PDA

View Full Version : M & G at 1770, revisited !

Lucky_Phill
14-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes well, people, it had to happen.

After the M & G at 1770 earlier this year being a wind blown affair, with very limited access offshore, the time has come to make tracks, once more.

The Dates set down for the visit will be Saturday, October 8 - Saturday October 15. That is a 7 night stay.

The reasons for these dates are:-

The closed season on Coral Reef Fin Fish ends on the 5th.

Although the moon phases are not perfect, it will be leading into a full moon on the 17th.

For those willing to take part, you can reply here, and also get ya bookings in. If you book a house at Agnes Water, this will makes things easier to walk to and from Mini M & G's at night. ;) You Ferets who were there last time will know what I mean.

More details concerning this will be issued later. As usual, contact ( agnes-jack ) Tony, at Agnes Bait n Tackle for any requirements you'll need for your trip.

Further, Agnes Water etc now has Digital Mobile Phone service.

So, if you are going and need crew, house mates, etc etc, POST AWAY !

Cheers Phill

searaider
14-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Onya Phil ,
Put me down as a definate starter , will advise on my deckie later . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Peter
Searaider 2

Razza
14-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey all , if anyone needa a deckie count me in Boat might be finished by then but just in case its not id rather be deckie
Razza

Fishinmishin
14-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah Phill, sounds good to me :). Hopefully my boat will be done by then >:( :-/ ???. It'll be me and your mamma for sure :-X ;D, mabey more.
Cheers, Jay

snappa
14-07-2005, 06:15 PM
phill

that week 8th oct - 15th oct ... the power boat anglers club are going to 1770..
maybe the accommodation will be booked out ..?????

i will be there as crew.... ;D

SCOTTYGC
14-07-2005, 06:18 PM
thats great news snappa

we can all come bunk with you ;D

scotty

Mick
15-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Yep, will try to make it for a week end.

bugman
15-07-2005, 04:33 AM
OH my GOD !!

Can I physically handle another 1770 MG ..... hhhmmm

I'll have to think on this.

Bugman

agnes_jack
15-07-2005, 04:44 AM
You can do it Brett ;) ;D
We won't force you to drink tooooooooooo much ::)

Snappa
Should be able to squeeeeeeeze in around the powerboat anglers

Razza
Hope you remember your manners this time.

Regards, Tony

kleiny
15-07-2005, 04:52 AM
don't know if i can might have to bring the misses wedding anniversary is in that week.
kleiny

agnes_jack
15-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Tim
There will be at least a few wives there mate ;)
It would be good to see ya.

Regards, Tony

roz
15-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Brett,

You shouldn't have put in such a big effort with the last one, you have to gradually build up each time.

roz

zedjack33
15-07-2005, 06:48 AM
October...................................... :-/

No go :(

mini696
15-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Maybe... I might get up and have a long weekend.

Brooksy
15-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Come on Brett ;D
Who will lead team Bogey if your not there ???

zedjack33
15-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Are the dates up for change/debate? ???

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

DALEPRICE
15-07-2005, 12:09 PM
i should be able to make it,
on behalf of the ferets anyway
;D ;D ;D

Razza
15-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Dont worry Tony I wont bother, Thought all that shit was under the bridge.
Razza

philip_thomson
15-07-2005, 03:15 PM
i now have Anual Leave owing so hopefully i can get there this time.

anyone who is after a deckie / someone to share a cabin etc with then let me know.

cheers phil

AKA Philip_thomson

Lucky_Phill
15-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Have checked the school holiday dates, and we are good. So the accomodation side of things will be ' offpeak '.

Too bad about the PBA ( Power Boat Anglers ) going at that time, it just means a lot more fun on the airwaves as Team Ausfish kicks their collective Butts !

I know Brett, you are ' in the area ' about that time of year, so it should be no problem for you to call in, on the way home. After all, you can't let Craigie keep his Trout King Trophy. ;)

Tony ( agnes-jack ) has promised a few days of good weather this time, and he says if that does not happen, every mini M & G will be at his place, VB supplied ! ;) ;D You did say that ? didn;t you Tony ? Tony ? OK maybe he didn't, but I'm sure the weather will play the game this time. I might even take fishing gear this time, I am that confident ! ::) ::) :P

Unfortunately, Dave and Michelle ( the Bakers and de-facto Ausfish members ) will not be there, as they have moved to greener pastures, but I may be able to talk them into making the effort. The-Deckie really enjoyed the chats ' chelle ! ;D

And despite all your best efforts, ( previous 1770'ers ) I will be wearing the Lycra's. BUT, due to the overwhelming interest showed towards Greta, she is still recovering and may not be able to " handle " another M & G.

