PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself to a good forum!

ang
22-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Ok just thought I would introduce myself.

I came from another forum and left because of some small minded people :'( and from what I have been told this is a great forum for everyone of all sex and age. I hope this is true.

Im Angela & I am from Brisbane and love fishing {obviously} ;D I am moving soon to NSW for work and hope I can make some new friends with the same interests. Its scary moving :-/ I dont have a boat but maybe with my new job and the pay increase I can afford it :)

Hopefully there are some other females on here in this male dominated sport!

Thanx for having me ;)
Ang

Scott15
23-08-2005, 07:51 AM
hey ang, yep this is a great forum! should have a bit of fun in here. Yeah there are a few other girls on this site.

-spiro-
23-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Ang
why would you want to move to NSW? QLD has the best of everything! ;D
Welcome
other ladies include Saphire and Jugs :D

DR
23-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Ang
why would you want to move to NSW? QLD has the best of everything! ;D
Welcome
other ladies include Saphire and Jugs :D
don't foget Roz &..........quick, some thinking music...... welcome ange

major-defect
23-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Welcome Ang.Go up not down.

Goldy16
23-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the site Angela. I know you'll have a ball here the guys are friendly lol. Enjoy you're new job you never know maybe a new boat in the future ;)

Cheers

Christine

nonibbles
23-08-2005, 10:51 AM
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] Hello, welcome, enjoy. Yeah we're not a bad lot.

Mad_fisherman
23-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Laughs that other site would not of involved net and fish...........

Welcome I am only new myself but the people are really friendly and more then willing to help out on the forums nothing like the other sites where there are let's say intellectually challenged people.

Where abouts in NSW are you moving? I have done a limited amount of fishing on the south coast. Might be able to give you some tips also BA299 lives in NSW round Newcastle I believe he might have some local info too.

Enjoy.

MAD!

squidgiepalmer
23-08-2005, 12:00 PM
welcome ang this site is not male dominated some very good fishers here if you are moving my way give me a e-mail North Coast NSW will be able to put yoiu on to some fish
cheers squidgie

dasher
23-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Welcome aboard ang, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. ;)

Geez you bunch are a fickle lot, only just put the shop on the market and you've forgotten her already. >:( My apologies sandi for this bunch of rabble. ::) Oh well there goes the 10% discount ya dills. ;D

Mad_fisherman
23-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Maybe she was scared off it says EX member under her name!

lol

rando
23-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Good on ya dasher , you beat me to it.
Welcome Ang, what type of fishing do you favour.?
Like you, Im landbased ,& my favourite type of fishing is off the rocks,because of the variety of species you can get.
You'll enjoy this forum, lots of good people on here.
Cheers
rando

ba229
23-08-2005, 01:30 PM
also BA299 lives in NSW round Newcastle I believe he might have some local info too.

Jeez I live in Newcastle too. Maybe I should seek out this BA299 you speak of :-)

As for ba229 having any valuable fishing info that is all rumour and hearsay ;)

Welcome to the site

Bosunsmate
23-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Welcom ang, good luck saving for a boat especially with the cost of living in NSW.....most expensive place in Aus.....

theoldlegend
23-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome Angela!! 8-) There are some pretty switched on ladies who contribute to this site.

I'm sure you'll learn a lot here, just like I have. I'm still learning.

Welcome again.

TOL

slugo
23-08-2005, 03:39 PM
welcome ang ; ausfish is a great site and everyone is more than helpful. don't let the northerners tell you bad things about NSW. just pay all the taxes on time and you will be ok ;D I fish port stephens if you need any info of the area just let me know.

len

ang
23-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanx people
What is ex member by the way?
I mainly fish for whiting now but getting bored with it very quickly but they are the easiest for me to catch #;D

Have caught a few other fish but not worth telling you #:'(

Does anyone dive here?

Thanx again
Ang

saphire
23-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Laughs that other site would not of involved net and fish...........

Welcome I am only new myself but the people are really friendly and more then willing to help out on the forums nothing like the other sites where there are let's say intellectually challenged people.

`

Hello Ang,
It is so nice that you joined the site. #It is a lot of fun here. #Mad says that the intellectually challenged people are on the other sites, but I like all the intellectually challenged people here to. [smiley=scholar.gif]
I hope you get to #buy a boat soon. #They are so much fun. #You dont have to be very muscular and strong to get your boat on the water, you just have to plan smarter.
I have learned so much from the members of this site and they continue to help out in so many ways.
Have heaps of fun :)
saphire.

ang
23-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks all you friendly people ;D

wiseguy67
27-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi and welcome, you ask if anyone dives here, I am a DM. if your looking for a buddy I maybe able to go. Check out a site called diveoz.com.au
see ya around, Gerard

theoldlegend
27-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Goldy 16,

Christine, where are you?

We need more posts from you to even up everything!!

In your corner, you've got Roz, Saphire and Ang. I know that Roz and Saphire can go and mix it with the best of them, and outfish them, so don't be frightened to ask questions. You too, Ang.

The thing I like about this site is that other people sometimes ask the questions that I've been too embarrased to ask. No one seems to worry or call you a dxxk head, but offer advice as they understand it. That's the good thing about it.

So get into it and enjoy.

TOL

roz
27-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Welcome aboard Ang,

I fish NSW north coast, if you are ever in the area.

roz.

James_V17L
27-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the site Ang...I am fairly new to the site also & have enjoyed it enormously & have learnt heaps.....I have met several awesome people from this forum on the occasional fishing days we have organised...dont know what this female fishing thing is :-/ :-/,I have had the pleasure to go fishing a few times with Leanne Payne & I was embarressed to put my line in the water :-[ :-[..women are awesome anglers..

agnes_jill
28-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Welcome Aboard Ang,
Glad to see more ladies joining even if lots of these blokes forget we exist like whats his name and thingamebob!!;D

Dasher Thanks mate!! You are a true gentleman. Your always there to defend me. Rando your discount has gone up to 15% too.

Cheers mate you should enjoy it here
Sandi