leaving on the 9th. Got my dates mixed up. Another M&G I'll miss [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Maybe next time...

Jeremy

SWFISHER
15-06-2005, 09:42 AM
HEY GOANNA I'M VERY NEW TO SALT WATER DO HAVE A BOAT BUT DON'T KNOW THE AREA AT ALL, WONDERING ABOUT A RIDE TO GET SOME EXPERIENCE IN FISHING FOR BREAM. PM IF AVAILABLE. THANKS

Big_Kev
17-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I went on a recon mission this morning to sound out some new ground.
When at the ramp I spoke to a bloke who looked like he new the area and I saw in the bottom of the tinny was a 12-15kg Jew.(he was all smiles)
It was a nice fish and came from the area's in question.

Billo
21-06-2005, 05:01 AM
gonna be hard to keep away from the reds and on the silvers ....

odd of you webby , calling a challenge and no snapper titles on the leader board ??? The last few trips i have made out have had NO bream caught what so ever ....but plenty of squire.

actually looking forward to it , still don't know if i will have company or not , more then likely will have a seat in my ride , but will know closer to time.

MEGA'bite
21-06-2005, 11:55 AM
looking forward to it hope to be able to atend

webby
26-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi Need some definate Figures, mainly for BBQ reasons if your hanging around, by Wednesday 6th July.
Below is a list of Intended Victims to CONFIRM.
Just YES or No + Crew will do.
PLUS Anyone still looking for a Ride.
Or Anyones Name Missing.
Aquaries # # # # # # # # # # ##Jugs # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Sharkbait
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # ## ##Joe T # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Snapattack
# # # # # # # # # # # # # ## #Jason173 # # # # # # # # # # # ##SWFisher
Billo # # # # # # # # # # # # # ##Kendall # # # # # # # # # # # ## # Snafu
Beefaman # # # # # # # # # ## # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Stevo
Big E # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Longtail # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Madman 1 # # # # # # # # # # # #Touchy
# # # # # ## # # # # # # # # ####Mulletguts # # # # # # # # # # # #
Cheech # # # # # # # # # ## # Nemo 4 # # # # # # # # # # # # # ##
Commodore # # # # # # # ## #On the Chew # # # # # # # # # ##Youngfisho
Finding Time # # # # # # # ## Pinhead
Flattyfinder # # # # # # # # ##Reel Hard
Fishinmisin # # # # # # # # ## Simon Vaughan + 1
Fishin # Dan # # # # # # # # ##Roz

Goanna/Steven78 #have spare spots so far
# # # # # # # # # # ##
** Best Bream #(live is best) # # # # # # # # #AUSFISH PACK
** Second best Bream (dead or alive) # # #BUSH & BEACH PACK
**Best plastic (other then above two) # # AGNES WATERS
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #BAIT & TACKLE
**Best Bait # (other then above two) # # #HOOKEDUPDOWNUNDER
**Best Land or Under 16 (Bream/Others) #AGNES WATERS
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #BAIT & TACKLE
**Best Squire # Plastics # # # # # # # # # # # # MONTAZUMAS
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #MT GRAVATT
**Best #Squire #Bait # # # # #HOOKEDUPDOWNUNDER #
**Best Other Species #(other then Bream/Squire)
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # MONTAZUMAS MT GRAVATT
LUCKY DRAW (must have a Ausfish Sticker on Boat)
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # HOOKEDUPDOWNUNDER.
Thanks to those who donated the Gifts
regards # # # #

rakinray
26-06-2005, 12:54 PM
G/ day Brian wheres my name ! Trying to keep me away huh ! Put me and normal deckie down for the BAIT SQUAD !

CHEERS RAY ;D

Lucky_Phill
26-06-2005, 04:23 PM
The_Deckie plus one, to be added.

Phill

Steven78
26-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I will be in but i might need a deckie

bungie
26-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Bungie + 2 :)

straddie
26-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll certainly be heading that way, but if I see the US 5th fleet sitting out there habit will see me wander off somewhere else. ::)

searaider
26-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Webby,
Yes + GENNA as deckie

Peter
Searaider 2

allniter
26-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes + son Jason as anchor wench ;D

MICHAELG
28-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Webby

Count me in

Michael

DR
28-06-2005, 07:12 AM
weather & work gods permitting, i will be there as well. although i won't be staying until the end ( 10.30 ) :)

youngfisho
28-06-2005, 08:24 AM
well the roster came out. And Im working a late on the 9th. Peeved to say the least >:(. Will have to try and swap with one of my colleagues ;). So fingers crossed.

andrew

Billo
28-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Webby , Yes i am in ...confirmed

Deckie not confirmed as yet ....will let me know on his roster next week, if he is a no go , will have a spot for a recruit #.

have we got a list of who is looking for a ride ?
just a thought - ( so not to confuse the process in the long strings of posts ) should we have a new sticky post of available seats and seats wanted for the trip ????

Long range forecasts calling for 15knott SW winds - Bring it on

PinHead
28-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes..and probably the Flea also

joeT
29-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Yes. Plus NeMo84 as deckie.

