PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Water Rats

gunna
06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Dunno if many of you saw the 1st part of this series last week. It follows the day to day activities of fair dinkum water cops. Last week it was about the rescue of the Skandia crew in last year's Sydney/Hobart and was real good viewing. 2nd part is on tonite at 8 on ABC.

thedeckie
06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
BUGGER,watched it last week and said to myself...........self........make sure to watch part 2 of that next week,looked at the time and it was 8.30...BUGGER misssed it.I hope there is a next week. >:(

backhoe
06-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Don't think it was as good tonight as last week but I think there are 2 more episodes in the series

gunna
07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Not as good as last week's - but still better than bloody Idol or whatever other crap was on ;D ;D.

Saw an interesting show on Fox last week that followed the NZ water coppers about. They checked a small runabout for their catch - fellers on board professed to not speak english & therefore wouldn't comply with police instructions. Coppers checked the esky - all was ok - just a few fish. Coppers wanted to know what was in the HUGE plastic bag at the front of the boat. Fellers couldn't understand and wouldn't open the bag. Copper tried to board and one of the fellers started to take an oar to the coppers. Coppers backed off - next thing one of the fellers grabs the big bag and starts to dump a hundred or so fish over the side and scarpered. Coppers scooped up heaps for evidence then set off in pursuit. This was just on dusk. Fellers in the runabout got in close to the shore in the shallow water and tried to hide in the dark. Coppers couldn't get the big boat in - but had them on radar the whole time. Fellers would make a run for it - coppers would light them up with the big spotlight - fellers would duck off & try to hide again. Went on for hours. By this time there was a helicopter lighting them up and shore police at local ramps. Fellers finally returned to the ramp at 3 a.m. and were then arrested. Bloody compulsive viewing I gotta say.

basserman
07-09-2005, 12:10 PM
yeh gunna that wasn't on fox it was on 7 on wensdays (tonight) at about 10:30 it is called Coastwatch and yes it is great veiwing and would love a aussie show the same
who knows it may informe people on the rules and regs of fishing around australia ;)

Gbanger
07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
saw that nz water rat show, was thoroughly pinned to the telly..

gunna
13-09-2005, 07:04 PM
On again tonite at 8 if anyone is interested

Black_Rat
14-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Watched it last night, two blokes got done lifting other peoples cray pots in Tassie #[smiley=bobby.gif] ".. we didn't realise they wern't our pots officer....." #::) ;D busted ! Good show.

INDULGENCE
14-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Anyone who watched the ABC last night version of Water Rats seen the Tassie Police nab a couple of losers lifting cray pots.

What I found interesting the guys as they were busted stated that" they didnt lift anyone elses pots into the boat they were just checking to see if the pots were theirs"They figured that taking crays in the water from pots is not an offence

How dumb.

Unfortunately these fellows only got fined $200.00
Should be more inforcement like this. Pity the fines were not larger
Wally

ba229
14-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeh have to agree. >:(

The Police went to all that effort to catch these guys and all they got was a $200 fine each. Would have cost more in police time than a poultry $400. :-/

I bet it makes the coppers mad. [smiley=angryfire.gif]