PDA

View Full Version : I'm Goin' Platinum Baby!

DaneCross
05-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I thought I'd take this, my 1000th post, to thank not only Mr Ausfish (Steve), but the whole Ausfish community. We've all seen these 'thank you' posts before, but, as I was saying to JB the other day, without Ausfish and its direct Q&A nature I would honestly still be fishing from the pontoon at Skinners Park and catching catfish!
Since doing my neck in (here comes the sob story - feel free not to comment) 4 years ago and ending up in a wheelchair, fishing has become my outdoors activity/pass time/passion(Before that, the surf, sun, sport and outdoors played a major part in my life). The tips, techniques, boat set-ups and general satisfaction that I have recieved since becoming an Ausfisher (8 Aug 2003) have been inaluable in making the most of my fishing trips. After all a successful fishing trip is what makes you come back for more!
I don't want to make this post an 'I love Ausfish' post but, I've met a bunch of top blokes on here, mostly through the regular crew on Live Chat. I feel like I know some of you blokes as much as I know my mates! Great chatting to you lot and (almost) bumming a ride to becoming an able fisherman through the free info available. In return I've done my best in contributing quality posts to those who 'needed' it.
Good mention must go to JB - a regular crewy on my boat. Has taught me a lot and taken me to spots I wouldn't have thought of going a few years ago. He's come along way as a fisho himself. He prepares my rigs and baits my hooks often - Cheers Mate!
Platinum baby, YEAH!
Dane

In Bugman style, here is my 1st post post, 'back in the day'...
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General;action=display;num=10603199 40

JB
05-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Congratulations mate, i have to say that a thousand posts is a pretty big achievment and im willing to bet every one of them was a worthwhile comment or bit of advice. Thanks for the appreciation on the decky part, i havta say we make a good team out on the water, and there has been many times where i've needed a bit of a "just do it ya puzzy " to get me motivated on trying new things, which sometimes has landed me a good fish.

Keep up the posts mate, we have a lot of other species to conquor yet.. *cough* marlin..

;D

Jas

Heath
05-08-2005, 06:48 PM
DC you are to be commended for your enthusiasm & never say die attitude.

May you hook up often.
( To do that though you gotta fish down this end of the coast :-X)

He prepares my rigs and baits my hooks often.

Looks like I still got to train him a bit more ;D

ba229
05-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Well done Dane.

As I said the other night (in live chat :-) ) at 1500 you get a lollypop. Much better than just turning platinum.

Anyway mate I have really learned heaps from you, especially your 4 posts that actually had something to do with fishing #;D ;D ;D

Nah you know I am joking ::)

And it is also nice to know you appreciate us guys in live chat so much #;) because we appreciate you too #:-*

See you tomorrow in "the fun room" :).

Regards

Alex

theoldlegend
05-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Congratulations DC on turning 1000!!

I've only been an Ausfush member a short time and already I've picked up heaps of tips just from reading posts from others. One of the members is building me a custom rod. Won't improve my catch, but I'll have the best looking rod at Iluka each time we go down there.

The wife reckons all I do now is read all the stuff on the site. What's wrong with that I say?

Anyway, congratulations again.

TOL

blaze
06-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Dc
the thing about reading your posts is I have never really got a hint that you have a disability ( I have read it a time or 2), to read your posts can be enlightening and at times I envy what you achieve as a fisherman. With an attatude like yours there are no barriers.
May all your dreams be fulfilled
Congrats on the 1000 and look foward to many more
cheers
blaze

jeffo
06-08-2005, 02:36 AM
bout time matey ;D ::) :P

a marlin needs to be caught hey.... see how you guys go on the goldy as the water warms, if no good i might be able to help out with one up here ;)

congrats on 1000 posts.. you have been an inspiration to me thats for sure!!

CHRIS_aka_GWH
06-08-2005, 02:51 AM
christ dane I didn't know you'd done ya neck #;)

I thought you were just the skipper ! ;D

Mate you deserve a huge pat on the back.

You're a friggin' huge inspiration to lazy bums like myself who in old age (30's) FIND crap excuses to be lazy & not chase fish with the passion of old. Your endurance astounds me.

I would hope that somewhere in my soul I could find half the man you are if I ever find myself in a similar situation. Congrats on 1000,

gotta go now, I'm getting all misty .....
ya bastard

chris

DaneCross
06-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Cheers Lads, some very kind words there, all very much appreciated! :) The wheelchair thing hasn't changed who I am and I sure as hell don't let it get in the way of what I do/dream of doing. Yep, the Marlin's coming this season for sure... I can feel it ::) ;D

The wife reckons all I do now is read all the stuff on the site. #What's wrong with that I say?

I know exactly how you feel and I'd dare say my missus knows exactly how your wife feels. If only there was a cure ;) ;D

Cheers,
Dane

3Vs
06-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Congrats

Now for 1500 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

maztez
06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
congrats DC you are an inspiration to all .Enjoy your fishing and give BREJEN or MAZTEZ a hoy if down the gold coast way fishing.
regards Maztez (Terry)

agnes_jack
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Good on ya DC
Your posts are always sensible, and good reading, you have passed on heaps of info to others, I always enjoy reading your posts.
Your enthusiasim is inspirational to us all ;)

Regards, Tony
Congrats mate, and I look forward to many more of your posts

SCOTTYGC
06-08-2005, 10:05 AM
3 cheers for dc [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

good on ya mate
keep up the good work

Im glad your not at the flatty classic this year
gives us mortals a spoting chance ;)

scotty

mackmauler
06-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Gday Dane,

been a while coming mate, you have always been one of the good guys, hope ya fishn just keeps getting better, strap ya beer hat on and drink to less arse rapings ;)

Rob

Maria
06-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Everyone's said all the good shit so I'll just say...amen. Good work bud [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. Good having you around on the site and hopefully for a long time to come.

Ben

DaneCross
06-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks again Blokes!

Gday Dane,

been a while coming mate, you have always been one of the good guys, hope ya fishn just keeps getting better, strap ya beer hat on and drink to less arse rapings ;)

RobLOL Rob, yep I've just about given up on the Bay and would gladly trade the ar$e punishing bay chop with a rolling outside swell any day.

Cheers

propdinger
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
[smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

what more can i say hmmm nope everyone covered everything

the only probs with fishing outside dane is the bar you cross has no booze ;)
unlike the pin and tanga's

cheers
jeff

DaneCross
06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
LoL Jeff, Tipplers bar may see me there on Sunday :-X Happy Birthday mate ;D

bazzaman
06-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Congrats dano! been good havn ya around on the board! Hope plenty OF FISH come aboard for you in the short term.

Cheers

Shane

rakinray
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
G/ day Dane just want to say well done mate your a true fisherman, that lets nothing stop you from doing the thing we love so much !

CHEERS RAY ;D I FEEL A SNAPPER TRIP COMING ON !

webby
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Dane this is what will happens if u go for those big swells

aquarius
07-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Dane.....1000 posts is an acheivement but fishing with your disability is an even greater acheivement.
Well done mate keep those posts flowing.
Always a good read and its only a matter of time now before you get one of those monster snapper like JB's.
Cheers Brent ;)