PDA

View Full Version : Ballina Bar

whynott
14-07-2005, 07:21 AM
This is what the Ballina Bar looked like on Monday at lunch time.

Mick
14-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I didn't think ballina had a bar, or if it did it was very deep. I may be wrong, but I used to surf in the river. Unbroken waves used to roll through between the rock walls and the wave didn't break until about in line with the car park on the South Ballina rock wall. Has the sand built up now, or was I just at ballina on a freaky day?

finga64
14-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I've driven over Missingham bridge with white caps coming over the car :-/. How far is that from the bar??

chemmy
14-07-2005, 02:55 PM
just a bit choppy ay

Roo
14-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I grew up in ballina, the usual surfin and fishin childhood. Not Unusual to see a bit of wash on the bar. It is'nt the best bar to cross on a rising south swell and wind.
Hey Finga I've seen that too. You'd do well now to have white caps over the bridge......the new bridge that is. It's about 15mtrs higher now.

cheers, roo.

skippa
14-07-2005, 04:48 PM
We were there about 2 months ago. Waves breaking inside near the north wall about where the middle rock wall starts. There was a guy fishing at end of the middle wall too, definately not for the faint hearted.

Needless to say no one ventured out. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics. I'm guessing Graham that the fishing was too good when u were there.

Cheers,
Tony 8)