PDA

View Full Version : 50 knot winds reached

Reefmaster
17-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Well you wouldn't want to be on the water with these gusty winds around. A Trawler washed upto amity beach during the night and many others are being found where they shouldn't be. :(

Heres some details from when the wind was at its strongest which was just before midnight from Cape Moreton and Double Island Point. The barometer dipped to it's lowest when it blew really hard.

Cheers Greg

Cape Moreton

Reefmaster
17-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Double Island Point

Big_unit
17-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Now thats wild winds.

Glad I didnt go out.

Cheers
James

redspeckle
17-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I watch tonights news some idoits when out in and had to be rescue
Must have rocks in their heads [smiley=wut.gif]
Mitch
C'MON The COWBOYS!

bungie
17-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Found myself at 1am hooking my boat up to the car to make sure it didnt go off on its own >:(

Mad-One
18-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Sure was some wild winds. Buggered if I would go out in it.

saphire
18-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Supposed to be spring time.
Felt like winter yesterday. Still cold today.
If all goes well Tempest and I are going out fishing in the boat tomorrow.
School holidays are on so I think lots of people will have the same idea.

Billo
18-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Was watching the obs myself Greg ....took a while for the wind to pick up ...well later then expected but those gusts just kept hammering up and up the scale from the NW....went for a gander out the point at bribie , could have ridden the waves from the beach to Moreton !

Was hard to sleep , the wind was coming through the garage and lifting the manhoel cover up and down with a thud

Scott15
18-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I was out on the Pacific Sun cruise ship when the winds hit, got up to 10m seas with the maximum of 56knot winds. Scary stuff ay. The damage to the ship was on the news early this afternoon. Crazy stuff!!!!!!!!! I'll get some pics up tomorrow of some of the damage and the size of the seas

sunny
19-09-2005, 12:59 PM
I watch tonights news some idoits when out in and had to be rescue
Must have rocks in their heads [smiley=wut.gif]

You'll be amazed at some people. #I was doing my VHF course at CG Redcliffe last weekend. #Saturday in our lunch break I walked out into the car park. #The wind is screaming and there's 1m+ swells in front of the leads.

No jokes, I found a couple sitting in thier car with boat behind and obviously discussing going out. #Eventually they thought better of it. #Ya think they could have checked the weather before hitching up the boat? #:o

lil_boatie
19-09-2005, 04:04 PM
In the sunday paper a couples house boat was left in pices.