PinHead
29-06-2005, 12:52 PM
The Flea (son) is now a definite

thedeckie
29-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Webby,
Count me in,will have another gun fisho with me and bundy...

the deckie

Billo
30-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I am on my own for the start Webby , will be meating some mates on the water ( non Ausfishers )

Obviously their catch will not count for my weigh in ............if i get anything to weigh ???

Touchy - R.I.P.
01-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Webby,ME ME ME,Count me in salior :-* :-* ;)Betty Boobtube

Touchy - R.I.P.
01-07-2005, 02:37 AM
Webby, Can I baitfish with you?,that silly old fart Touchy is gunna use frangers but I have heaps of my fav bream bait (whale flesh :-X) ready to go. :-*Betty

youngfisho
01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
YIPPEEE ;D ;D ;D, have arranged a swap and now have the day off. So all is good for the river to mud plastic vs bait bash. As I said before there is a spot available on my boat so anyone is welcome. By the way is there any restriction on using bait and plastic. I plan to use plastics during the day and switch to bait in the evening. Mail me if anyone wants a spot on my boat.

andrew

mud67
04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
4wd trip has been called off so mud67 and deckie will be there
Don"t know if bbq after using special bream bait is a good idea ??? :P

NeilD
06-07-2005, 08:52 AM
What is the setup back at the M&G site? Is anybody going to hang around there during the afternoon? I am just out of hospital after a major knee reconstruction and stuck on crutches for the next few months. I certainly cannot fish but would't mind dropping by to meet a few people.

Neil

webby
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah Neil there will be someone there all the time, bbq starting around 4 or so, and those coming back at dusk, can hang around and have a bbq/drink and brag ;D
regards

Touchy - R.I.P.
07-07-2005, 02:26 AM
G'Day Horse, C'Mon down, with the wind picking up acording to the forecast I doubt that I will be using plan B (Mud snapper spotX :-X) Sat arvo so plan A (Brissie river with the frangers)so should be back at the ramp 'round dusk, looking forward to saying g'day(plus it always a treat for me to meet someone that walks slower than I 8) :-X ;D ;D. Cheers Touchy.><>

blaze
07-07-2005, 02:46 AM
LMAO at touchy wanting some one to walk slower than him, the green death could have a srong bearing on speed and direction
cheers
blaze

MICHAELG
07-07-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm out -sorry to say. mix up of family commitments. Might try and get there for the BBQ and a drink tho

Michael

NeilD
07-07-2005, 04:52 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. Couple of coldies and a bit of a chat. I will certainly try to get down for a while. Just need to organise some transport but that won't be much trouble.

Neil

Burley_Boy
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Don't know how Saturday is panning out hence this is my first post re this, but browsing these posts I'm still not sure where the BBQ and base will be? Might be able to pop up for a while to say hi.
cheers BB

beefaman
08-07-2005, 08:56 AM
The green death will be there somewhere, Touchy cant live without it!! He walks faster when he is pissed!!
The forecast isnt looking flash for Saturday arvo, so it could be a few coldies and some story telling :P

Lucky_Phill
08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Never fear. there will be shelter for any " rain " scaredy cats.

There will be a BBQ supplied as well as cooking equipment, kettle and water etc.

Best to byo seats. although there is seating under the purpose built shelter.

I will have the area set up early Sat morn. The Ausfish Banner will be flyinh high at some stage.

For those who do not know the river too well, and want to throw a franger or some smelly stuff, hunt me or Webby down and we will tell you " where to go " ;D ::) :P ;)

I will be on the water afternoon. no radio, so 0419 020 697 will get me.

Further info about the BBQ etc, will be posted here abouts tonight/ tomorrow.

By the way, anyone who thinks they are a casting wizz, get ya shoulders ready !

Further, does anyone have a set of digital scales to weight the fish on. need to go to 2kg I guess. I mean, how big a Bream are you going to knock over ?

Cheers Phill

webby
08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi BBQ is free for those inquiring, just bring your own lolly water or heavier stuff to ward off the cold.
BBQ Should start around 4pm.
Hopefully this friggin Low wont come in till late in the evening.
Trying to get onto the council or port authority to open the grass carpark for extra parking.
regards

StevenM
09-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Good luck and have fun to all fishing the comp. May the weather gods be nice.

Cheers Steven

terminaltackle
09-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Is there any chance of being allowed to enter at this late stage, Sorta new to all this stuff, but looking forward to having a gander during the night.

webby
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Mate the way the wx shaping , no one might turn up ;D, anyway a little breeze will test your skills, or maybe the river will be awful crowded.
Come on down mate.
For those interested there will be Ausfish gear on sale, for those wanting any of the items Steve has for sale.
regards

Cheech
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
What is it with Ausfish events and wind....

Will still be there. Fortunately Matt is just as gun ho as me when it comes to a bit of adverse weather, so we will still be planning on heading to Mud late arvo.

With the westerly, it still should be pretty pleasant at the ramp/picnic area so don't be put off in coming over for a social chat.