PDA

View Full Version : beach worms unavalible untill 1st week of August

SURF_SNIPER
21-07-2005, 01:49 PM
thought Id better put up a post to let people know that beacuase im fishing in the Rainbow Beach fishing Classic which is a week long comp that starts on sunday the 23 of this month, i will be away untill the 2nd of August.

therefore i appologise for not being able to supplie live or cured beach worms to those people who have contacted me for this coming weekend :)

All will be back to normal after the 2nd of August and ill have plenty of live big juicy beach worms and plenty of cured packs as well. ;D

thanks peoples

Drew

mr_stinker
28-07-2005, 07:08 PM
i can catch worms but what is the best way to keep the buggers any imfo will be a big help thanks mate

slugo
28-07-2005, 07:52 PM
mr stinker
I catch the buggers too everyone has there own secret recipe to keep them but I will let you in on mine ;D
I put the worms in the fridge for about 20-30 min that puts them asleep then I place sand on WET newspaper place the worms on the sand then coat the worms with butcher salt then bag them and freeze. I find that doing this way the worms hold there shape and they have toughen up for the hook
cheers
LEN

slugo
28-07-2005, 09:01 PM
??? sorry mate you lost me

mr_stinker
28-07-2005, 09:23 PM
len thank-you very much,i hope you get 2 low;s in every day. during the day that is. p s i know this a bad ques; 1 pippis are top hand held bait but what is top cages for the bag

Richard
29-07-2005, 03:37 AM
I think he might mean what frames do you put in the stink bag..

SURF_SNIPER
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
use stingray or shark its the only thing to use.

slugo
02-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I agree stingrays are my favorite but I also use mullet or anything that I can get my hands on at the time. I have a couple of mates that are pros so I just call around and scab some crap fish that there not going to sell..

len

SURF_SNIPER
02-08-2005, 10:07 AM
slugo, the problem with fish frames like mullet etc, is that they release to many flesh particles when worming.the worms grab these small particles in the wash and feed on them instaed of your hand bait. resulting in catching far fewer worms.

stingray and shark holds together and don't release these particles.

Drew

slugo
02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
thanks drew.. yeh you are right; sometimes when i do spot a worm and go for the kill the bugger is not to be seen when i use fish his already got a free feed. most times when i decide to go worming its a spur of the moment so i just use anything i can get my hands on at the time.
thanks for the tip drew i never thought of it that way

len