PDA

View Full Version : Fishinmishin's Return......Finally

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, It is finally done. Got to get all the gear from the trip cleaned but here is a preview now ;) ::).

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Definately better room then the past boat ;D.

nick_B
15-08-2005, 01:21 PM
mate well done mate, its great to see your boat finished.

make sure you post a pic of the first blood ;D

Scott15
15-08-2005, 01:56 PM
looks great jay

Big_Kev
15-08-2005, 02:45 PM
AWESOME looking boat you got there Jay.
I think I am in love, what is her number?
Or better still where's her Mama? LOL
Can you fill us in on the specs. #:-*

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 03:11 PM
The houseboat on Wave Break Island

Brejen
15-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Top shelf there Jay lookin forward to one day seeing her in the flesh and glass.... ;D
Brett

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 03:38 PM
A sunset. Well the trip was awesome. The weather could of been better :-/ but I managed to sneak offshore for two days. The trips were kept short as I had to entertain the rest of them and taxi guests to and from shore but all in all, I definetely can't complain ;D. The boat was rushed after HEAPS of STRONG pressure by me but now that it is here, I am stoked. Minor adjustments needed but the ride is awesomely balanced and dry ;D.
More bream :P then you could poke a stick at were landed but it seems throw a handfull of burley about anywhere and your on. I'll be giving them away after watching them munch the logs floated out the back from the houseboat toilet ;D :P. The maiden vouage for Fishinmishin was out to the 24s. The father in law, Wade (Tuna) and his better half and myself headed out for a late start. The new sounder and chartplotter and nothing far from amazing but with realising that the anchor had WAY too much chain and a couple guages to thick (took 3 of us to pull) we drifted for the morning. I tried but results were not there :'(.
The next day I headed out solo and it was a better story. A couple squire, knobbies, tuskies and pealies on the drift. Had a couple unstoppables which managed to collect a couple lines before hitting the reefs....one even on the 50lb :-/. Had something strong hit a large whole slimey and I was bloody excited fighting it, thinking it was a good one only to pull up the largest mac tuna I've seen :-/ :P. The fight was more consistant throughout, not like them, but he made some good burley. Stopped in to grab the wife for a quick run to 12s and managed a couple good flatties. The winds still looked kind enough so one more quick run out to 24s. Small squire, tuskies and I hit a school of trag. and pulled a couple but called it time as the fish stocks only had to feed me for a couple more days. Hopefully will get some time on the water to start getting them posts up again ;D.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 03:42 PM
The last trip outs catch. Will post other pics when film is developed. No trophies the whole trip but managed a couple nice pan size fish :).

mackmauler
15-08-2005, 04:11 PM
about time jay, a few grey hairs later ay ;D but take that balaclava off I dont want nicole getting confused :D

sits nice in the water, that will look the part trolling some bills up.

rob

DaneCross
15-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, she looks a top rig Jay. Already blooded - thats good to see. Looks like you had a few nice days down there on the houseboat. Any drunken antics this time 'round? ie Eating yabbies, midnight swimming races?? lol
Dane

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 04:48 PM
LOL Dane.....not this time. As the wife is pregnant, I thought I would be good and less drinks and all nighters and more juice and early nights ;). Here is a pic for those who don't know what your relating to ;D.
Rob, now I'm definately making you take that DNA test when the bubs is born >:(. That trip will have to be on the cards one day, finally ;).
Cheers, Jay

Kiktz
15-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Good on You Jay,

The new rig looks a treat. What the hell is he doing with a yabbie that close to mouth let alone letting it latch on

AJ

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Kev,
As the boat is custom and there is no mould for it, there is no real specs sheet yet. It's around 17' and prob just under a tonne. It is some REAL VALUE as I looked around hard for boats and was considering having to go tin until I talked to Ron. He said he'll probably consider making more the same now and you would walk away with change from $12000 :o :-* ($14000 for a Dunbier trailer also) until he realises what people are actually charging for rigs like this :-X. That includes two built in eskies, 135L underfloor tank, all electrics wired and motor fitted (motor not provided ;)), automatic beilge pump, two live bait tanks, spray curtains, upholstery, s.s. rod holders ans cleats, etc.. PM me if need info.
Also, I picked up a perfect condition ski paddle which was floating in the broadwater which is free to a good home.
Cheers, Jay

FNQCairns
15-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Jay that is a good looking rig and at $12000 what a steal!! I have some idea how many hours are involved in glass work especially one of a kind jobs.
What do you think of the full transom?

Fishinmishin
15-08-2005, 06:10 PM
After having swells inside my old rig too often, I'm pretty happy with it so far. The pod configuration seems to be riding nicely even though it doesn't follow the bottom hull line and def. helps raise the tail while stationary in swell. Time will tell with all but so far, it performs better then I hoped :).
P.S.- I payed even less as I was the test subject :o ;).
Cheers, Jay

Cyclone
16-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Looks great Jay. How did that pod go give it that bigger boat feel. Looks like the boat will be very practical and user friendly congradulations.
Andrew.

Fishin_Dan
16-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Congrats Jay! She looks even better on the water than she did out of it!!! (Like your mum and her clothes! :-X ) HA HA HA!!!

No excuses for not posting loads of reports now mate!

bidkev
16-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Welcome back jay. Nice lookin' rig and blooded already! well done mate.

cheers

kev

nickc506
16-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Mate you still got stuff for sale?
Wanted to come for a look during ekka holiday on Wed.

Thanks

DALEPRICE
16-08-2005, 01:45 PM
tip top rig you got their jay

Burley_Boy
16-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi Jay, bugger I should have got the camera up in time to show your Friday run to the 24's in full balaclava. The rig looked good on the water.

re the ski paddle?? is that a paddle ski or just a paddle :-/ just been thinking of getting the kids something to float on the Bwater on.
cheers
BB

Fishinmishin
17-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Just the paddle BB and the gear I haven't given away yet is still for sale nickc506. I'll PM you my ph # if interested.
Cheers, Jay

rando
18-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Nice rig Jay ,you'll be giving the LTs some curry in that this summer
rando

Billo
18-08-2005, 11:40 AM
DAMN FINE looking craft Jay ....enough said !