PDA

View Full Version : CQ Reef Fishers. CapReef info

Lundy
05-09-2005, 09:28 AM
CQ Reef Fishers,

This is a briefing about imortant reseach for aour surrounding area.
Bill Sawynok is conducting this independent research to garther info
of the effect of the green closures on catch rates and efforts.

Please take the the time and give him a call.
Cheers
Steve

The CapReef Project would like you to support this important local community based initiative of monitoring reef catches by providing details of your reef fishing trips.

You don't even need to fill out any forms or paperwork!

All we ask is that you phone the CapReef reporting hotline 1800 077 001 after each trip and answer a few simple questions about your catch.

It's a free call and will only take a couple of minutes.

And just to encourage you to ring your details through – CapReef will give you a cap after you've logged 5 trips and a great T-Shirt after you've logged 10 trips – there's a good deal!

So please keep the CapReef card handy in your tackle box or near your phone, then call the project team when you get back and report how you went, even if you don't catch anything.

It's that simple

CapReef is about finding out what is happening in our fishery – your input is vital. Thank you for supporting your local fishery.

For more information contact:
Bill Sawynok
Phone: 1800 077 001
Email: infofish@zbcom.net

Lundy
07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Would like to know peoples thoughts on this subject or if you have rung in a report.

Cheers
Steve

trout3030
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
What areas are they interested in? I fish out of 1770 - the lower cap/bunker areas. Not sure if this area is in the research area or not?

Needmorerum
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Can't hurt to make the call and see Stuie. I'm going to be running around at the M&G next month... gee doesn't that sound good, next month, next month, next month, anyway, giving out some cards so that everyone can ring in their catch's.
I will make the call for anyone that wants me too, but then they won't get their hats.

The way this is working, I think is great. I was lucky enough to go to a presentation by Bill on what they are doing and it was the most informative session that I have been to, OK you got me, it is the only one, but what Bill is trying to do for our reef is really good. At least we will get some real life data on how things are going, and not the lucky guesses that have been made previously by government departments.

Corry

Lundy
08-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Couldn't have said it any better Corry!!

Stuie,
From memory I think the southern limits are out from Bustard Head to the bunker group and North to Stanage Bay area. If you check out the info fish site
Bill will have more details on it.

Cheers
Steve

Jono_SS
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I think Turkey Beach is the southern limit of the study area at this stage.