PDA

View Full Version : wreck?

steveau
25-08-2005, 07:57 AM
hello to all! I have been told that there is a wreck of and old cattle barge?.. near the yellow csiro
marker bouy between cleveland pt and peel is...but have been unable to find it.I was wondering if anyone has any info on it...would be grateful for any replies...

ps...have just bought my first boat...an ally craft 410 topender with a 4o yamaha so am just getting used to it #::).....

westie
25-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Have a look in Mariners Notices, I found some local one's the other day and seem to remember that one was there.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/QT/noticem.nsf/(ByNumber)?OpenNavigator&Start=1&Count=1000&ExpandView

Westie

StevenM
25-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Dont know about a cattle barge, know of a housboat. Line up Hanlon light with the green marker boy off the mid west side. Approx 100 metres in line away from the marker. Not much left as had a lot of anchors draged through but u should be able to find it.

Steven

steveau
27-08-2005, 07:02 AM
:) Thanks for the replies...

Knew of the house boat thanks Hi-Yo...will continue to try to find the barge...and if i do i will post the location here

marlinj
27-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Have a check at www.diveoz.com.au theres info and locations of wrecks there...

kitty_cat
27-08-2005, 03:20 PM
mate the guys at v.m.r cleavland told me its a tram from the old cooperoo tram line
anyway have sounded something a few times over the years and caught plenty of fish on the westernside
wayne