PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioned shed

theoldlegend
09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
My wife is the best! An icon! ;D

I'm toying with the idea of making a rod, details of which are still pretty murky, but it looks like it could be a boat rod about 7' long. The target species are undetermined as yet, but something around maybe 15 up to 24kg.

Am wading through a couple of books and have showed wife some of the issues involved.

She suggested that I could get the shed air conned to make the process a little bit easier !!

What else could I want? Aaah, life is easy!!

PS: She had to edit the final draft. As they do.

TOL

MOZ
09-09-2005, 03:41 PM
TOL

Should have put in an order for a wide screen TV and beer fridge while you were on a winning streak!

MOZ

Needmorerum
09-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Good onya TOL, sounds like my better half. She insisted that I get the shed first while we are renovating the house. She even agrees that it needs to be insulated and the room that is going to be closed off for a clean room should be air conned as well.
You gotta love em hey.

Corry

saphire
09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
A shed with airconditioning and a air raid siren.
LOL

theoldlegend
09-09-2005, 05:30 PM
If only I could get hold of that WW2 air raid siren!!That would top it off. ;D

Another thing I would like is a fridge with a keg inside it with a tap outside. Gwenda's brother Jim had one years ago at his fuel depot. ::)

Actually Corry if you saw the inside of my shed you'd be horrified. It's be come a suppository for all the junk that was previously under the house. :-/

One day, maybe one day, I'll clean it out.

TOL

brad72
09-09-2005, 06:11 PM
theoldlegend & corry.
My missus just doesn't understand how important having a good airconditioned shed is to a bloke is it possible for me to send her around for some lesons from your wives? anything they could do to help me with this problem would be very much appreciated. ;D ;D ;D

warrior
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM
where do you live i have to go and sharpen the mower blades!!

roz
09-09-2005, 08:01 PM
TOL,

I would suggest a shed warming party.

roz

frankj
09-09-2005, 08:14 PM
TOL

You must have 'piles' of junk if the shed has become a suppository.

[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

I airconditioned my shed in Darwin, got a bit of ribbing over that.

Cheers
Frankj

theoldlegend
10-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Warrior,

I live at Birkdale. If you live in the area and I had my WW2 air raid siren, you'd only have to listen for the noise and you'd know it's right to come round and sharpen the mower blades.

Roz,

What an excellent idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give it some thought.

Frankj

Clever mate. You picked up on it.

Take care

TOL

theoldlegend
10-09-2005, 07:43 AM
I can recall the day the shed was built. Gwenda wanted some room in my shed to store some stuff. I marked out an area of 1 metre by 1 metre in chalk and gave that to her which only left me 35 sq metres.

Shortly after that, I thought I'd build a bench, so I needed some timber. They were building some extra classrooms at the school behind us, so I went and inspected the building site and found this hardwood plank that was 250 x 50 x at least 7 metres. The building site was about 100 metres away on the other side of the oval.

Couldn't carry it, so I got some rope and dragged it up to my back fence and tipped it over. The next morning, not feeling all that well, all I could see was a tell tale drag mark from the building site to my back fence and Gwenda saying "What have you done now? What have you done?

I'm pretty lucky it was the school holidays at the time. Still haven't made the bench, but the timber's still there.

It's now got things in it like a rowing machine, bench press, weights, treadmill and even an old pool table that one day will go to the dump. One day.

TOL

bidkev
10-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Your missus is a legend too TOl, eh? :D

This "shed culture" fascinated me when I first came to Oz. Everyone is so handy at fixing stuff up themselves.

Don't know what it is with the Poms......shortage of space for sheds? No garages? weather? No input from their dads when they're young? I dunno, but it seems that everyone calls in tradesmmen to get things done and nobody fixes stuff up themselves. I joined up at 15 and when I came out of the mob I couldn't even change a plug on an iron. Had to teach meself bits and pieces but I'm still useless at mechanical stuff. Aussies just seem so good at that kind of stuff............except me...........yes, I am a citizen, and proud of it. :)

cheers

kev

Big_Kev
10-09-2005, 11:02 AM
There was a show on the ABC a few years ago called SHED.
It was about blokes and their Sheds.
Some of em were ball terrors.

stilltryin
10-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Laid the slab, built the shed, insulated it, lined it, airconditioned it, windows, blinds, benches, telephone, computer link, fridge, carpet, went away for a weeks fishing and she who must be obeyed moved in with her painting gear and that left me with the garage. I share it with the computer router, her car, the weights bench, dogs bed, no phone, carpet, computer link, benches, air conditioning etc. Not that I'm complaining, I can still go fishing.

GAK

PinHead
11-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I air conditioned my garage the summer before last..only for 3 months..as a test on a unit I was going to use on a job...did not turn it off in that 3 months...worked a treat...I am sure the cars and mower enjoyed it.

warrior
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
toll i am over at wynnum should hear the siren from home.i think the belnder is playing up

cabfisher
13-09-2005, 02:39 AM
Hay you fellars with the aircon shead ect better take warning once the shead is lined with the Insulating and aircon , Gess who will be moveing In your Darling wife will say I ll just have this little corner for my sowing Machine LOL LOL next thing all you Sh1t wil be getting moved out as it too messy to be with my sowing HE HE LOL
Be warned >>>
Harry