PDA

View Full Version : carp advice

jimmybob
28-07-2005, 08:49 AM
gday peoples.....can any one tell me where i can go and flog some carp!....i live near bribie island, but i know ya get em down in the albert and logan rivers but can somone tell me excatly where i should i try?...some road directions would be much appreciated...cheers...
jim

Dug
28-07-2005, 12:50 PM
WHY???

saphire
28-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Crassius auratus (gold fish) are a member of the carp famliy.

DICER
29-07-2005, 05:49 AM
are you going to eat them?

GES
29-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Carp are a declared noxious fish in Queensland. You are not allowed to have one in your possession nor are you allowed to return any that you catch to the water (not even as bait). You are required to kill them and dispose of them out of the water. The fine for doing otherwise is MASSIVE.

GES

jimmybob
30-07-2005, 10:37 AM
duh! did i sound like i wanted to eat them.... i wanna kill some suckers and ive only seen 1 before but i was too young to really remember...eat them? yuk...keep them? >:( so can any one tell me where to get at em?

Jeremy
30-07-2005, 10:46 AM
gday peoples.....can any one tell me where i can go and flog some carp!....i live near bribie island, but i know ya get em down in the albert and logan rivers but can somone tell me excatly where i should i try?...some road directions would be much appreciated...cheers...
jim

JESUS :o The poor bloke just wants to go and kill some noxious carp for fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Good onya Jim! I would have thought there would be somewhere closer to home for you than that ???

Hope you get a truckload.

Jeremy

DICER
31-07-2005, 03:57 AM
does it mean that if you eat a carp on the spot you are in possesion? ;D

hope you don't get a truckload, as that would mean the river is infested

have fun though and don't eat too many ;D ;D