I will keep this post open, so get ya yes's in.

It is best to make your crew/ deckie and accom bookings in advance.

cheers Phill ( lycra's and all )

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
15-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Sue and I hope to be there to meet some of you people. Maybe not for the whole week, but certainly for at least a weekend or so. Really looking forward to it. :D

Cheers
Dave

Needmorerum
15-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Guess I could service the trailers and get them ready for the long haul down again. Should be good, brain cells are just about recovered from the last time.
Will inform on deckies as time gets closer.

Corry

NEWBY
16-07-2005, 05:14 AM
What the hell. I was so busy at work last time I couldnt even get away for a day.
I am in. Doesnt matter if you change dates for me either.
I will at least get a few nights down there so I can educate Tony what "Single Barrell Jack Daniels" is all about. ( I havent forgotten about you tellin' me your trout spots my friend and $90 for a bottle of single barrell will be well worth it)
I will advise on my deckie also at a later date. Probably me 8 year old son + 1 other. Little bugger is already starting to outfish me. SEAFOX.....NO you are not allowed on my boat. Or should I call you Banana Jeff? LMFAO

Fishinmishin
16-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Oh poo :-*, I'm out :'(. Adamleah was nice enough to remind me that my wife is due about then. I don't think me gone would go down too well, UNLESS...............who can be a stand in daddy for me for a week or so, anyone?
Cheers, Jay

snappa
16-07-2005, 06:57 AM
::) who do i fish with... ??? ?

wait and see which team scores the better ...thats my team yes.. ;D

lucky i donn't drink or else i would never see the water.... :P

Streaker
16-07-2005, 07:20 AM
New boat ;D maybe. The good wife may let me squeeze one more in before the Xmas break. I may be looking for 1 deckie. the new boat is a second hand 6.4 Sportsfish and may be a performer.
Wayne

dasher
16-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Brett,

You shouldn't have put in such a big effort with the last one, you have to gradually build up each time.

roz

Spot on Roz, you have to pace yourself at these events [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Tony is a seasoned campaigner and knows how to handle these situations. ;) You must rest ocassionally. ::)

Right Tony. ???

ratsack
16-07-2005, 06:38 PM
This looks interesting, just an hr or so down the road. I know Awoonga is on LSL at the time doing some barra comps, might see if he is available for the weekend.

Volvo
16-07-2005, 07:01 PM
:o Feck never seen anybody sleep standin up n still holding onto their slops.....

agnes_jack
17-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Volvo
Practise ;

Corry
Be good to see ya mate ;)

Regards, Tony

Lucky_Phill
18-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Searaider 2 & Daleprice have confirmed their booking.

Good to see you gettin in early.

With the mobile service now available, I will have my mobile on 24/7 for those who are only able to get up for a few days etc. I can confirm weather and numbers of T R O U T being caught.

Then again, if the fishing is really as good as it should be, maybe I'll tell ya the weather has turned to crap[ ;D ;)

I'll post the number now, and later down the track

0419 020 697

Cheers Phill

Derek Bullock
18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Just popped a sticky on it to keep it up top. Phill, what mobile service is it.

Derek

Needmorerum
18-07-2005, 03:10 PM
So is it set for the 8th - 15th October?

Derek, last time we only had CDMA mobile coverage, Agnes now has normal digital coverage as well as CDMA.

Corry

Derek Bullock
18-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Is that Testra or Optus ? ? ? ?

Derek

searaider
18-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Geday Derek ,
When I was up there earlier in the year , there was CDMA , Telstra service as Agnes Water & most of 1770 . When I was talking to the Real Estate lady on the Weekend I'm pretty sure she said Agnes Water now had digital service as well . Pretty sure she said it was Opus ???

Peter
Searaider 2

roz
18-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I can confirm that, I was up there just recently and my mob is with optus (digital). No problems.

