PDA

View Full Version : River to Mud - How'd you go ?

Billo
11-07-2005, 04:04 AM
We got into a few whiting and tailor early afternoon on the eastern side of mud, but regrettably i had to bail out due to an offer coming in on our house and had to go negotiate....unfortunately we are still negotiating >:( so i missed the evening . >:( Not real happy about that .....but thems the breaks . Was really looking forward to chilling out with a few ales and meeting the crew

Hope everyone had a ball...looking forward to hear a few stories , geez it was lumpy out there.

aquarius
11-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Billo i was going back to fishermans late yesterday but had to do a few jobs around the house and then the wife wanted me to drive her to a friends place......pitty it was windy but good to meet a few guys/gals before i left at lunch time.
Hope you all had a top night and look forward to seeing that big bream.
Cheers Brent ;)

Fishin_Dan
11-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Heard it was a bit messy out at Mud... I was in Webby's boat, and we had planned to go out to Mud, but after some of the reports, we ended up fishing the sunken wall. There was some fish around, but they were few and far between (Except for those pesky 15cm bream... They were everywhere!!!)

Shame I didnt get to meet you guys, but it was good to meet a load of you. Always good to put a face to a name! ;D

webby
11-07-2005, 06:46 AM
The Challenged turned into a Challenge ;D
Firstly the weather challenged all to go for a fish, with the winds undecided which way they wanted to blow.
But some ventured out early into the bay, while others had a dabble in the river.
The brissy bar put on its usually act and threw up some turbulent seas, by the low tide at 5pm the wind died and not sure around Mud but the River turned very placid.
The other Challenge was to try and find a fish willing to take a bait, and they were few and far between, when we departed around 10.30pm two boats were still braving the conditions around Mud, so cannot say if they had any success.
But for those returning for the BBQ most returned with empty eskies or tall tales to tell of how the big one got away, and all said fish shows were scare beneath the watery depths.
Sorry fellas but Grinners/Eels and a few other vermin were not allowed.
The Live fish award when to a Live Whiting, Phill has the results as it was either Joe T or Nemo84 who turned up with the bucketed whiting, later released in the boat passage.
The catch of the Challenge by time of leaving goes to Jay (Fishinmissin) and his 2kg lizard he fluked in the river, so if those that returned later can post up anything better, go to it.
The Ausfish Pack and Bush & Beach Packs have not been decided till the later commers tell us your tales.
All in all a great turn out, with a list below of all that show up wether with boat or not, if your names doesnt appear, apoligies, as i could have been on the water when you showed.
Phill as usuall provided or brought the whole kitchen and lounge with him, and made it a little more comfortable for those who stayed and enjoyed the bbq.
Plenty of prizes were given out, and i dont think anyone left without one, which means a Special Thanks to the Following for donating these prizes.
Ausfish # # # # #Bush & Beach # #Agnes Waters Bait & Tackle # Hookedupdownunder # #Montazumas Mt Gravatt #.
Thanks to all who showed up.
Ausfish # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Lucky Phill
Allniter # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Mud 67
Aquaries # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Nemo84
Billo # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Rando
Beefaman # # # # # # # # # # # # #Streaker
Big D # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Searaider 2
Cheech # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Stevo
Commodore # # # # # # # # # # # #Snappyone
Cloud 9 # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Sunrise
GBC # # # # # # # # # # ## # # # # # # #Roz
Goanna # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Straddie
Genna # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Scottyg
Finding Time # # # # # # # # # # # Touchy
Flattyfinder # # # # # # # # # # # # The Deckie
Fishin Dan # # # # # # # # # # # # # Trevor Mayhem
Fishinmissin # # # # # # # # # # # # Whynott
Jason 173 # # # # # # # # # # # # # Longtail
Joe t # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Pinhead
D.R. # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Terminaltackle
Thanks again, hopefully our next Meet and greet will be without the wind.
Oh one last thing, we did leave a body behind, snoring his head off, hope they didnt lock the chains up so you could depart this morning ;D wont mention names.
By the way Steve was giving stickers out last night, some boats will look like moving bill boards ;D
One last thing, the plastics boys i think we well and truley outclassed by the Bait Brigade, but weather did play a big part in the outcome, GO YOU GOOD THING BAIT ;D
regards #

