PDA

View Full Version : Flathead Classic .2005

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 01:33 PM
yes its getting closer anyone wanting details or entry forms PM me, Cloud 9 or JT.
The Gold Coast Sportfishing Club had it AGM thursday gone and had its changing of the guard so to speak. new commity members voted in.
i now have a spot on the commity as Visepresident/ Games master.
and Club recorder.
the President is the founding member of the club again.
Donny has taken the rains on quite a few occasions since the club was founded in 1976.
will see how thing pan out over the year comeing.
Cheers Cloud 9

Derek Bullock
13-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Check out the website for this years Classic at ******BEEP******

There is also a link to download the entry form.

Cheers

Derek

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 02:57 PM
derek the fisherman is no longer affilliated with the club
old website addy.
flathead classic .com.au is the site u want

Derek Bullock
13-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Can't find that site? ? ? ? ? #http://www.flatheadclassic.com.au doesnt exist

Can anyone else help.

Derek

Cloud_9
13-06-2005, 03:54 PM
your right derek
its gone.
we are getting new website up and running so maybe that is the reason for it being gone for now?
next commity meeting this month.
but if you want or need info pm me your email addy.
Cheers Cloud 9

DaneCross
14-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Gonna give it a miss this year Cloud9. Saving the pennies for a few road trips. Probably be back next year though ;)

RobSee
14-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Your kiddin DC - this year is going to be the best yet!!!

DaneCross
15-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeh, I'm betting the weather this year will be perfect - last 2yrs have sucked wind-wise. Itd be just my luck that this year it'll be 5kn each day and I wont be there to fish it ::)
You say this years will be the best yet, how is it going to differ from previous years?

michael_Brewer
15-06-2005, 11:02 AM
you wont be there Dane ;D

nofrills
15-06-2005, 11:18 AM
LOL @ MB

DaneCross
15-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeh Mick and I'm sure they'll miss me... catchn' all the fish, winning all the prizes, I can't help it, I'm a natural ::) ;D

Cloud_9
15-06-2005, 04:16 PM
i think the 1 meter flaty will be caught this year. there's been some 92's i think a 96cm caught so far this year by club members.
so what will be come september.
Cheers Cloud 9

RobSee
15-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Holding the classic 2 weeks earlier also would have put us in some pretty sweet weather - going from the last two years anyway.

Now that Jamie is on the commitee, I'm sure it will be a top event!!!

Cloud_9
11-07-2005, 05:46 AM
robsee dont think that gets you better prizes buddy ;)
need to bring this post back up.
its getting closer and the website is nearing completion.
i'm allmost like Big Kev.( I'm excited )
as well as being on the commity for the Flathead Classic, i'm also the Vise president/Games master and the Club recorder for the Gold Coast Sportfishing Club.
got a few Hats to wear now.
but with reports comeing through now the flathead are around already. so the biggies are'nt far away.
the 1 bellow at 80cm i think will be a SMALL fish at this years Classic
if you need the INFO Pack for the Flathead Classic with the Entry forms etc.
PM myself Cloud 9 or JT with your E-Mail Address and we'll forward the forms.
Cheers Cloud 9

RobSee
13-07-2005, 06:34 PM
The benefits of the new limits and the rain we have had will hopefully result in a better fishery - esp with the big ones

Cloud_9
17-07-2005, 04:54 PM
just an update just had a e-mail from the big cheeze of the flathead classic commity. and he informs me the website is on the air now .
the address is
www.flatheadclassic.com.au
or
www.goldcoastsportfishingclub.com.au

Cloud 9

JT
19-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey All,
Don't forget, If you want to take advantage of the early entry discount and guarantee you get a shirt in the size that you want, you only have until the 22-07-05 to get your entry in. You can go to either of the links Jamie (Cloud 9) put up above and download an entry to post or enter on-line, or you can PM Jamie or myself and we can email you an entry.

Cheers

John

gogecko
20-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Is this the same club that meets at the new building near the old train/swimming pool at Southport? When is the next club meeting?

Good website guys. I read the newsletter. Is that right about Kingies in the broadwater? How would I target them?

JT
20-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Gogecko,

That's the right location, Northern side of the Southport Pool (the train has been moved now). Club meets 2nd Thursday of the month at 7.00pm. We have comps every month (usually the next Sunday after the club meeting) targeting different species followed by a barbie at the clubhouse, its a nice social day and a good way to learn new techniques.

