PDA

View Full Version : TFPQ - Newsletter

dasher
23-08-2005, 11:42 AM
http://www.idealists.com/tfpq/

This is the link to The Fishing Party Qld newsletter (many thanks to Tonym ;)) I must convey a huge thank you to our editor (Just voted in ;D ;D ::)) Marty for the hard work he has put in for no reward, apart from helping our cause. Take a bow Marty, well done mate.

Cheers Daryl

gunna
23-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Thats a pretty good news letter - well done. Getting that sort of information out to the general masses can only be a good thing [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

dasher
23-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Thats a pretty good news letter - well done. #Getting that sort of information out to the general masses can only be a good thing #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] #

Thanks gunna, the positive feedback is most appreciated mate and hopefully we can get out a newsletter on a more regular basis. (Ooops was that noise of Marty fainting #[smiley=huh2.gif] ;D ;D)

Cheers Daryl

Jeremy
23-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Congratulations on a very fine newsletter. Maybe some tackle shops could display them to try to increase public awareness? Do you have any plans to promote the fishing party at the Brisbane Boat Show?

Jeremy

kc
23-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi Jeremy, resources, both human and finacial do not allow us the opportunity to be at the boatshow this year. That is likely to change in the year before the next election.

We are using what time and resoures we have to fight some other battles at present but hopefully, with growing support and the assistance of the industry which lives of "us" we can position ourselves for a more high profile run at the next polls.

In the meantime the best we can do is take up the fight on issues which are important to rec fishers, both at a national and state level.

Regards

KC

blaze
23-08-2005, 04:10 PM
top effort on the news letter, worth a read by everybody
cheers
blaze

TonyM
23-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Dasher forgot to mention who organised the whole thing and spent many hours on the phone and computer co-ordinating it all - Himself!

Great effort Dasher, and Marty has made it look fantastic! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

dasher
23-08-2005, 07:51 PM
top effort on the news letter, worth a read by everybody
cheers
blaze

Thanks Rob hopefully TFP will get involved in Tassie too mate!!! ::)

dasher
23-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Dasher forgot to mention who organised the whole thing and spent many hours on the phone and computer co-ordinating it all - Himself!

Great effort Dasher, and Marty has made it look fantastic! #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Tony. but no fair mate. Marty was the man who put in the hard yards. By the way a big thanks to you for our web page buddy. Excellent mate. :P

dasher
23-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Congratulations on a very fine newsletter. Maybe some tackle shops could display them to try to increase public awareness? Do you have any plans to promote the fishing party at the Brisbane Boat Show?

Jeremy

Eeer we wouldn't be too upset if you printed out a few copies for your local tackle shop. ;) ::) Thanks for the reply Jeremy. :)

TonyM
23-08-2005, 08:41 PM

Great effort Dasher, and Marty has made it look fantastic! #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Tony. but no fair mate. Marty was the man who put in the hard yards. By the way a big thanks to you for our web page buddy. Excellent mate. :P

ummm about the web page maybe we can do a little better ;D If you haven't completely worn Marty out maybe he could help with design? Or are there any Graphic Designers out there who love fishing enough to help for a pat on the back? I've designed plenty of sites but normally rely on a real artist to help help make it look good! :-? (sorry spent all of 10 seconds putting the page up) :-/

Daintreeboy
23-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm printing a few out for the Cairns shops, hopefully I'll have them all covered by the weekend.
Cheers, Mark.

luigi
23-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Good stuff fellas! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Great to see a membership application included. I don't wish to be pedantic about this, but why can't the same application be shown of the Fishing Party website?

Surely it would better (& more professional I suspect) for an intending member to be able to print off an application instead of having to dick around with incorrect/inappropriate forms &/or request the proper membership application form be sent out by snail-mail. [smiley=dizzy.gif]

dasher
23-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm printing a few out for the Cairns shops, hopefully I'll have them all covered by the weekend.
Cheers, Mark.

That's sensational Mark, wish we had few more like you mate. A big well done. :)

dasher
23-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Good stuff fellas! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Great to see a membership application included. #I don't wish to be pedantic about this, but why can't the same application be shown of the Fishing Party website?

Surely it would better (& more professional I suspect) for an intending member to be able to print off an application instead of having to dick around with incorrect/inappropriate forms &/or request the proper membership application form be sent out by snail-mail. [smiley=dizzy.gif]

Thanks for replying luigi, it's a bit hard at the moment with Vic NSW and Qld all trying to make an inroad into the political scene. I'm sure as momentum grows so will our internet skills ;) The main website is the NSW/Fed branch and we are slowly trying to establish our own. Be patient we are going to make a difference. :)

bigdan123
24-08-2005, 07:57 PM
well done dasher
its good to see a postive response to all the hard work that has been done.

dan

keen_as_mustard
25-08-2005, 11:12 AM
...just got up off the floor (after fainting that is!) - just kidding.

Glad the newsletter is being received well - I may have done the art, but Dasher (and KC) did the real work they so deserve the praise.

As for the website TonyM, I'm still game. I have done a few in my time, so know a bit about it. If you, or Dasher/KC, forward me some info for what you would like on there I will knock something together. Once we get to a final concept I will need upload details, but for know I can post on a dummy site for testing.

As Dasher knows, I don't exactly get things done straight away - but I will get them done! On that note, I will be away for the weekend, so don't expect me to reply till Monday at the earliest.

Anything we can do to support the TFP is only helping ourselves. I too will print a few out a few to throw on the counters of a few of the Gold Coast tackle shops.

Marty

kc
25-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Be advised we are printing 500 newsletter at a special rate Marty has arranged and will mail these out to members who do not have, or have not supplied, email adresses. Any spares will be sent to trade.

This is still a $1000 exercise and comes from the personal pockets of individuals.

If you are member and have not supplied an email adress please PM me and this will allow more newsletter to be sent to industry.

Regards

KC