PDA

View Full Version : sunny coast

s.tury
13-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Finally got all the safety gear to get out in the bay at mooloolaba i ve never ventured past the enterence , so i was wandering is there many reeefs close in , weve got a 4.1 meter sea jay so probably wont get out to far, and they tell me the mackeral come in farly close soon , but are there any little reefs to dropa line in?

fisho
13-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Head about 60 degrees from the entrance and keep an eye out for the blinker - approx 7 km. #Sound around anywhere here - it's Leach Shoal. Otherwise, out from Old Woman Island. ;)

westie
13-09-2005, 08:27 PM
If you go just out the entrance and go around out the front of the lighthouse but give it a wide berth, about 200m out drift around there you will pick up all sorts of fish there just be carefull where you drop the pick as this area is known as the hookup and there is a lot of disused nets there and if you pick gets caught in there say good buy to it.
Reef fish can be caught here but the size is a bit small but a great place to take kids.

jackash
13-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah we've knocked a few small squire and jobfish off in the area Westie Caloundra mentioned, as well as a decent maouri cod. But I am also interested in tis topic having a 4.3 metre tinny. We chased the mackeral and tuna at chrissy out in the bay and came home with a fair few decent spotty mackeral and mack tuna. Also hooked some absoulte unstoppables and this was all within a few hundreds metres of the entrance. So good luck.
Cheers,
Jackash

s.tury
17-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks fella's . looking forward to good weather and catching a few decent fish ,it'll most likely help to justify to the better half why i need to spend a little more money on fishing outfits, as i think the bream rods might not handle a run from a mack ;D