PDA

View Full Version : Airlee beach info

Dylan_Rylatt
21-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Late in the year i am planning a trip to Airlee beach with my father and brother. I was just wondering has anyone fished this area land based and if they had any spots for me to try and could tell me what sorta fish would be holding in thease area's.

Thanks

Dylan

JB
21-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Just got back from there dylan. I ran into a few blokes catching good size threadfin salmon from the able point marina.. but you had to have live herring to be in with any chance. Also on the n/e side of the marina there is a resort with a jetty (sneak on at night) , that they get good size doggy macs off.

I opted for the charter option, which turned out not so good ??? . Basicly they put on plenty of food and a comfortable day for me, but no bloody fish. So if you book a charter called MV Jillian, do not expect monster coral trout.

I hear they also get queenfish around shute harbour however its busy as hell down there. Depending on when ur up that way, if its round oct i would be bookin a charter with a guy doin sportfishing trips to peter faust dam.

Good luck mate.

Jas

noodlemantra
21-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Fished at shute harbour in May. At the time had no cast net, so bought a bait jig and proceed for the next 2 hrs trying to get live herring. It was late afternoon. Caught a juvenile queenfish and contemplated using that ;D. should have as they have no min size limit (i didn't know at the time). Anyway managed to get one herring after dark. Threw it out and was in for 5mins and the missus came to pick me up. Fishing session over!
:(

I posted the same sort of help back then and the go from that was Able point marina. Hit there i reckon.

Dylan_Rylatt
21-07-2005, 08:25 AM
sooo definatly pack or buy a cast net there.... more info the better thx guys... will look to do a charter at Peter fost damm too... Can anyone else add anything??

Dylan

kc
21-07-2005, 11:38 AM
When you get your dates set and we can work out tide and moon phase send me a PM and I can point you at some good fish.

Regards

KC

kc@whitsunday.net.au

PS : Fishing is now banned from Shute Harbour jetties.

devocean
21-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Squid jig is good for off the jetty. Airlee is not to far away from Proserpine (15 minutes) big barra caught in the creek (not the dam) try to get a charter from out of there at least you will see a few crocs. The only wildlife you will see at airlie will be white pointers

skippa
21-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Kev,

we were there in June, plenty of people fishing from the Jetty/s at Shute. How long has that been in?

Dylan,

Definately take the cast net. All around Shute, Abel Point are the go for lives. Watched some kids cast up heaps in about ten minutes at Shute one day.

Devocean,

Yep saw plenty of white pointers too, some where Dutch some where English........... ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8)

kc
22-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Just gone through council,

Bit of local uproar but typically a few d%$#heads ignoring the rules and upsetting the big tourist boats have ruined it for all

KC

adrian
22-07-2005, 06:40 AM
let you know when and if i get back going up at the same time as the sailing races
anzac

Dylan_Rylatt
22-07-2005, 05:59 PM
thanks for the tips everyone will mail you for sure.... hopefully you can point me in the way of some good charters too...

thx heaps everyone