PDA

View Full Version : GPS: WAYPOINT LOG FORUM TOPIC

fishsmith
27-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Ausfish and Ausfish members what are your thoughts on including a new ]topic to the forum[/b], whereby members could log waypoints and maybe a breif description of a fishing hotspot or area of intrest that they may wish to disclose... cheers smithy..

DNO40
28-07-2005, 01:10 AM
You still tryin to get the good oil on everybodys secret fishing spots !

dad_io
28-07-2005, 05:18 AM
;D Got one for u, its a great snapper hole
S 32 40 00
E 137 45 80

Might be a bit of a boat trip for u though ;)

Jeremy
28-07-2005, 06:41 AM
my thoughts, I don't think anyone is going to share any good marks over the internet where anyone can get them and spread them further still. People might share general area marks for particular reefs. but there are already several books and at least two websites I know of that list GPS marks. I think to do the same again here would just be replication.

If you want good GPS marks, your best bet is to find your own or get them off friends.

Jeremy

gogecko
28-07-2005, 06:46 AM
I dont think it deserves a forum. The general points are already covered, and the really good points only get sent by PM.

westie
28-07-2005, 12:12 PM
;D Got one for u, its a great snapper hole
S 32 40 00
E 137 45 80

Might be a bit of a boat trip for u though ;)

Come on .....you could have at least put the poor guy in water.
Now Just go to those marks, and then head on a bearing of 8 deg for 36.6k and that will put you at least on water is SA Lake Gairdner (Bottom End).
Now that is what friends are for. Mates would take you to there SpotX after searching you for Hand held GPS's and other spying tools you may have. HAVE A SAFE TRIP

TonyM
29-07-2005, 10:50 AM
hehe well summed up Westie ;D

devocean
29-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I think if you just ask people you will find that most will give a helping hand on this site

Needmorerum
29-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Come on .....you could have at least put the poor guy in water.
Now Just go to those marks, and then head on a bearing of 8 deg for 36.6k and that will put you at least on water is SA Lake Gairdner (Bottom End).
Now that is what friends are for. Mates would take you to there SpotX after searching you for Hand held GPS's and other spying tools you may have. HAVE A SAFE TRIP

Oops, I had a look at this and I thought it put me in the water just south of Port Augusta, with Lake Torrens to the north.

Corry

baldyhead
29-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Of course you could always post marks that you want to check out yourself and if the response is verbal abuse then you know that that spot is no good... would save you heaps of fuel... and if you hear zilch then you know that it could be a goodin.
hahahaha

westie
30-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Like your way of thought there typical fisherman.
That's called " Investergative fishing"

chanquetas
30-07-2005, 04:52 AM
Ive caught some thumping red emperor at about
19° 42' S
116° 24' E
Sorry I cant be more specific but you know how it is....

agnes_jack
30-07-2005, 06:24 AM
You first Fishsmith

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D ;D

NQCairns
30-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi Baldy, I tried it!! With a couple guys here on Ausfish no abuse yet actually no feadback at all ??? glad to read you found Ausfish again! cheers nq

dad_io
30-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Oops, I had a look at this and I thought it put me in the water just south of Port Augusta, with Lake Torrens to the north.

It puts you in Nth Spencer Gulf just south of Pt Agusta

fishsmith
30-07-2005, 02:42 PM
What i was thiking for a new Forum topic should probably have been titled GPS/NAVAGATION. It just didn't read that way too clearly..Under this topic we could discuss different GPS units hand held and fixed ,tips on use,problem solving and accessories, etc...
Yes i know we as fisherman aren't going to give away our spot X's but we could log waypoints of interest like a bommie, wreck,dropoff or some other form of structure if we choose.
There are books and other websites that we could look up if we wanted to find some of these waypoints. However all other forum topics that are covered on ausfish could be looked up elsewhere as well.
Most of the gps related topics are absorbed into the Boating topic within the forum . I believe however, that a GPS topic should be a stand alone topic within this forum..Not all gps units are boat mounted, there is a few that use handheld units which are great bit of kit for the land based fisho for river,beach,dam,campsite and navigating to and fro on foot or vehicle.
There would be a wealth of knowlege and useful tips on gps/navigation amongst members of this forum that would be great to share around...

What do you all think...cheers Smithy... :D ;) ;)

fishsmith
02-08-2005, 01:56 PM
;D ;D ;D ;)