PDA

View Full Version : The life of Marlin discovered

bugman
04-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Hello all - thought this might interest some.

The ABC's Catalyst program is running a segment on the lifecycle of marlin. Saw the promo and it looks pretty good. The website hasn't got that much info as yet but might be worth a look tomorrow night.

http://abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/promo.htm

Program goes to air at 8:00pm Thursday night for normal ABC viewers - those with digital who can see ABC 2 can see it
5:30pm Wed, 8:45pm Wed and 10:30pm Sat.

Bugman

Jethro
04-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks Bugman.

I didn't see the promo. I will be sure to have alook

HAZY
04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks BUGMAN should be interesting :o [smiley=book2.gif] [smiley=book2.gif]

Lucky_Phill
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Could be worth a look fellas, and Ladies.

Sure will beat those ' Reality " shows,

Phill

The_Tub
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Gday bugmam! :D :D

Marlin!! there is a seasonal run of small blacks where i come from ,seasonally,it is so frustrating when the water is so warm and like milk , and live pike top and bottom and still nothing.Ifish out of ballina.Idont know if you know of black head ! ??? but every year we get a big run of small blacks and x/o size barries.They seemed too get the blacks out wider, :)but never mind i slayed the mackos. If could help! or anyone else about these line burners in close ,it would be appreiciated. Ballina boys ;D ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
05-08-2005, 04:18 PM
that was incredible...

a 2cm marlin filmed free swimming (not real fast) but as the biologist said - not afraid of anything - & what a mouthful of teeth they have at that size - I wonder at what age & size they lose them...

thanks for the headsup brett.

philip_thomson
05-08-2005, 04:22 PM
all i can say is bring on summer.
little baby marlin 2cm long biting a huge man lol

bugman
06-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Can you imagine a 300kg marlin with the same set of teeth that it has at birth - oh my god - you wouldn't get too many blokes bringing them into the boat.

I thought I did it tough towing lures all over the ocean trying to find the elusive marlin. What about the scientist that stood on the bow spotting 2cm marlin in current lines and scooping them up with a hand net.

Some people are truly dedicated.

Now the question remains what happens to them between that tiny fry stage and when I catch them off the Cape ;D (if I catch them off the cape)

They've got the transcript up but no video as yet.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1430297.htm

Bugman

Dug
06-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Amazing stuff! there is so much we don't know about life in the ocean.