PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Blackwater

Fin_Addict
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi guys ;D
Just a quick hello to say hi guys and let you know that i'm still alive and doing well.I'm working as a Heavy Earthmoving and Equipment Fitter at the Curragh Coal Mine.It's 200km inland from Rocky. I haven't had the big boat in the water since xmas and i'm thinking of renaming her the "Lawn Trawler". Before winter arrived i made 2 trips down to Callide dam and got a 75cm and 99cm barra. I'll definately be going there again once it warms up again. Take care all and brain some fish for me when ya's head out next. Ross ;)

agnes_jack
01-08-2005, 09:57 AM
G'day Ross!!
Good to hear your'e doing well.
Is Callide the closest fishable water to where you are?
I think I would be having withdrawel symptoms living that far from the coast ;D
Not so bad if you can go get a barra now and then.
All the best to ya. :D

Regards, Tony

Fin_Addict
01-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi Tony
We have the Bedford Weir out here which is only 20kms to our north.I got a little barra out there a month ago.Its got heaps of Catties(mainly catties),Yellowbelly,Toga and Sleepy Cod.I really miss the bluewater but will be hitting that again soon.Two guys on my shift have 7m cats and head out from Roslyn Bay on their days off. I'm so keen for that ;D Ross

Randall_Bryett
01-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Mate I feel for you bro. I lived out there about 14 years ago drove taxis at night and worked in the local Betta store during the day! I also set up a little shop in my cousins garage doing reel/rod repairs and selling lures in the garage.The weir was a special place back then and Saratoga would swim up to the boat just to check out what it was! Caught a bunch on my bass lures. Most weekends I drove the mighty green Comodore to Mackay, Roslyn Bay and every second weekend back to the Sunshine Coast for fishing and surfing.

Cheers
Randall ;D

beefaman
03-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Last time I was at Emerald, the Bedford Weir was spilling over, and we headed for a fish. Got heaps of small Barra, biggest would of been 60cm if that, but was great fun ;D

Brett_Hoskin
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello mate,
just thinking about you the other day..glad to hear you are doing well.
I still reckon you would have been better off hanging out for something up here and being able to go fishing more regularly but I wont go into that. ;D ;D ;D

Dont forget to drop me a line when you get up this way

Brett

stunnedmullet
04-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Gidday Fin-Addict
Spent 2 years in Emerald and as it was the first time I had been away from the ocean it almost did me in. End up playing footy in the winter(only thing to do) and drove home to Yeppoon each Friday arvy just to see the ocean. Bush footy, rum and Club Boulevard..aahh those were the days but glad to be back on the coast. ;D
The mullet