Billo
11-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Congrats on the lizard Jay . [smiley=laola.gif] ..and to everyone who braved it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
As you said Webby, the river mouth was like a bar early ( we came in at 4 )...was an interesting and WET trip back in ...waves around 1m [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Had a couple of tailor 35 & 39 cm in the boat ( live ) off plastics ...YEY lures :-/ :-[ and a whiting from bait 28 cm also live , didn't bring em in as was in that much of a rush to make it home in time to meet the agents ( just to have em show up half hour late [smiley=wut.gif] ).

will not bring my phone next time ;D

Cheech
11-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Late report. We left mud just before 10.30 so we would make it back in time for the 11.00pm weigh in. But when we arrived, there was nobody there ??? Can't say I blame everyone for not wanting to hang around. It was cold and windy and pretty horrible.

We left the ramp about an hour before dark after a quick chat to a few ausfishers. Was slow fishing. Sounds like it was slow for most. tried a couple of spots. The new spot X we found last week was not a star this week. But still got a few fish. Unfortunately just none of those 35 - 36cm models.

We actually had a comfortable session re the wind. It dropped out to almost nothing for a couple of hours before then kicking in big time just before 10.00pm. But that was ok because we were heading in soon anyway.

Final tally was 12 Bream. One of them had a lucky release when Matt accidentally elbowed it and knocked it overboard ::)

We had about 4 of them around 31cm. Most of the others were not that much smaller. Sean caught a 31cm fish, but is not a member so we cannot register it. One 31cm for me being my biggest, and one 30cm for Matt.

Cheech

Cheech
11-07-2005, 08:32 AM
The catch

Lucky_Phill
11-07-2005, 10:06 AM
MY reply to the M & G is in ' Fishing Reports ".

Cheers Phill

Fishinmishin
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Brian, are you being modest, or did someone beat your 37cm bream ;) ;D. You wern't meant to tell them that the flattie was a fluke :-X.
A big thanks [smiley=thumbsup.gif] to Phill, Brian, Steve and anyone else that helped organise the event. Although the weather wasn't ideal, it was good to be able to put faces to names and be in the company of others who share the same passion. Not only did they give out prizes, they also fed us and donated their time without asking anything in return [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. Look forward to other events and when my new rig is ready (if ever :P) I might attempt to plan a day fishing off from Bribie. Gives the option of the passage, bay or offshore fishing for any rig and then can catchup for BBQ and coldies and share stories with the group in the late avo, although I don't know if anyone will listen after my attempt at Straddie M@G.
Cheers, Jay
P.S.- Below is my second fish ever caught in the brissie river, the first was a 5 cm bream caught 20 min ealier ::) ;D.

webby
11-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi We have decided due to their efforts, pessiverance and dedication in hunting those Bream in conditions thrown at you by Mother Nature.
Cheech # Wins the Ausfish Pack
Commodore #Wins the Bush & Beach Pack
Other winners on the night were
Fishinmissin for his Flathead Agnes Waters Bait & Tackle # # Rod and reel combo.
Nemo84 for his live Whiting Agnes Waters Bait & Tackle
Tony will send you a Plastics Pack, if you Pm your Address.
Sorry for confusion fellas but have changed the plastics pack winner as i got you both confused ???
regards