Roz

vertico
18-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Im thinking about coming up for a fish, ill have to check the dates with work

CQ_Fisher
19-07-2005, 07:04 AM
DOnt know if i'll be doing the full week, but definately a couple of days ;D Come on weather do your thing and play our game

Cheers
JD

Hookem_Herby
19-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm on Optus and had no probs back in June, but Vodafone was no good. :P

Herby

trout3030
19-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Derek,
My mobile is telstra digital and it worked fine in and around Agnes and 1770. Lost service at about the 9 mile mark when heading out to fish.

agnes_jack
20-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah Guy's
Digital and cdma, telstra and optus seem to work ok, but as Herbie said, Vodaphone doesn't seem to work :-/

Regards, Tony

roz
20-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey Tony... Do you want to reserve that spot on my verandah again.

roz

Sti_Brumby
20-07-2005, 11:31 AM
when use going up to 1770 again?. My brother and myself well see use up there

agnes_jack
20-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah Roz
That spot has my name on it ;)
Or I'll have to leave earlier!!!! ;D

Regards, Tony

thedeckie
20-07-2005, 03:04 PM
That would be bloody right Iam with Vodaphone,anyway who needs a phone up there anyway,the place is too beautiful to be spoilt with the ringing of mobile phones,I prefer the sounds of caps coming off stubbies and sizzling coral trout on the barbie..........not to mention Roz's burn your a#s off chilli mud crab,still have nightmares about that.Look forward to heading back to god's country once again.

Cheers
Paul (The Deckie)

Sti_Brumby
20-07-2005, 04:24 PM
whats m & g? sorry i'm a nub :-X

Derek Bullock
20-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Meet and Greet. Another term for get together but more catchy.

Derek

Sti_Brumby
20-07-2005, 05:06 PM
oh ok, thanks. When is this happening?. Or is it invite only. I live 1 hr away from agneswaters. It would be cool to meet up

clint.

roz
20-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Paulie poo,

I will make the chilli whimps version of my chilli mud crab just for you this time.

roz

agnes_jack
21-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Alls welcome Clint ;)
We had a ball at the last one, so long as you don't mind a drink or ten, you will fit in well.

Regards, Tony

Sti_Brumby
21-07-2005, 07:44 AM
is there anywere to stay there? that is cheap?. Brother and my self loveeeeeee couple drinks :D.

agnes_jack
21-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Lots of options mate!!!
Holiday houses, caravan parks, bush camping, backpackers,holiday cabins etc etc
Depends what you want.

Regards, Tony

Needmorerum
21-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, it's set, I'm in, and I'm bringing the whole clan with me. The missus wants to come with me and bring the phsycho midgets as well.
It's been set that they won't get in the way of drinking, partying, or fishing, she just wants a week away with the kids.
How goods that, at least I know when I come home at midnight hungry, someone will be there to feed me. And she can help me wash the boats as well.
Well, see you all there,

Corry

Lucky_Phill
21-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Love ya work Corry. ;D ;D

dazza
22-07-2005, 05:00 AM
hi all,
bugger, i'm out. moving into out new house in early october.
least i have insured the weather will be perfect for the week for you lucky buggers
cheers
dazza

JB
22-07-2005, 10:06 AM
How goods that, at least I know when I come home at midnight hungry, someone will be there to feed me. And she can help me wash the boats as well.

.... bloody hell where do i get me one of those!! ;D :P Do i get a discount if i want 3 :P

Sti_Brumby
22-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Do they come in different colours ::)

Needmorerum
22-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry guys, all mine. I guess I shouldn't be telling you that she gets up before me every morning to iron my work clothes and get me breakfast while I'm in the shower. To top that off, I have no idea what I am having for lunch until I get there, she persists to make my lunch for me as well.
Sometimes, I just don't know what to do with myself.

Ooops, gotta go, she just made me another rum.

Corry

Sti_Brumby
22-07-2005, 02:48 PM
wanna swap ;D :-X

Needmorerum
22-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Oh yeay, forgot this bit,

Dazza, that's no good, was looking forward to catching up, I'll have a few rums for you.
NoFrills, where are you, are you venturing up? I got confirmation on my booking for a house today, so all's set.

Corry

roz
22-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Anybody looking for accommodation, one of the better agents at Agnes Water is Endeavour Realty, their number is (07) 49749499 ask for Madonna Lyell.

