PDA

View Full Version : Google earth

rajawolf
11-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Has anybody used this program,?...even though the pictures are not up to date, it gives you a good view of bar crossings, fishing spots ect ect...I am very impressed.

Cheers.

charleville
11-07-2005, 10:19 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Test_Board;action=display;num=11202 68825

rajawolf
11-07-2005, 11:18 AM
This is the same i guess ..the link takes ages to load....the one I am referring too is the program u d/l to your computer and run it from there.

If you pay a $20 PA fee ( i think it is) u can hook your GPs to the program and map everything. anyway here is the link.

http://earth.google.com/

Cheers.

charleville
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I note that at the Google earth site it says that Apple Macintoshes are not supported. I can access the satelite pix from my Mac at the link that I showed earlier.

DavidT
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Google Earther is the best thing out there, i just got it today and it is the Bee's Knee's.

I have now mapped out my fishing spots as it gives Co-Ords and what not.

Given it is a year old in the maps, i still find it so damn accurate it is crazy, my first concenrs though were that this could give some nasty people access to information that could help them to do nasty things, a criminals or a terrorists best tool, lets hope it doesnt get used for that.

Cheers,

David.

rajawolf
11-07-2005, 01:09 PM
DavidT,

Did you look into your back yard, I could see my boat and car.

Not good if the wrong people wanted to see who had a boat in the area, as to obtain a free one.

Apart from that i can see a lot of good use, now i know why i have to turn sharp left when I exit the bar.

Cheers.

DavidT
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
DavidT,

Did you look into your back yard, I could see my boat and car.

Not good if the wrong people wanted to see who had a boat in the area, as to obtain a free one.

Apart from that i can see a lot of good use, now i know why i have to turn sharp left when I exit the bar.

Cheers.

Actually i could see the car in the Drive way, i could see all the kids toys out the back (Messy Critters they are) and i could see how the canal across the roads looks like from Sky Veiw, what makes it even better is seeing how it exits into the bay is even more interesting, i think i have found some prime Flat head spots, and some good Whiting holes.

I see this program finding me some fresh new areas to check out and explore, what i realy want it to do is help me to Navigate my way around the shallows of Tinnie Creek that place is a nightmare at best.

Cheers,

David.

Needmorerum
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
So how did you find your house, I was unable to punch in an address, I just had to scroll and zoom.

Works well, very interesting isn't it.

Corry

DavidT
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
So how did you find your house, I was unable to punch in an address, I just had to scroll and zoom.

Works well, very interesting isn't it.

Corry

Hey Corry,

I just had it zoom into the centre of Brisbane, then i scrolled it too the bay, from there i found my region and bang found my house :)

It doesnt except Addresses or anything lilke that, i am not sure if the professional version of it does but i know the paid version has way more features to it then this one.

And yes it is very handy, i actualy road mapped my way too a meeting today down the gold coast from it, i just printed it out and i must say it was easier doing it that way then using my refidex.

Cheers,

David.

MulletMan
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Just downloaded the 2 GB version - unbelievable!

Needmorerum
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Where do you find the 2GB version. I could only find one that is about 10MB.

Corry

bungie
13-07-2005, 03:20 AM
It does accept an address in this form "victoria point, australia" ........... try it ;), some addresses go way off. But it can find some small ones too. "kin kin, australia" "bencubbin, australia" are small hamlets and it finds them.

cHiCo
13-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Try and get the co-ordinates of the place you want to find and type them in