PDA

View Full Version : KIRRA Beach

BLOCKER
05-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I am staying at Kirra Beach next week with the family and would like some ideas or tips on areas and close ramps to fish both land based and from a boat. My boat is a 14ft Westerncraft Runabout with a 40hp Johnson looking at mostly esturay but any info wpwuld be good.

BLOCKER

fishingnottake
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
land based, try around currumbin creek, at any of the bridges, or even along the shore down at thrower drive, you could head down to the tweed seaway. or even head up and fish along tallebudgerra drive, park and walk in there's some great spots in there i'll try and scan in a refidex picture with the marks in wwhen i get home, or offshore there's a heap of reefs, i havn't been offshore too much down here so there are better people to ask, good luck.
ash

fishingnottake
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
oh yeah sory about ramps, there's ramps at tweed, and currumbin, but if you're going offshore tweeds a better bar to cross. and if you want to stay inside the tweed river is great for boating and is an extremly productive body of water.

SCOTTYGC
05-09-2005, 05:15 PM
or you could head up and put in at southport and fish the broardwater

Good ramps at the sundale bridge or over on the spit just past seaworld

scotty

BLOCKER
05-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Ash & Scotty,
Thanks for the tips it is great the help I get from the AUSFISH members. I will try to get up to Southport if time permits, but Scotty those refidex spots would be great if you have the time. Do you need a permit for the Tweed area if you are in a boat as I have not fished down there before?

BLOCKER

fishingnottake
05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
yeah sorry mate i forgot to menion that you have to buy a fishing licence to fish in n.s.w 6 dollars for the weekend (3 days) or about 4 bucks for the year http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recreational/Fishing-Fee thats the link, you can buy them online or most tackle shops down there sell them i'll pm upload the scan for you tomorrow my brother borrowed my car with my refidex inside.
ash