For more detail go to www.beachesof1770.com.au where you can view holiday listings.

seafox
23-07-2005, 04:20 AM
I will definitely try and get down this time maybe only for the weekend though no holidays left
Newby will bring a big bunch of bananas for ya
Corry your I will definitely try and get down this time maybe only for the weekend though no holidays left
Newby will bring a big bunch of bananas for ya
Corry your wife got a sister or mother

cheers
Jeff

seafox
23-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Stuffed that up

agnes_jill
23-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Corry
What is Chantelle's email address?
I definately have to have a word with that girl!!! ;D ;D ;D
Regards Sandi

NEWBY
23-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Stuffed that up #
Eh Jeff,
Your writing skills are on an even par with your deckhand skills. You stuff em both up #;D
Now stick ya bannanas where the sun dont shine ya cheeky bugger.
Corry,
Your missus musta come from the same mold as mine. I got home at 4am one morning, blind drunk, smelling of perfume and lipstick on me shirt. She got up, let me in, made me a coffee and asked if I had a good time. :-/ Now thats dedication to the hubby. She did ask where the lippy came from and I of course had a good explanation which was accepted and never mentioned again.
No puss or pain and she has not nagged me in 11 years. She is either the best wife in the world or is having an affair....lol
Agnes Jill, keep out of it. We don't need our wives educating on how to make ya man miserable. ;) (Tony, dont worry about this trout spots mate, I will share a bottle of single barrel jacks with ya anyway. I reckon ya might have earned it ;D)

agnes_jack
23-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Newby
Yeah mate, Agnes Jill is a shocker !!!!!!!
Bought me a tackle store when I said I hated my old job, runs the shop when I want to go fishing, cooks dinner when I get home, allows me any tackle in the shop whenever I want, drinks as much JD as I do, scrubs my back in the shower, what an old bag ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D

roz
23-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Good onya Tony!

Roz

thedeckie
23-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Thats crap Tony,she's can drink more JD than you!!!!!!!!!
PS: Look'n forward to a beer/JD in October

Cheers
Paul (The Deckie)

agnes_jack
24-07-2005, 03:42 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

NEWBY
24-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Newby
Yeah mate, Agnes Jill is a shocker !!!!!!!
Bought me a tackle store when I said I hated my old job, runs the shop when I want to go fishing, cooks dinner when I get home, allows me any tackle in the shop whenever I want, drinks as much JD as I do, scrubs my back in the shower, what an old bag ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D
Mate!!!!!
I don't know how you put up with that sorta behaviour.
It should be banned.
I think I will have to have a serious word or 2 with Jill over a jacks or 3 when I get down there. Ya can't go around treatin' ya man like that. It's just not cricket now is it? Disgraceful.

agnes_jack
24-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Newby
I forgot to add that she bought me a new tinny for christmas, a 40hp yammy for easter, and a new color sounder for the hell of it!!!!

We may have to team up and see if we can out-drink her ;) ::)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D

NEWBY
24-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Newby
I forgot to add that she bought me a new tinny for christmas, a 40hp yammy for easter, and a new color sounder for the hell of it!!!!

We may have to team up and see if we can out-drink her ;) ::)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D
Then a team effort it shall be.
I will put my missus on Jills side (she hardly ever drinks) and we may be in with a fighting chance here.
Just one question?????? What did you do that was so wrong to Jill that made her buy ya a yammy? lol ;D just kidding.

agnes_jack
24-07-2005, 07:58 AM
That question could only come from someone who should have a yammy ;)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D

gawby
24-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Yep this sounds mighty fine to me. I will bring Brejen and Maztez with me as long as things work out. We will prob camp at the caravan park? Hope it works out and see ya there.

Graeme

NEWBY
26-07-2005, 07:14 AM
That #question could only come from someone who should have a yammy ;)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D

Yeah ya right old fella. I only have a shitty old 150 optimax on my old pig. Should look at tradin' it in I reckon. Although the fuel economy is a bit of alright. about 1.1 ltrs per NM. Maybe I'll avta hang on to it a bit longer. Then I will look at a yammy eh? Truth is Tony, I have gotten to know me optimax so well now that I reckon the thing would run on Jacks. Another year I reckon the damn thing will distill it for me.lol. ;D

Mossie
27-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry for been dumb but what is the M & G

Sti_Brumby
27-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Meet and Greet. I asked that question to hehe

Girella
30-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Tony
How is the jack fishing in October ?

PK

agnes_jack
30-07-2005, 08:56 AM
G'day Girella
The jacks are generally coming back on the chew by mid September, should be nearly firing well by october, chance of barra at that time too.
It's a pretty good time all round, lots of different pelagics in close to the headlands, reefies go well, big flathead, jacks and the odd barra in the estuarys.

Regards, Tony

Girella
30-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Stop it ! Stop it !

I'm packed already.

Thanks mate.

Sti_Brumby
30-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Went there today, with no luck. Got 3 yakka's. thats about it. Quite shity drift there..

agnes_jack
30-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Sti Brumby
Gotta know where to go and when.
Shoulda give me a yell.
The yakka's are so thick at the moment, they blacked out the screen on the sounder from 80ft depth on the bottom, to 20ft from the surface on wednesday. Where did you fish?

