PDA

View Full Version : Not a good couple of weeks

theoldlegend
26-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Hasn't been a good couple of weeks: a man taken by a croc, 4 teenagers killed in a car smash, 2 people drowned in a capsize and a diver taken by a shark.

We can only offer support to the friends and families of those unfortunate souls.

Lets hope we all have something better to look forward to in the future.

TOL

Bosunsmate
26-08-2005, 07:54 AM
The 1st mate and I reckon we are gonna have to reboot our systems at the end of the month and restart all of our peripherals in the hope that we can shed the virus that has been August.........

NeilD
26-08-2005, 08:45 AM
They are all terrible events but all involved some degree of risk taking on behalf of the victims. Part of the thrill is knowing there is an element of danger but being confident that nothing bad will happen to you.
Sometimes you are wrong:-[.

Neil

scuttlebutt
26-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Well said Neil. Taking risks can go both ways.

cheers,

steve

theoldlegend
26-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Points taken, Horse and Scuttlebut. I agree with what you are saying, but afraid I have to side with Bosunsmate on this one, mainly for the sorrow that the families and friends are going through.

Did anybody see the news last night where the father of Jarrod Stehbens was giving a media interview? That bloke has got guts, believe me. No way I could have done it.

Anyway, best leave it alone. Lets look ahead.

TOL