rando
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Turned up at the ramp at about 1.45pm ,Fishing Dan gave me a lift as the girls needed my car for the arvo, thanks mate. I was not sure if i was going to be land based or lucky enough to catch a ride with someone, lucky as it turned out as Jay(Fishinmishin) offered a place on his boat. Jay thanks , really enjoyed the day.
We had a look at going to Mud but after a quick weather check decided to fish the river .
Jay picked a likely spot on the sunken wall and we got stuck into it
For those of you that dont know already, Jay can fish !. He had landed a 2kg plus flatty (on 4lb line) two tailor and a bream within 1/2 an hour of our first drop ,,, ME still fishless :'(
Plenty of bites very hard to hook-up . Tried a variety of baits . Plastics,Pillies, mac-tuna , chicken.Caught a couple of small bream on chicken, then after dark and change of tide one legal bream and a 38cm cod.
It was nice to meet so many of the ausfishers and I look forward to the next get together.
Cheers
Rando
PS the cod was a nice lunch.

rando
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I forgot to say thanks to all those involved in organising the event for our enjoyment,well done and thanks
Rando

Fishinmishin
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Your pic Rando :). You've gotta hold em out further, adds inches to the size ;). You were just starting to fire late, that's why I pulled the pin when you started out fishing me ;) ;D, and sorry, shoulda handed him in live for that prize instead of me cutting him just before weigh in :-[ :-/ :(, I didn't realise it was a section of the comp :-/.
Cheers, Jay

Cheech
11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Yahoo.... That is great. Just spoke to Matt, and he is rapt as well.

Just a shame about the weather, because we really wanted to have a few drinks and met a few more ausfishers. I even packed my sleeping bag just in case. But the dreaded wind curse hit again.

Thanks to everyone that helped to organise and cater the event. Next time it is sure to be good weather.

Cheech

joeT
11-07-2005, 06:29 PM
As much as I would like to claim the plastics pack, it was Nemo84 fishing from my boat who took the whiting, so I'm sure he will PM you his address #:)

It was great to meet some fellow ausfishers and many thanks to those who donated their time to organise and those who donated prizes for the challenge.

adriancorrea
11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
A big thank you to the organisers and the sponsors of the prizes [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Once again well done phill, you really do know how to put on the comforts for these get togethers.
Thanks DR for the spot on your boat, Great boat to fish out off.
Really enjoyed the good company and the day out, maybe next time we can manage to catch a fish or two lol ;)
Phill and webby next one guys, try to pick a weekend that not blowing its arse off lol
Good to put names to faces and have a chinwag with a few of you.
Flattyfinder a trip to peel could be a goer in a fortnight send me a PM and we will organise it.

Tight Lines
Adrian

NeMo84
11-07-2005, 07:25 PM
yeh even though the wind was a little ordinary at times, and the fishing was nothing special, i was just happy to be fishin out of a boat for a change, thanks alot Wei(JoeT) for the seat on ya boat [smiley=2thumbsup.gif],and just like many have said put some faces to names. Thanks alot to everyone who played a part in making it happen, on top of that i won a prize so i had a great day. Thanks again everyone [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

madman1
12-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Arrived at the ramp @ around 1320 and headed out to Mud Is. What a waste of time. The northern side of Mud didn't look so good so we ventured around to the southern side with no luck at all. We used only three pillies and didn't get one bite.

Had to leave early to attend a work party which I wasn't overly happy about. Departed Mud around 1600 and headed home to Sandgate. Was a bit lumpy but acceptable.

I would have liked to meet up with a few guys but there is always next time.

Thanks to all of those who organised the event.

Cheers

Mark

Commodore
12-07-2005, 07:52 AM
You bloody beauty…. ;D ;D ;D.a big thanks to every one for the event, ;) like Cheech said wish we had some more time to enjoy the set up and meet a few others. Always another one.
Hook Up,
Matt
;D ;D

beefaman
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Was a great day, regardless of not many fish. I fished with Touchy, and we flogged the water to a froth for not much return....doh!! Nice to meet some fellow Ausfishers...special thanks to Scotty for helping with the boat at the ramp [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
We had to tow Big D back in as he had some fuel problems....made the trip very slow, but I drank Touchys beer to tick the time away!! ;D

roz
12-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Thankyou to the organisers for a great day/night.