Regards, Tony

Sti_Brumby
30-07-2005, 11:57 AM
i fished the cat walk from 6 to 11:30. and also had a browse in your takle shop too :-X

agnes_jack
31-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Land based has been very quiet for the last 2 weeks, most of the spanish are out wide, only heard of a couple of bluefin in close, and a few early morning tailor.
You would have been better to target the flathead in the estuary, and around the rocky areas near the start of the headlands.

About sept. the catwalk starts to fire back up.
Should have introduced yourself, discounts for Ausfishers is standard. ;)

Regards, Tony

Sti_Brumby
31-07-2005, 07:47 AM
we will next time, as we didn't really now witch takle shop was yours as theres 2?.

agnes_jack
31-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Mines the one with fishing gear in it.
The other one is a milk bar ;) ;)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D ;D

Sti_Brumby
31-07-2005, 07:58 AM
ah ok lol ;D

Lucky_Phill
09-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Only 8 weeks to go Ferets, get ya bookings in and post details here.

Have spoken to Marvin Mackerel and Charlie Trout, and both expect to have their friends and relatives around for October.

Further, Bruce...........the weather God, said he's going on holidays about that time, and asked me to put ina request for future weather patterns...........any suggestions ?

Phill

Sti_Brumby
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
we will be up there around then also. We probably just drive up for the day and come home if the weather goes shity

Needmorerum
09-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm booked and paid up in the Beechcomber. (Dazza and No Frills stayed in this one last time. Sorry Scotty (No Frills), thought I'd better get in quick and get the nice one)

Corry

PS. Phill, would it be worth firing off another thread for confirmations, contact, and accomodation details. This one is getting a bit long. Just a thought.

SCOTTYGC
10-08-2005, 04:28 AM
ok im in
got the nod from work today
so now im looking for somewhere to stay

anyone with a spare bed let me know
i will be leaving early on the 8th from the gold coast and dragging up the tinny
scotty

Girella
10-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Phill or Tony

Can you advise which of the 3 caravan parks is best placed for the mini M&Gs ?

PK

Lucky_Phill
10-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, PK, the mini M & G's so far will be at Kahunas Bar & Grill, Corry's place ( beechcomber ), Roz's place ( sunlover ), so that is 3. Anyone who gets a place can have a M & G, but surely after a long days Trouting, Jacking, Mackereling, one will tend to pull up a tad tired. so not every night will be a ' Hoot "...............maybe ;) ??? ::)

I will start another thread here soon regarding the times and places, and get pepole to post their address's for there.

I'm sure Tony can help as well, and we'll leave THAT thread open for responses to that particular cause.

Like last time, Boats, call signs, houses, names etc can be added, and just maybe, we'll be out on the water enough times to put these to use.

Stay tuned for new thread. 59 days to go. But who's counting ;) ;D ::) :P

Phill

Sportfish_5
10-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Lots of Luv Shacks up there :o

possible starter as well depending on work.

Greg

agnes_jack
11-08-2005, 04:06 AM
If anyone needs help with accomodation or anything else for that matter, just give me a yell.

We are due for some success with the weather.
I hear Phil has taken responsibility with organizing that ;D
Its agood time of the year around here with most pelagic species being available in around the headland, the jacks are chewing and possible barra.
There are still big flathead, queenies etc available at that time and the reefies usually fire. The crabs can also be good at that time of year, so we may be able to con Ros into some "yummo chilli mud crab".
The timing is right, just hope Phil has got the weather organised ;) ;)
Regards, Tony

DNO40
11-08-2005, 06:33 AM
I'll be there at least a couple of days (Day Trips) and maybe crash in the two man tent somewhere one night, but will definately get down to meet a few more fellow Ausfishers.

agnes_jack
11-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Girella
Most of the action last time was scattered between agnes and 1770, but it was probably more action in agnes. Either way you still have to travel for at least one or two mini m&g's

Regards, Tony :-/

Sti_Brumby
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
is there normally action on teh rocks at that time? :-/

SCOTTYGC
13-08-2005, 07:03 AM
i have a house booked with Girella , so we have a couple of spare rooms if anyone needs a room for the week
good cheap rates and great veiws

send me a message or gaive me a call for details
scotty

searaider
18-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Bump

ColacGirl
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Oops, wrong thread. Reply deleted.
Sorry for dragging this out of the archives