PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Nuttall, new Minister for  Fisheries

gif
25-07-2005, 12:37 PM
The TV Media has annouced this as a demotion for Nuttall

24/07/05

Beattie Announces Two More Ministry Changes

Premier Peter Beattie this afternoon continues the process of renewal of the Queensland Cabinet.

Mr Beattie announced the Health Minister, Gordon Nuttall, will become the Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries, and the Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries, Henry Palaszczuk, will become the Minister for Natural Resources and Mines.

They will be sworn in to their new portfolios on Thursday.

"Henry has stamped Primary Industries and Fisheries with his own personality for the past seven years, and is handing it over in excellent shape," Mr Beattie said.

"He is a terrific team player, and the qualities which have made him a great Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries will also make him a great Minister for Natural Resources and Mines.

"Gordon has been Health Minister during one of the toughest periods for any Minister, bar none.

"He is moving into an area with its own big challenges including drought, climate change, pressure on fisheries, and increasingly cut-throat competition for markets for primary produce.

"It's a time of change for Queensland's primary industries and the people who are their backbone, and looks forward to spending more time in the bush and working closely with these resilient Queenslanders.

"By Thursday afternoon, Queenslanders will have a new Cabinet team working for them.

"While we have always worked hard to deliver better services for this state, I acknowledge we can do better.

"The team I will put forward will include fresh faces and people with experience. Whether new or seasoned ministers, we'll all be energetic and totally focussed on doing a better job for the people of Queensland.

"In coming months, Queenslanders will judge the new team's performance for themselves," Mr Beattie said.

24 July 2005
Media contact: 3224 4500

theoldlegend
25-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Does Gordon want to go worming? I'll show him around if I can get a ride in his Statesman.

devocean
25-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Great I bet the first thing he does is green zone the whole of Bundaberg

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
25-07-2005, 02:26 PM
If his past record in health is anything to go on, the fish will be left to their own devices and so will we. If there's any probs, he'll deny knowing anything about it. Fish can live, fish can die, we can do what we like. He won't give a sh!t.

Dave

CHRIS_aka_GWH
25-07-2005, 05:13 PM
not a passing mention of the rec sector - sorta shows the governments focus & what/who they believe the fishery is for.

Sportfish_5
25-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Well - he'll certainly be looking for some friends won't he >:(

TonyM
26-07-2005, 04:38 AM
If his past record in health is anything to go on, the fish will be left to their own devices and so will we. If there's any probs, he'll deny knowing anything about it. Fish can live, fish can die, we can do what we like. He won't give a sh!t.

That woujld almost be better than what I think will happen - basically he's just another "yes premier" man. I imagine he'll be gratefull Beattie just "demoted" him rather than sacking him as Beattie tends to do when covering up his own stuff-ups

Beattie is definately 100% pro the commercial sector and couldn't give a hoot about rec fishing, why else would you issue a draft plan for a marine park that state's it's oprimary objectiove is to protect/enhance the interests of commercial fishers? ???

harry_h01
26-07-2005, 05:15 AM
I can see it now.

He will allow others to hire in a troup of overseas fishermen, and then deny they they exist.

Meanwhile he will holiday overseas, and then cry foul when our waterways are empty and he can't enjoy his home grown seafood of an evening.

But then again he may menlt into the background and only surface once in a while to wave a flag or the likes.

Just my thoughts.

Harry