PDA

View Full Version : AUGUST MROCP/MROVCP Course VMR Victoria Point

subzero
12-07-2005, 02:23 PM
These courses normally fill up within a 1 or 2 weeks at most.
If you want to book a spot, my email address is lloyd@vmr.org.au
I would prefer you contact me through this address as I will reply with some info including a map of our location and a couple of handy documents.
Regards
Lloyd

Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency. (M.R.O.C.P)
Marine Radio Operators VHF only Certificate of Proficiency. (M.R.O.V.C.P)
This course will cover both certificates
The cost for both classes of Certificate is the same. ($48-20)

To be held over 2 nights on
Night 1: Tuesday evening 7pm, 9th August
Night 2: Tuesday evening 7pm, 16th August

VMR Victoria Point.
Council Reserve
Victoria Point
Course Costs and Requirements:

The course is Free

$26.50 (GST inc) Marine Radio Operators Hand Book IF REQUIRED

$48.20 (GST inc) O.M.C Test for Certification

Passport sized photo must be produced for inclusion on life time licence when you do sit the test
Study on line for your MROCP test at the Office of Maritime Communications
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/index.html

ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION:
There is no cost for our services, but there is a fee of $48-20 for the issuing of test papers from the Office of Maritime Communications and the subsequent marking of those test papers by them. Upon passing they will issue you your lifetime Certificate. (Licence). The fee for this has been increased as of the 1st of July by the O.M.C.
If you choose to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook their will be an additional charge of $26-50. (It is recommended that you do purchase this book to meet your legal obligations if your vessel is equipped with Marine Radio's other than 27meg)

Attendees will also need to produce a passport sized photo to be included on their MROCP/MROVCP Certificate and also produce photographic proof of identity; usually this will be in the form of a Drivers Licence or Passport upon completion of the test papers.

There are 2 classes of Certificate, one being the MROVCP, (restricted to VHF only) and the other being the MROCP. (Unrestricted and includes MF/HF).
If the Certificate is for your personal use only, the MROVCP is the one easier to pass with fewer questions to answer. If you are aiming to work on a Commercial Vessel, join a Rescue Group, or own a MF/HF set then you will require the MROCP.
You must make a decision at the conclusion of the course as to which test you wish to sit so the appropriate test papers can then be ordered in.

To book or if you have any further questions contact Lloyd (Trainer/Assessor) lloyd@vmr.org.au
Mobile 0403539485

subzero
12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
For those booked in for this months course, dont forget it starts tomorrow night, 7pm.
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
12-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Something I should mention is the FIRST NIGHT of the AUGUST course is followed the next day by the Brisbane EKKA show day just in case that affects anyone's decision to put their name down one way or the other.
Regards
Lloyd

subzero
12-07-2005, 02:33 PM
To those on last months course, well done, very good marks and everyone passed. Well done fellas. ;D

VP1
13-07-2005, 12:53 PM
See you tonight, at 7pm, Pinhead, Sue, Fishing Freddy, Jimbo59, and DavidT at VMR Victoria Point