Also thanks to Jason - Longtail - for inviting me to fish from his boat.

I must mention that inspite of the lack of fish, well, for most of us, it was a great day. So good to meet more Ausfishers and put a faces to the names. Thankx guys for making me feel so welcome.

Roz

terminaltackle
12-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Thank you to everyone that organised this event and get together. It was good to meet people and put names to faces, it was a very friendly atmosphere with plenty of yarns starting up. Hopefully at the next one I will be able to wet a line, so I look forward to seeing you all again.

stevo
12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
It's all been said, so good job Webby, Phil and Steve and all others for the donated gifts. This is the second M&G I have been too and one of these times I might even wet a line.
The one thing I did learn is never to try and cook on Phil's BBQ lol ;D ;D ;)

stevo [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

PinHead
12-07-2005, 03:32 PM
It's all been said, so good job Webby, Phil and Steve and all others for the donated gifts. This is the second M&G I have been too and one of these times I might even wet a line.
The one thing I did learn is never to try and cook on Phil's BBQ lol ;D ;D ;)

stevo [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

you didn't try and muscle in on Phil's barbie..bloody hell..and u are still alive?? The 11th Commandment states:
Thou shalt not intefere with Lucky Phill's barbie.

stevo
12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
A mans BBQ can be his pride and joy or one of them anyway.
I only saw one of the guys pick up a pair of tongs and I thought we were going to need some security like the ones who watched Brian rattle the chain. lol just jokes.
There was only one apron and no one fills it like Phil.

stevo

NeMo84
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
thats for sure, after an ordinary day out the barbie was a real treat, thanks Phil ;)

MICHAELG
13-07-2005, 04:14 AM
geeze ya try and help and what do ya get :'(
next time i'm just gunna sit with Fred and drink the green stuff [smiley=drunk.gif]

Was good to catch up with a few old faces.

Phil
My kids had a ball playin with Brooke makes it easy to have a beer
Thanks to everybody who organised this

Michael- now I'll take my tongs and sit in the corner

Big-D
13-07-2005, 04:41 AM
[smiley=furious2.gif]I must thank phil for the photo and a special THANKS toTouchy for the [smiley=help.gif] and the tow back to the boat ramp.

PS: Sorry i could not stay i was so f**ken Pissoff [smiley=angryfire.gif]

PPS: Touchy I owe you one BIG bottle of the GREEN DEATH.

Cheers Big-D.

beefaman
13-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Did you find out what the problem was Big-D??? ???

Billo
13-07-2005, 08:23 AM
SO ...the big question ......When is the next one ? ;D

On a side note , it was well worth heading home early after all ...house is now under contract ...finally !
Will be fishing the north shore in no time

Big-D
14-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Hi beefaman, NO not yet , just hopeit does not cost to much.

Cheers Big-D. ???

NeMo84
14-07-2005, 09:16 PM
hey i seriously thought the whole comp was a great idea and i reckon havin another bream comp sometime would be a great idea, first one ive attended but at the same time if another happens i'll be there for sure!great day out and good fun meeting up with fellow ausfishers.
P.S was joking about the whiting all day but in the end it came through for me! ;)hahaha

Fishin_Dan
15-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Well it was the biggest fish you've ever caught Carlos, so you should've got a prize for it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DR
15-07-2005, 04:37 AM
except for the wind it was a good day. as said before well organised (thanks fellas) & good to put faces to names.
one of the best parts was, even though it was a loosely based 'comp.' everybody had fun , no-one was out to just win, any prizes were a bonus to the winners, it was all in the spirit of good fun, how all comps should be..
all should be congratulated for the way it was.
i personally do not like fishing (pi**ing) comps, too many egos & those willing to do anything to win something, this on the other hand was how they should be... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

roz
15-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Totally agree Dave, more social than competitive is a nice change..... I only caught a grinner anyway.

Also nice catching up.

Roz

Fishin_Dan
15-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Should have made him into strip baits Roz!