25-08-2005, 11:35 PM
bit like big kev
i'm excited
cheers
blaze

theoldlegend
26-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Geez Blaze,

It's only a mob of recalcitrants looking for an excuse to play up something fierce. The boats and gear are only for appearances. Reminds me of when I used to work in the Forestry Dept (sorry: employed in the Forestry Dept) and we'd go out on these charter trips; the gear was only just a byproduct. One bloke fell overboard one night. We found him.

If you need any assistance when you get to Brisbane, send me a PM. Actually, I'll send you one.

Needmorerum
26-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Good onya Blaze, this is devotion to a cause. Looking forward to killing some brain cells with you.
May be able to get you into a boat while your there too. I'm taking both of mine, and I'm sure I can fit you in when going out the front. Got the family with me, but can't see them coming out to much with me.

Corry

CHRIS_aka_GWH
26-08-2005, 07:45 PM
someone responsible should start to prepare an ice bath for the poor mexican bastard - it will be OCTOBER in faaar sorta southern Qld afterall y'know.

& tell him not to feed the penguins with the big beaks.

blaze
26-08-2005, 08:06 PM
ha ha, from memory (thats fading and getting selective) last time I was in brissy, about 15 years ago all these bloody queenslander were running around in coats (middle winter), me wearing shorts. Somehow I will cope, any crocs there, may need a swim or three
cheers
blaze

Big_Kev
26-08-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm so excited its lucky Big Kev makes a stain remover.

roz
27-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Blaze,

Hope you can make it around to my place for a drink and a BBQ.

The crocs only eat Tasmanians.

roz

blaze
27-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Roz
going to try and meet as many ausfisher as I can, said it before, going to be like a fish outa water. Really dont know what to expect or what to take as far as gear goes. might end up taking a hanful of reels and a couple of smaller rods and paying a visit to Tony at the tackle shop and spending some $ on what I will want/need. As I said somewhere else, mate mark is also coming, he is also an ausfisher with only a hanful of posts. Our wish list is Barra, jacks, marlin, better stop wishing I think
anyway
counting days
cheers
blaze

agnes_jack
28-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Blaze
Barra, jacks, Marlin.......Not a problem, then if you want to get serious, we could go outside the bar, and chase some reefies!!

I kid you not, we actually hooked a 30-40kg black on the bar about 6 weeks before christmas last year. :o :o :o

They are back around the bait grounds this year, and usually hang about till after christmas. Oct is also the right time for all the pelagics around the headland, big cobes, spanish, longtails, schoolies, spotties, etc, all are possibles at that time of year, around the headland.

Fingers crossed, Regards, Tony