PDA

View Full Version : Is A North Easter final

rando
21-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Every Time ive attempted to fish in a North Easter its been a total waste of time. Is this universal or
are there times or places where a NEer does not shut everything down?

I was expecting a South westerly change to come through early this evening, so made the trip down to Fingal to fish for tailor & jew . first bait hit the water about 4.30 and fished till 8.30 with livies and fresh fillets , kept a good burley stream going the whole time,,, not one touch. Bloody NEer , Had everything else right; Moon ,Tide, bait ,location.

Anybody else do any good down the tweed area today?

jaybee
21-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Rando when i use to live down the tweed we use to sweat on the arvo ne sea breeze when fishing out the back of cook. it seems to get the current running down hill, and we could hang on the anchor properly. Always had our best night trips with ne breeze.
cheers
Joe

rando
21-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Interesting JB,
Im landbased, so there is a difference there, but good to hear that in some circumstances it is still worth a go

roz
21-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi Rando,

Would have to agree with joe there, although up north (Agnes/1770) if a North easterly hung around for a few days the water temp would drop a little and the mackeral would go a bit quiet, I have no idea why.

As far as estuary fishing went, I don't think it seemed to change.

roz

rando
22-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks Roz
In moreton Bay it seems to have a strong negative effect, but the guys in the tackle shop I visit down south, Ballina way,say the NEer is good for fishing.
My own experience is, if its a Northerly of any type just dont bother
Do any of you other fishers agree?rando

Custaro
22-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I have always found a NE'ly to be a good fishing wind direction. Anything more to the North and through to NW would put everything off.