Not sure about the Kingies ???, from memory it was as basic as using flathead gear and throwing 4" plastics at them. Go and see Kevin at Doug Burts he gave the talk on that subject.
Come along, grab a coldie and say hi, all are welcome.

Cheers

John

Cloud_9
04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
the flathead Classic is getting closer now
pm or enter on line through the www.goldcoastsportfishingclub.com.au
and your in with a chance to win a stessel boat and a heep of other prizes.
THE BIGGEST FLATHEAD DOES NOT WIN THE BOAT'S.
its luckydraw from entry number
so you dont have to be the worlds greatest fisherman /woman or junior. to take home a top prize.

Cheers Cloud 9

RobSee
04-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Isn't that a MAKOCRAFT boat now?

Cloud_9
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
still a STESSEL as far as i know rob
just about to drop the shirts off at the embroiders.
there good shirts this year.
there Kokoda vented cotton base long sleeve and there blue.
comfy to wear.
Cheers Cloud 9

JT
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Rob,

You are right the boat prizes this year are from Makocraft, motors from BRP (Evinrude/Johnson), Not sure which models yet, but when we find out we'll try to post some pics.

Should be a great comp, if the Sunday (7th) just gone is anything to go by we should see some big girls caught. I fished with Marty_Z and he boated a 91, 68, 62, 50 and some rats. I got a 69cm and a bunch of little ones. Flattymatty has a post up with a report of a 94cm. Shows that we have a healthy system out there, looks like the new slot limits and bag limits appear to be working.

Cheers

John

Cloud_9
15-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Just an update for the classic.
70 Teams signed so far with 5-6 weeks to go thats a good sign for the comp this year.
should be a top three days fishing.

cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
16-08-2005, 01:49 PM
me again.
the entry is open right up to sign on night.
on the 14th
so if your going to fish get the entry's in.
Cloud 9

Cloud_9
26-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Gaday all
the Classic is getting close now.
i'm picking up the shirts today from the embroiders ;)
will post some pics tonight to give you a sneek peek.
even at this late stage where still finalizing a few things with sponsers.
it appears that Chanel 9 Gold Coast and the Gold Coast Bulleton are on board for promoting the classic from now untill the day + some coverage from the event for the local news.
we have Gary ( Squidgie ) Palmer from 88.9 river fm doing a few live radio interviews this friday between 4-5pm with JT from Ausfish in the hot seat.
next friday same time 4-5pm with yours truely ( Cloud 9 ) doing round 2.
and Nugget from Chanel 10 / 4BC has indicated he'd like to possibly get a bit of footage for his fishing report.
we also have HOT TOMATO FM from the Gold Coast doing the MISS Flathead pagent again this year
should be a hoot.
What i am looking for is Charter Boat to sponser a trip or 2 for the prize pool.
the charter from last year fell through :'(
enter's are still open till the sign on night but we cant guarantee sizes in the competion shirts
we now have about 90 odd teams from all over the place.
so far the longest traveled is a team from New Guinea. must be keen.
will update tonight when i get the shirts.
www.flatheadclassic.com.au or www.goldcoastsportfishingclub.com.au
are where the entry forms are or Pm myself Cloud 9 or JT
for a entry form info pack.
Cheers Cloud 9

SCOTTYGC
26-08-2005, 08:52 AM
miss flathead !!!!!

should be something not to miss

lets hope the weather plays the game for us

scotty

JT
26-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Here is last years Miss Flathead with Jeff Cairns winner of the biggest Flattie Trophy, think it went 91cm caught on a Kokoda Deano SP (insert blatant sponser plug here #;D ;D)
The Miss Flathead pagent is run by 109.2 Hot Tomato in the weeks leading upto the Classic.

