PDA

View Full Version : latest shark attack

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Leave the bloody sharks alone! In their territory, they're in charge. Culling because someone get bitten is absolute nonsense. Do we all head out and cull snakes when someone is bitten; or spiders; wasps; or mosquitoes; or.............ok I'll shut up.

Dave

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
05-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd like to see some shore based culling................ child sex offenders, rapists, murderers, and bastards who bash the elderly. Culling those mongrels would be enjoyable and oh so easy!

Dave

propdinger
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
ahhh if a shark ate me it would die anyway from eating a bad meal. if your in the water where they are known to be its YOUR call to be there so YOU take full responcabilty for your own actions imo. more people are getting biten or taken by sharks lately which is why i reckon people are getting worried but not many of these people think of how many are taking up surfing or diving which is why there is more atacks.

my point of view anyway

mackmauler
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
They are already culled in large numbers, deliberately targetted by shark nets and drum lines.

thats criminal as it is, especially given the restrictions to gamefishing for them on any level, total hypocrisy.

scuttlebutt
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Was watching news about the latest shark attack in S.A.

The guy reckons it's the first time he's even seen a Great White in twenty years of surfing at the same locations.
So now they should be culled....

Isn't South Australia known for it's high concentration of Great White's? And this guy sees his first one while swimming in their home (admittedly while it was chewing on his leg) and now they should be culled?

thoughts?

cheers,

steve

philip_thomson
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
SHARKS SHOULD NOT BE KILLED FOR ATTACKING/KILLING SOMEONE.

chemmy
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
cull them >:( >:( >:(

basserman
05-09-2005, 08:11 PM
be stuffed they need a cull
if your swimming surfing in a area know for then and where the seals also sure the breaker in the prime breeding session for great white then you would need to expect something to happen sooner or later
my family know that if anything like that ever happend to me i would want nothing to happen as it is nature

still makes me laugh atleast in SA they don't go out and hunt the sharks straght away like they do in WA

bloody shark was only saying hello anyway ;)

philip_thomson
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Well said shannon. like wise ive told my parents if i ever get taken my a shark they WILL NOT have the shark killed

fishingnottake
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
bah was only a love bite , far as i'm concerened if rodney fox and his 500 stiches can forgive the shark, then so can this guy ::) i'm not saying i wouldn;t extremly upset if i was the chewee but that's still no grounds to go killing sharks, what about all the sharks who don't take a nibble, it;s like having a random cull of dogs everytime someone gets bitten....

krtazy
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
i recently read a spearfishing forum and there was a bloke from west oz telling his story about free diving and spearing. He said something along the lines of "on my way back up i saw a great white so once i reached the boat i had to wait a minute before going back down" i doont know about you but i think that this is asking to be berley. :o. I think that most surfers respect the ocean for what it is and its dangers and the shark was only doing what its instincts tell it to. I am with you mackmauler they already get culled enough

houndog
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
The blokes a Fruit cake? People need to understand, as the food chain is slowing drying up these Sharks will come closer & closer to shore to seek out food. People should leave these magnificent creatures alone. One must remember where in there environment. PS- If you start "Culling Sharks" why don,t we start culling Human Beings One must remember what some of them do to their fellow beings. Remember whats good for the Goose is Good for the Gander. Hey?

saphire
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
The Great White got one of his mates to take a photo to put on the aushuman site to show his fishy online community.

Kendall
05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
It is obvious that this guy has little respect for the shark and even less brains. I agree with basserman and Phill, If I am taken by a shark while diving, swimming or any seawater activity the shark is not to be hunted, but if one happens to get me while I’m mowing the lawn then he is fair game......
the ocean is their home..
If my memory serves me correctly the taylors did a study on great whites in SA many years ago and they sighted a couple of hundred in their few weeks of baiting and searching, the same study was done in the past couple of years and after 4 weeks of baiting and blooding the waters only a few were sighted. They need more protection not culling.
If this guy is still alive to tell the tail then he got of lightly....
>:( >:(

warrior
05-09-2005, 09:38 PM
why does it take someone to jump up and down when they get a bite and say kill them all,you are in their domain they are the kings live with it.