PDA

View Full Version : Going Off Air, for a short time !

Lucky_Phill
09-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, the day has come when all good things...........jeez, that's not right.

OK, some of know, so I will confirm it for the rest of you ( who are interested ).

This is my last day in Brisvegas. Tomorrow morning, in the wee hours, I will be departing to greener pastures. Hervey Bay is my destination.

I have been holidaying there for many years now, and have always said that it is the perfect place to live. So, instead of waiting until I retire ( as most of the residents there are ), I have takin a good opportunity to make the move.

Let's have a look at it from an outsiders point of view.

Hervey Bay is the Whale Watching capital of the World ( so the brochures say ),

Gateway to Fraser Island ( largest sand island in the world ),

The Great Sandy Straights, a fishing mecca,

Hervey Bay, a fishing mecca, which include the renowned areas as, Moon Ledge, Kingfisher Bay, Platypus Bay, Wathumba Creek, Ungowa, Roy Rufus Artifical, Susan River, Mary River, Gateakers Bay, The Gutters, Rooney's, Break Sea Spit and just up the road, Burrum Heads. The area also encompasses many creeks that the prawn and mud crab popluation are in abundance.

Hervey Bay has 6 sets of traffic lights, and on a bad day, one can get stuck in a traffic jam, yep 4 cars waiting to round a round-about. The area has a contruction industry that is crying out for tradespeople. The economic growth of Hervey Bay is running at 194%. Yep, you saw right.

Look at this :- School holiday periods are busy, whale watching seaon is busy and winter the place is chockers with southeners and caravans. Result, 7 plus months of the year, Hervey is a tourist magnet. That equals growth and $'s.

Sure, one day it will end up like Noosa/ Gold Coast etc, but it ain't there yet. And to top if off, 1770/ Agnes Water is only 2 hours up the road.

What will I miss about Brisbane...... ?

The traffic, smog, rude people, crowds, ques, noise, rules and regs, expectation, the ' rush ', ..............sorry people, but Brisbane has finally caught up to Sydney. I will give you this, fellow Brisvagans, it some respects, Brisbane is still a small town. Look after it !

I'll ba back on air to respond to your jibs, bottom smacks, biatch slaps and rebutals in about 10 days.

Look forward to continuing the tradition and I'll keep you posted on the fishing, weather, sand, sun and good times, from the nth.

Cheers Phill

ps, anyone wanting know further about " luckyphillstackle' contact thedeckie.

agnes_jack
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Should be a good move Phil!!
Good luck to you, hope all goes well.
Will see you in oct.

Regards, Tony

Fishin_Dan
09-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Best of luck Phill!

Did you also give thedeckie the lycra shorts to keep "luckyphillstackle" in??? ;D ;D ;D

kleiny
09-09-2005, 02:03 PM
hey lucky phill drop me line sometime be good to catch up for a fish or an ale or 10 cheers sounds like a smart move to me
kleiny

philip_thomson
09-09-2005, 02:04 PM
is there space in your suitcase?. i can;t wait to move out of brisbane like you said brisbane is to much like sydney.

best of luck with the move.

cheers phil

mossy43
09-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Welcome Phill it will be good to catch up again. Mossy

snappa
09-09-2005, 03:05 PM
does "REBAIT" go to ...???

seeya in 10

Bosunsmate
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
All the best for the move Phil........

saphire
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I used to go on holidays there when I was a kid.
Have not been there for years but I remember it as being a nice place.
I dont suppose the little cement outdoor skating rink at Scarness is still there.
All the best wishes for you and your family in your move.
saphire.

Scott15
09-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Be up there soon phill for the spottie run, give us a heads up

searaider
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Onya Phil ,
All the best with the move .
Catch up with you at 1770 .

Peter
Searaider 2

Big_Kev