PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all

Poseidon
14-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Having been a silent bystander to this site now for some months, today is the day to join and participate. The information gathered from many of the learned contibutors to date has helped me to iron out many issues with my boat, from annoying transducer problems to the correct knots to use for most instances.Most importantly the site has encouraged me to stick to the 'Soft Plastic's' to the point that last weekend both myself and 11 yr old son each landed nice flatties on plastics, what a buzz!! Prior to this the only fish to fall to the rubber seemed those intent on suicide, 2 nice fish in 1 hr has given me the drive to stick to the plastic. Anyway this site and information available should be on the Must Do list for any fishing newbie.

Fishin_Dan
14-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Well done Cam, and welcome to the site! #:D

The plastics are very addictive! You've joined the dark side now....

The best thing I found with plastics is that if you leave them in the car overnight after fishing, it doesn't matter... Unlike the squid I left in a small esky overnight the other week.... ::) :'(

NeilD
14-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Welcome Cam. You can get an answer to most questions here and a lot of first hand info on whats happening and working best

Neil

Poseidon
14-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Yeah fishin_dan, the plastics seem to takeway the struggle of chasing bait with the castnet all over the countryside!!! To finally cut away from the bait issue I'm going to leave the castnet at home on the next trip, to date it has been my backup plan. This should finally be my conversion to the DARKSIDE...My only other problem at the moment is that the better half is still coming to terms with my constant thoughts of the weekend and going fishing, the fact that my son is also on the fishing warpath doesn't help my cause.....Oh Well...Many attempts to get her in the tinny have failed, so one needs to tread carefully.

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Welcome cam, glad to see the work has paid off re the flattie, come spring you should have the good old flattie out gunned,what areas do you target?, if you & the lad want an extra buzz with the frangers (& only have a small tinnie)send me a private message & I'll give you a couple of tips that may help get you both as extra buzz with the squire,they are in very close & given the right tide, weather ect a couple of hours could see you hooked up fun time & back home in time to cook lunch & washup for your minister for war & finance,doesn't always work for me but when it does I'm back in the black re the brownie points ;D ;D. Cheers Touchy><>.

Poseidon
14-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Touchy, I'll take you up on the offer for a few hints in a PM, though I need to get to 10 posts to PM. To date we have been following the fishing reports in the local rags, Northside papers, and targeting a few spots mentioned. Descriptions in some of the recent fishing reports of ' areas carpeted with flathead' were first on the list, though the carpet must have been removed for cleaning on the day. Persistence has proven to be the best measure as last weekend everything seemed to go to plan. At one stage whilst drifting we spooked a very large lizard and in the next 4 casts landed 2 others, sight fishing is a blast. Our 13' tinnie is very comfortable to fish from around the Scarborough Reefs and the Pine River / Redcliffe area. Finding decent structure in these areas is our next plan.

Kiktz
14-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Good on You Cam, That is what is all about.
You input into this site is what makes it good for every one.
Welcome aboard......

beefaman
14-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Touchy :-X Haha
Cam, you could do a lot worse than listen to Touchy ;)
I dont even read the reports in the paper, just read the internet sites to get the real deal mate!!
Asking questions is the way to go mate, most on this site, and others, will point you in the right direction!!
See you on the water [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

bidkev
14-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the site cam.

I'm not a plastics man myself........there's something about picking those dried up bits of squid off me thong that just makes my fishing that much more enjoyable.......no freudian comments lads please ;D

Have to admit, tried a blue shad on the drift, down at the pin once and I had two lizards into the boat quicker than I ever did on bait.

Glad to see you and the lad are enjoying yourselves. Shame about the missus though, can't you interest her by telling her how much fitter she'd be by pulling the anchor :-)

cheers

kev

DICER
14-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi Cam, welcome to the ausfish site!!

tshort
15-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Cam welcome aboard, why did it take so long to jump in.

Poseidon
15-07-2005, 04:12 AM
El,prez don't really know the answer to that one, re Why Did it Take So Long! Suffice to say that I am glad I have. Hope to throw up a few pics in the coming weeks of the ones that have made the boat, must remain positive.....