PDA

View Full Version : Perfect day in S E Qld

theoldlegend
03-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Ah, the third day of Spring!! The blankets have come off the bed, the mowing is done, the weather is perfect, the parrots are in the grevilleas and life is good. Who would want to live anywhere else?

The Health Inquiry has been shut down due to some smart legal and political manouvering, a magistrate has been given just under half a million plus her job back, and the various local councils, after years of sprouting how good it is to live in the S E corner, have just discovered that we don't have enough water because it didn't occur to them that maybe, just maybe, more dams might be needed to cater for the influx of people settling here.

Yes folks, life is good. Come and live here.

TOL

straddie
03-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Bit quick off the mark taking the blankys off already TOL, still two weeks of cold weather between now and the end of October to come :o

warrior
04-09-2005, 08:59 AM
took my covers off and then back on again,the other thing you wrote about is normal isnt it?

houndog
04-09-2005, 08:12 PM
The thing which annoys me the most is the GOVERNMENT have decided to ban Sprinkers at the end of this month. Why wait till then, it should have been done at the start of this Month. Water is the most precious thing on the earth. People just expect to turn on a Tap, but one day they will go to turn the tap on,
and guess what?

szopen
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
In the place where I live (Southern China) it has been raining since the end of Feb.

Plenty of water.
Anybody wants to change places?

MOZ
05-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey szopen

Can you bottle some rain and send it over?? We could sure use it!

MOZ

gunna
05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
My missus just spent a week on the Gold Coast before flying back to 14 degrees in Sydney on Saturday. Hasn't got much warmer since. She is fairly keen to get back to Qld soon as ;D ;D.

S.S.
05-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Hmmm. Maybe the government shouldn't have bowed to public pressure and built Wolfedeen Dam all those years ago. We could have had another bass dam close to Brisbane PLUS another water supply. ;)

I've got rainwater tanks and have survived for the last 12 years without having to buy water. A tank should be mandatory for every new house, even if the water's only used for flushing the loo, watering the garden or washing the car.