John

Cloud_9
26-08-2005, 07:17 PM
there you have it folks.
last years Miss Flathead 2004.
note the tiara 3 mans +5's and 2 tomatoes compleat with #4,0 Mustard all-rounder earrings.
she also wore Doc Martins at the bottom of that evening gown.

have a pic here of this years shirt modeled by my lovely wife Karen the fishing widow.
had to get the approval first cos the first couple pic she looked like a deer caught in the headlights.
i had to do the radio interview with gary tonight because technical difficulties ( they had the wrong phone number ) for JT so Jt gets next weeks show to do .
i hope he gets a better phone line then i did.
must have been the border crossing that made it allmost im possible to here the questions.
i probably come across as a bit of a goose. but you get that, thanks gary for the plug.
Jt and myself are doing a bit of exploring tomorrow.
say gaday if you see us round in Cloud 9 ( somewhere down the pin way.)
just put a second set of Ausfish stickers on the bow of Cloud 9 tonight as well.
looks a bit like a charter boat, what charter boat?
ya can't miss it.

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
04-09-2005, 08:46 PM
get your entry's in at www.flatheadclassic.com.au
the 2 boat motor packages are there for the taking.
its lucky draw not biggest fish.
+ meals shirts and goodies from the sponcers
included in the entry.
See you there.

Cloud 9

Franco
05-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry Jamie,

My team (The Jig-olo's!) have had to bow out of the classic this year for other commitments unfortunately, and I'm working.

So you should score heaps of fish and 5-10 kn SE'ers!! There should be a nice 90cm fish for someone around Walley's gutter which I recently released!!..... photo's coming.

Looks like it'll be a clash of the Galeforce's with Shagger's going in it this year as well!
Good luck to all.

See you at the next club meeting.

Kendall
05-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I was at the first ever flat head classic and had a great time, circumstances and finances have prevented me from entering any since. This year might be different when is it?

JT
05-09-2005, 10:49 PM
G'day Kendall,

Sign on is 4.00pm to 6.00pm, Wednesday 14th September. Thursday 15th & Friday 16th 6.30am to 4.00pm. Saturday 17th 6.30am to 12 midday.

Two or Three person teams, Lure & fly only, trolling is OK.
Catch & release, all flathead score points, all fish over 40cm to be photographed with the days token on a tournament ruler. Prefer digital photos but film OK this year.

Cost Seniors $160.00, juniors $85.00. Cost includes a tournament shirt (as modelled above by Jamie's better half) and handbook, a bag of Sponsors goodies (soft plastics, line, hard bodies etc etc), Dinner on Wed, Thurs & Friday night, plus lunch on Saturday.

Major prizes are a 4.3m Mako Craft with 30HP Johnson for the seniors and a 3.0m Mako Craft car topper plus 6HP Johnson for the junior. These two major prizes (plus the others) are a lucky dip prize, so you can win these without even catching a flathead.

I just came from a committee meeting and to date we have around 92 teams which is around 220 anglers. Of these 15 are juniors, so that is a 1 in 15 chance to win the major juniors prize and 1 in 205 chance to win the major seniors prize (if we don't get any more entries) Those are pretty good odds (I wish I was 10 again ;D ;D)

There are trophies for biggest flatty, most metres of flathead - senior & junior, champion angler, team & fly, biggest other species (estuary cod, trevally, tailor, bream, Jew, Mangrove Jack - I think that's them all) plus runners up prizes.

I think that's all - if you need anymore info drop me or Cloud9 a PM or got to www.flatheadclassic.com.au and download the info or an entry form.

See you on the water.

Cheers

John

Cloud_9
05-09-2005, 11:18 PM
gaday all
as john just said, were just back from the Committee meeting and there's box's of sponcers stuff we gota stuff in the team bags.
all good rubbers,( berkley's new range of saltwater plastics) ATOMIC's.
river2sea's new range, killalure hard bodies. tsunami plastics.
squidgies just to name a few.
on the down side . :(
the MISS FLATHEAD pagent got sidelined but HOT TOMATOE.
so no miss flathead this year unless 1 or more of the smelly fishers or nicer smelling 1st mates wants to get up after a few brewski's ::)

more updates as the comp gets closer.
next week it starts.

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
just managed to get a charter trip to add to the prize pool
form sea prob charter.
and hinterland marine havw also added some stuff to the kitty as well.
come and sign up
cheers cloud 9

Cloud_9
13-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Gaday all.
we packed the bags for the compititors last night.
as of last night there were 78 2 man teams and 37 3 man teams.
with more expected on the sign on afternoon /evening.
REGISTRATION ON IS FROM 4PM TO 6:30PM FOR PAID UP TEAMS.
I think the Cut off time for late entry's is approxamatly 5:30 pm.
see you there.

Cloud 9