PDA

View Full Version : Some tips please.

major-defect
24-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone got any tips for fishing at Bramston Beach.I'll be shore based,camping in the natinal park. Thanks Paul.

Poseidon
24-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Ahhh, memories of a bygone time camping at Bramston Beach come flooding back. We used to camp in the camping grounds first on the beach as you come in to town, at the time it was run by the council I think.Every long weekend or chance we could get there we would go, I was living just South of Cairns at the time. Can't help you too much with fishing spots as we would only concentrate on getting a feed of pippies on the high tide, many times we humped for miles back to camp along the beach with a bucket of pippies . We would BBQ and boil pippies and wash down with much beer, the simple life. We sometimes threw a line in off the rock wall at the beach and catch mainly sharks, not too much else. This was around 20 years ago, I'd guess the pippies have long since disappeared but it is still a lovely location. I called in there on my last trip driving to Cairns and noticed how the erosion has changed the landscape.
Hope you enjoy camping there, the area has a very relaxing feel about it.
Regards Cameron.

major-defect
25-08-2005, 05:46 AM
As far as i know the pippies are still there but small.