PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THIS

Bosunsmate
26-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Northern fishing plans sparks responses
The Queensland Government has finished the first stage of a consultation period for its proposed changes to a fishing area off Townsville.

Waters between Cape Cleveland and Ross River would become a fish habitat area under the Government's plan.

It means recreational and commercial operators could still fish in the area, but private boat ramps and jetties would be prohibited.

John Beumer from the Department of Fisheries says there have been about 25 written responses to the proposal.

"We've got a number of submissions from individuals and organisations making comment on what we call an area of interest plan," he said.

"What we're doing at the moment is looking at those submissions and towards the end of September this year we'll be sending out a second draft plan for comment."

theoldlegend
26-08-2005, 02:32 PM
What impact would private jetties and boat ramps have on the area, compared to commercial operations?

Seems a bit strange to me. I'm starting to get very nervous about this whole set up, what with closures etc, chipping away bit by bit.

Are we being softened up over time for a knockout punch? I wonder. Who's the person who's associated with the Fishing Party? Might be time to take a different view of my long held ideals.

TOL